Toast Inc Restaurant Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Toast Inc Restaurant Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Toast Inc

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Chicago, IL) in January 2019.

Interview

I’ve had three long time restaurant veterans apply and get interviews for this job and they got turned away because they didn’t have a useless degree. I have a bachelors so I applied and eventually got an interview. Typical apply online and wait three weeks for any type of response. Interview seemed very dry and basic. You would think they would hire some recruiters that actually worked in the restaurant industry. I mean come it’s pos service FOR RESTAURANTS. And to add to that, why not hire people with years of restaurant experience over kids fresh out of college with irrelevant degrees? MAYBE some places that use Toast would actually have good reps who have been in their shoes rather than some inexperienced pencil pusher. You guys need to re-evaluate your hiring strategy. You guys should be helping the people who run restaurants with supplying them with successful restaurant operators not inexperienced drones. Whoever is in charge of talent needs to be re-evaluated and take a step in the right direction.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy the restaurant industry? (Laughable cause no one enjoys it.)   Answer Question

Mar 13, 2019 – Employer Brand Manager

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. However, we do not prioritize a degree over valuable work experience. In fact, over 50% of our employee base has restaurant experience, and we’re really proud of that! If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to reach out to me directly on LinkedIn. - Mike Brown, VP Talent

Other Interview Reviews for Toast Inc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

Recruiter screen, phone interview with the division director, 3 hour in person interview with 6 staff members. The in person interview is the most rigorous process. You are asked many job specific problems and you must explain how you would solve them. It feels like the same questions are asked in a few different ways. The interview process was difficult but straight forward and explained well.

It was a good experience until 2 hours after my interview when I received a message letting me know they were going with a most senior candidate. This was extremely frustrating since the Toast Staff had my resume for at least 2 months and failed to mention that they were looking for more experience during any of the calls/ interviews I had. Although the recruiter let me know that I could be considered for more junior positions in the future, I felt this was unprofessional to not be upfront about this fact. I feel as if my time was not valued and I could have been spent allocating time to companies that were more serious about my employment because I was clearly not.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging part of your current role?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a challenge in your work and how you overcame that   Answer Question

Dec 17, 2018 – Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry that the end of the recruiting process left you feeling as if your time was not valued. I apologize for any miscommunication or lack of transparency about the role. If you'd like to discuss the situation further, please email me at mike.brown@toasttab.com - Mike Brown, VP Talent

Restaurant Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toast Inc in November 2018.

Interview

Got an initial email back pretty quickly requesting my availability. Initial call was about 20 minutes and consisted of get to know you, what do you know about the company already, a bit of history/ background on the position and company, asked salary expectations, and availability for a potential second interview.
    Was told from there that they would get in touch with the regional manager for the role and discuss, and assuming that the regional manager wanted to pursue a second round, they would schedule a video call for the following week.
    Was a bit bummed to find out that I hadn't gotten the second interview since person who I spoke with seemed optimistic about odds of moving forward; but hey that's life.
    Overall, only took a few days to go from application to first round interview, and heard back about second round by end of the following business day (first round was Friday afternoon, heard back Monday afternoon)

Interview Questions

Toast Inc Response

Nov 20, 2018 – Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for investing time in our interview process. While I'm sorry that the outcome was not what you hoped for, I'm glad that you had a positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to share this review, and we wish you all the best in your job search - Mike Brown, VP Talent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in February 2019.

Interview

Pretty good communication- I did have a referral from a new hire and that helped pave the way for quick back-and-forth with the internal recruiter who was pretty helpful along the way

Interview Questions

• Mostly generic-type of questions about my best attributes, why Toast, etc. What about ME made me the best fit for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA).

Interview

I thought this position sounded quite interesting so I had applied directly on the website. A recruiter had reached out same day, it was great to have such a quick turn around, however it was mostly downhill from there.

Being in sales, things come up. I had to switch an interview because of a meeting that ran late. We kept trying to coordinate a new time for an interview, but with the latency in her responses, it was utterly impossible. I would suggest 2-3 times over the next 3-4 days and she wouldn’t get back for at least 48 hours making half of the times suggested irrelevant and the rest completely booked out. After two times of this I was all set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croton-on-Hudson, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Croton-on-Hudson, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process lasted over 2 months. I interviewed with the recruiter, then about 6 video calls, followed by a very short project involving my approach to handling client interactions. Everything seemed to have gone very well, I completed the take home project and then waited. Over 2 weeks later and after a lot of following up (even to receive the take home assignment) and I got a response that they went with another candidate. Overall I was a bit disappointed in the process. I interviewed with so many people and it was a lot of time planning and moving my schedule around. Most disappointing part was the need to follow up multiple times. I thought at first I might still have a shot, but alas, that wasn’t the case. Seemed like a good company, but honestly making it through the entire interview process over the course of 2 months, doing a take home assignment and getting a rejection made me feel like I wasted far too much time on a company that wasn’t BBC able to respect my own time.

Interview Questions

• Very typical questions involving your understanding of the role, how you would communicate with clients, and your past experience.   Answer Question

Restaurant Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

First there’s a 30 minute phone interview with talent acquisition, the next round is four 30 minute video panel interviews, the final round is two 30 min interviews with leaders from the department you are applying to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in November 2019.

Interview

15 minute phone interview, followed by a panel interview (4 people, half hour each) in the office, had 2 video interviews afterwards

4 interviews later, they denied me the offer via an automatic robot email; couldn't even have the recruiter send me a note after spending that much time with them which is pretty unprofessional.