Toast Inc Sales Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toast Inc Sales Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Toast Inc

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA).

Interview

First phone call was about 30 minutes with a recruiter. Second phone call was about 30 minutes with one of the sales managers (Present a 1 minute pitch). Then go into headquarters for about a 2 hour interview (Present revised 1 minute pitch). Everyone was very kind and the process took about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your biggest struggle in sales will be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Toast Inc

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of their recruiting team via email. I scheduled a phone screen for a few days later and spoke to the recruiter for about 30 minutes. At the end of the call I was told they wanted me to complete a phone interview with one of the hiring managers which was scheduled for three days later.
    I was given a bunch of material to study and was also asked to prepare a 1 minute pitch of one of the products. I spoke with the manager for 30 minutes and felt our conversation went well.
    They seemed to want to get everything done very quickly and I had a bunch of interactions with them within a week. But now it’s radio silence. For a company that seems to want to be transparent and open they have a hard time giving bad news to prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• Did you read the Fanatical Prospecting article and what were your biggest takeaways?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online. First interview was a 30 minute call with the recruiter asking basic questions about myself and the company. Second call was with the hiring manager where I gave a 1 minute elevator pitch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

Recruiter was awesome with preparing you for further interviews. He sent me links on videos to watch that would best prepare me for my next interview with the manager. Overall the experience was pleasant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Omaha, NE) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online and the interview process took about 3 weeks. A initial phone screening with HR, a phone interview with a team manager that included giving a sales pitch for one of their products and the final in person interview with the team manager (sales pitch 2.0) and also with the director of new business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online after they came to campus using a referral code. Recruiter emailed setting up a phone interview. After that it went as follows:
    1) initial phone interview
    2) second round phone interview
    3) "super day" in-person interviews and networking

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

The interview process for this position was ridiculously extensive. Initial phone screening with a recruiter. Then another phone interview for a mock pitch on one of their products. Then a final in-person interview, two with sales managers and one with a sales associate which was meant to answer any questions I didn't feel comfortable asking the other two interviewers, which gave me the impression that there is an unfair divide between entry-level employees and senior-level managers. I really wasn't asked many questions about my previous professional experiences. It was mostly trick questions that I'm honestly not sure I would classify as behavioral questions. It felt as if I was given passive-aggressive responses to my answers because I didn't answer the way they wanted me to.

This company seems to pride themselves on their casual dress code, free snacks, and open office layout rather than the actual work they do. This absolutely does not seem like an inclusive or welcoming environment and it seems like they want a very specific employee. In addition to this, the job posting for this role was reposted eight days ago. It's impossible to find the absolute 'perfect fit' so maybe look in the mirror or take a chance on someone.

Sending out a computer-generated rejection email the day before Thanksgiving felt pretty insulting, not because I didn't get the job, but because it was the day before the holiday, the response came from some third-party generator, and I had put in a lot of effort for this extensive interview process. Also sending another email following the rejection email to complete a survey was pretty aggressive and rude. Best of luck to this company.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in December 2019.

Interview

Very thorough, somewhat repetitive, easy if you really want to be in sales. If you want to be in sales, you'll know how to correctly answer their questions. Started with a quick phone screening, then a 30 minute phone interview, then a 2 hour interview with a few different people. I was told that if you get to the third interview, they're most likely really considering you. Had to give a 1 minute sales pitch as well.

Interview Questions

Toast Inc Response

Dec 17, 2019 – Toast

Thanks for this thorough overview- you’re spot on! Welcome to the team. Congratulations on becoming a Toaster! - Mike Brown, VP Talent & Insights