Toast Inc Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toast Inc Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Toast Inc

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toast Inc in December 2015.

Interview

30 minute interview with HR follwed by a 10 minute interview with sales manager both by phone. First interview went well and quick follow up with email that day to get to the next stage. Short interview with sales manager which I was surpirsed at. Havent heard anything back as of yet, 2 weeks since last contact. Just professional to follow up with candidates with a yes or no.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your sales experience.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Toast Inc

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toast Inc in March 2016.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional. Recruiter seemed completely zoned out throughout entire 25 minute convo. Never got back to me. I followed up with a phone call and email-- both with no response. As someone who's in recruiting currently, I would never leave a candidate hanging and not let them know we won't be moving forward. Truly sounds like an interesting company, but wish they had a more professional recruiting team.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

Received an internal referral and was put in touch with a recruiter to set up an initial phone screen. The recruiter was very nice and extremely accommodating to my busy schedule. Next was a phone call with one of the sales managers followed by an on-site interview. The entire process took a week and a half, I learned a lot about the company and myself during this time. The managers were really kind and able to show me what my success at Toast would look like. In the end I received an offer but decided to decline because I received another offer from another company I could better align with. I would have loved to work for Toast, they’re definitely going places!

Interview Questions

Toast Inc Response

Dec 17, 2018 – Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing! This is exactly the kind of experience that we hope candidates have. We wish you all the best in your new role; sounds like you are definitely going places! - Mike Brown, VP... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in February 2019.

Interview

There were three stages to the interview. The first was speaking on the phone with an HR representative about the company and a general overview of the position. The second was over the phone with a District Sales Manager who continued to ask general questions about experience and requested a sales pitch of my choosing. The third interview stage was an in person interview at the HQ that took around 2 hours, with three separate interviewers. One was with a current salesperson, one was with the District Sales Manager spoken to the on the phone, and one was the Director of Sales. They requested a promotional email under 100 words as preparation for the third interview stage.

Interview Questions

• Who is someone you consider a role model? What qualities do they have that you admire and why do you consider them a role model?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Omaha, NE) in July 2019.

Interview

It was a really long and strenuous process. 2 phone interviews, 1 follow-up, and 1 face-to-face interview. First off they reached out to me multiples times on Indeed. I finally gave in, only to be turned down. This interview is extremely long. You have to prepare for a 1 min pitch, read articles on Fanatical Prospecting, and literally have you studying to make sure you answer the questions the way they want it. Everything went well until the face-to-face interview. Toast is not diverse whatsoever, so I felt extremely out of place. The manager already seems annoyed bc he’s said he’s been busy all day with interviews and meetings. They are not very personal nor make you feel relaxed. They tell you that you don’t have to have experience, but clearly you do. I was looking forward to making a difference there bc I am searching for a career with growth. Very disappointed for how much work I had to put in.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and one in person interview. On the second phone interview, I had to have a sales pitch about their product prepared. Edits were given and the pitch had to be done again at the in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

Conducted a phone interview and was mostly asked about skills and what my understanding was of the position, can’t recall many personality questions. The phone call lasted about 30 minutes and I was told 24h later by email that I didn’t get the position

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

Submitted application through a referral in October 2019. Two days later completed an initial 30-minute phone screen with an HR recruiter. After that, there is a 30-minute phone interview with a sales manager. This interview was much harder and there was a 2-minute sales pitch portion of the call. The third round was 2 back to back 45-minute in-person interviews as well as a tour around the office. Heard back that I had received an offer 2 days after final round. Overall a very professional interview process.

Interview Questions

• why toast? why sales? why you? strengths, weaknesses? time you have been a leader. The best piece of advice you've ever received.   Answer Question