Toast Inc Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Software Engineer

Toast Inc Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Toast Inc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard for technical company. A coding phone screen and onsite - about 4 rounds.

Process took about 1-2 weeks.
Round 1: Telephonic + Hackerrank.

Onsite
1.Behavioral
2. Lunch Interview
3. System Design.
4. Technical Interview - Java
5. Technical Interview - Android - practical changes to internal app.

The role was android engineer.

Overall the interview structure was better than most companies. I would love to have seen more feedback from HR on the interview result itself. I was pretty shocked not to get the offer. - Ah well.!!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Toast Inc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toast Inc (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Communication with the third party recruiter was really good and helpful. He guided me in all aspects till onsite interviews. Really enjoyed meeting with the team but couldn't perform as per the expectations but learnt a lot for future!

Interview Questions

• better not share but mostly algorithmic and easy system design problems. Some behavioral as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online got a call a few days later with recruiter. Set up a technical screen via screen share meeting. Then 4 onsite. 2 of the 4 hours were technical questions. Nothing too difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in September 2019.

Interview

Without going into specifics due to NDA contract, I will try to be as specific as I can to provide some useful feedback. I was interviewing for a (greater than) senior engineer position (staff in their org chart).

Good experience overall. Work environment seemed friendly and not as hectic as a regular startup would be. At this point the company is already large enough that I cannot consider it a startup. Job security seems good as they are privately held with Series E funding. Engineers seemed competent and relatively experienced. You will be expected to act on many parts of the system.

Tips:
    1. Brush up on system design. The interviewer I had was very good in drilling down into details and questioning your every decision. Make sure you can come up with justifications for everything you design.
    2. Some SQL understanding would be great. I wasn't comfortable with writing queries on the fly but the interviewer was helpful enough to give me tips.

Interview Questions

• Generic string manipulation algorithm. Talked through how to do testing and a generic system design question focused on scaling.   Answer Question
    • Generic tree traversal algorithm hidden under a real life use case   Answer Question
    • System design question for restaurant based use case   Answer Question
    • Debugging a simple service that they want to deploy to PROD. Talk through debugging steps, improvements, scaling issues, best practices etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone screening described a rails and ui position and complete Greenfield work with a newly founded team.

Face to face interview revealed a java only house taking over legacy projects from a 100+ engineer team from boston.

Interviewer got upset when i declined to continue any further with interview after 30 minutes.

Waste of everyones time to be honest.