Toast Inc Software Configuration Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toast Inc Software Configuration Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Toast Inc

Software Configuration Specialist Interview

Interview

One 20-minute phone conversation, then two on-site: one being with one person for 30 minutes, the other with six people over a 3 hour window. Everything went well, got along with everyone I spoke to and they all seem passionate about their work and where the company is heading. Got a brief tour of the offices each time I was there and was told more or less by multiple people they loved my experience and would love to have me. Got the email over the long weekend that I was turned down... Not sure what happened and a little bummed out, but still good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• Background in the restaurant industry with POS software etc.?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Toast Inc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in September 2018.

Interview

First point of contact was from an internal recruiter who invited me to come into HQ for a 1 on 1 with a hiring manager. The second interview consisted of meeting 4 Toasters from this specific department ranging in rank. Then I was asked to complete a case study and provide references.

Interview Questions

• What do I feel differentiates myself from others within the software configuration position?   1 Answer

Toast Inc Response

Nov 20, 2018 – Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for providing a transparent lens into our interview process! Despite the outcome, I hope that you found the experience to be valuable. Thank you for investing your time with us and hopefully... More

Software Configuration Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

Applied online, scheduled a phone interview with a member of the team after a couple weeks, which took place a few days after the initial request.

I was insulted by the total lack of preparation of the interviewer, as well as the total lack of depth, relevance, or interest shown by any of the questions. It was like a phone interview from when I was in high school and applying to work at Best Buy. "How did you hear about [organization name here] is something that's asked during *bad* interviews for a bar back, or to work in a stock room: the company probably already knows what web form I filled out and how I got there and it's not really relevant to the position. Going through each job on my resume and asking only "And what did you do there?" is not only lazy, but it shows a total lack of preparation and interest in the candidate, as well as misses an opportunity to actually learn anything that isn't already on the resume. This was a waste of my time, and I'm not sure what would have to happen to make me think of Toast positively again, as a job-seeker or a potential customer.

I can honestly say I've had better interviews come form ads on craigslist that turned out to be MLM schemes. That's not a good thing.

Interview Questions

Toast Inc Response

Nov 20, 2018 – Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for the candid feedback. I'm sorry that you had such a negative experience. It sounds like we definitely fell short and failed to ask probing questions about you and your background. I'll... More