TomTom Interview Questions in Amsterdam, Netherlands | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TomTom (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

I was just intvited to codiility test

it was about 145 minutes for 3 tasks

the tasks were average difficulty

one of the question to find a bug in an already made solution

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TomTom (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2016.

Interview

Through recruitment agency and the interviewer is a technical person. Asks very old school questions like define manual memory management and dig in every aspect of it if he suspects any kind of false or erroneous knowledge. It was a like an academic interview. He even didn't show his face which I was found quite rude.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TomTom (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

A headhunter contacted me about the position. Initially there was a phone interview with a few C++ programming questions. This was followed by an interview at the Amsterdam office which was conducted by two software development team leads. Note that this interview was a while ago and the interview process has changed.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TomTom (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in January 2016.

Interview

Rigorous application process with 4 stages: First a Skype interview filled with technical questions about Java and Android. This was followed by a Skype interview with more personal questions and the opportunity to get to know the company better. After this came a programming exercise where an app had to be made, which led to an interview at the office. The latter had another 3 stages with several exercises and more technical questions to gauge your knowledge.

Interview Questions

• The usual; questions about your skills, experiences and desires in a job.   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at TomTom (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in January 2016.

Interview

After a short phone call I was invited to the office for a face to face interview. Very nice interviewer and relaxed conversation with them. I was interviewed in the language I applied for. Prepare to answer to a test with technical questions and to write a sample of email to a customer.

Investor RelationsPosition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TomTom (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was above the average for an intern position. They made questions you are supposed to learn through your work experience. The interview included 20 minutes with classical questions and 40-50 minutes questions about the valuation of a company, its stock, the valuation methods and their cons and pros etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you value our company today?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TomTom (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2015.

Interview

I attended one of their insights days in their Amsterdam office and thereafter I applied through their online platform. Then, I had one phone interview with HR, one face on face with the hiring manager and a case study that I presented to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Overall questions about my motivation on why I wanted to work in marketing, this department and my previous competencies that could help me in this internship.

For the case study I had three days to come up with a possible answers on why they were not selling as many PND (portable navigation devices) in that region.
      Answer Question

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TomTom (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in December 2014.

Interview

Sent my CV and cover letter and got a phone call in 2 days. I was interviewed about my experience and subjects that I study at university. Got another phone call in 2 days and a final one to confirm that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      How would you describe your personality
      Questions related to my experience from the CV
      Answer Question

Technical Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TomTom (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in August 2014.

Interview

I first submitted my CV and cover letter, then I was called and appointed an f2f interview. The recruiters were friendly, but unprepared. I was asked very typical questions, starting with "Tell me about yourself", then I had to guide them through my CV and answer about past projects. Then I was asked how I imagined what I would be doing during the internship at TomTom. I started answering according to the job description and the activities listed there. Then I was interrupted by the recruiter telling me it was not what I would be doing. When I answered it was what the job description stated, the recruiters denied, and they had to read the job description to find out it stated what I claimed. It became clear they didn't know themselves what the job I was applying for involved. A bit disappointing for a candidate.

QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TomTom (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in May 2014.

Interview

Internal process, position was for Software engineer in test. Manager of the team asked me to apply for the position. There were also other external candidates. 3 Interviews, one at the pub (awesome..) about personality which laster about 30 mins, second interview in office about technical aspect which laster about 1 h, third interview (about 30 mins) with HR to discuss about the contract.

Interview Questions

• How to test new API's, what is a class, what is my idea of quality and how to apply it in the daily routin, how do I test a class in java and in c++, what is a standard structure of a java program. and other technical question which I don't remember.   1 Answer

Negotiation

company proposed a salary, I made a counter offer, second offer from the company was in the middle. I accepted it. negotiation lasted about 1 week.