Tommy Bahama Technical Support Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tommy Bahama (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online on a Tuesday and received an email from HR the next day wanting to schedule a phone screen. We agreed upon a time the following day (Thursday). The call arrived on time and we had a 30 minute interview with standard screening question about my experience and skills. Overall the call was professional and the tone was friendly and positive.

The following Wednesday I was contacted again and asked to come in for a loop interview that Friday.

Friday morning I arrived at the corporate offices and was immediately put into a conference room where I was successively interviewed individually by four different managers: The hiring manager, one of his peers, the CIO and then the VP of Finance who oversees the whole IT group. The interviews themselves were 30 minutes each, fairly standard and quite similar to each other. No real tricky questions, it seemed more like they were feeling me out culturally more then anything else. Everyone had been with the company for many years and they each mentioned what a great place it was to work at least once. I left the round of interviews feeling rather good about the experience and was quite frankly expecting to get an offer.

The following Tuesday I received an email from the HR contact informing me that they had moved forward with another candidate and thanking me for my time.

While I'm quite disappointed I didn't get this job, the whole interview process was quite pleasant and relatively positive. If another opportunity were to open up that matched my skills, I'd apply again in a heartbeat.

Interview Questions

• How would you begin to implement metrics into a support team which currently doesn't really have any? What would you use to establish a baseline. (paraphrased)   Answer Question