Tommy Hilfiger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Short and brief. Questions were typical interview questions about rationale behind wanting the job and why team work is important. The specific location really needed workers, so the interview process was rushed and quicker than usual. The specific interview was a group interview and everybody was asked the same question and had to respond accordingly.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (San Juan, PR).

Interview

It was a quick interview, the store was about to open and they needed associates to help them build it up to brand standards. The called me and we scheduled the interview. It was 1:1, me with the store manager and then the assistant manager came in. It was really relaxed, the want to know about you, your experiences and background.

Interview Questions

• In a scale form 1 to 10, 10 being excellent and 1 being poor, what would you give yourself and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they gave me an offer and I accepted it.

Design Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was great- everyone was really nice! I met with HR then the team. It went well, however they realized they wanted to restructure the team and decided against the role on the whole.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about one week later from the head hunting company and had an initial screening. After that got called for a face-to-face interview about a month later with the hiring manager. It was a really nice experience, the manager was really nice and not intimidating at all, very straight-forward questions.

FT Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (Santa Fe, NM) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed in the back office by the Manager. She was very dependent upon her question sheet full of standard behavioral based questions geared towards management. She asked questions that I had already answered in some of my previous comprehensive answers. I was fully qualified for the job, as I had previously worked as a supervisor at a company with high customer standards. She gave every indication that this was evident to her from the questions that I asked throughout the interview and even had me fill out the sheet setting up a drug screening with my SS#. She said she would call me at 4pm that day to schedule my second interview over the phone with the District Manager. I never received a call and called back the next day where an associate said he would have the manager call me when she got in. In lieu of response I received a standard email saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult interaction that you had with a subordinate?
      Have you received advice you did not agree with from a manager and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

They don't really post job positions on the internet. Had to come in person and fill out an application and attached my resume. Got called back maybe 1 week later for a group interview in the warehouse location. It included me and 2 other people, me and the other girl got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize in a situation where a you were already attending to one customer but another asks for your assistance?   Answer Question
    • How would you try and push the sale to a custom who's first language was not English?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, offered 9.25. Had friends that were only making 9.

E-commerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (New York, NY).

Interview

The Interview process was relatively short (about a month). First, I did a phone interview with an HR rep, where I basically just summarized my resume and past experience. Then, I had an in-office interview with the HR rep and then the my 2 supervisors. Again, that interview was very laid-back more conversational based than interview, which made me less stressed. Then, a fe days later I was offered the internship!

Interview Questions

• Can you go through your resume and tell me more about your experiences?

What are your strengthens/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I put in a paper application and was called weeks later by the assistant store manager. We did a short phone interview where he then set up an in store interview with the head of the store. I came in, we sat in the managers office and had a pretty short interview. They asked how soon I could start and I was working there by there the next week.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think you will have a hard time in this job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mercedes, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (Mercedes, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was great. The managers offered me water and they are so respect and generous. They Explained and asked the questions to a point where I can understand. The orientation was 3 hours long and I love that I had answered all the questions for the videos.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What are your greatest strengths?   1 Answer
    • What are your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (New York, NY).

Interview

Came in three different times to meet with the team, it was during the summer so difficult to see everyone because of summer vacations. Received an offer within a few days of last interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of the store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary. I would recommend doing more research on salaries within the industry to negotiate