TopCoder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at TopCoder

Candidate Interview Review

Platform Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TopCoder (Marlborough, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

I used to compete on the TopCoder competitions so I received a notice by email that they were hiring. I contacted the HR rep at TopCoder and sent them my resume.

From here we set up a phone interview with a business development manager. The phone interview went well and we set up a second phone interview with a more technical person.

The second phone interview went well and we scheduled an in-person interview at their headquarters. I interviewed with 3 different people, including one of the VPs.

There were two other candidates interviewed for the position (at least for the full interview process).

A week after the interview I was told they were looking for someone with more experience. This was understandable as they wanted 5 years of experience and I only had 2. I give them credit for entertaining the idea of hiring me since I was under-qualified. They clearly were open to giving me the chance.

Interview Questions

• There are some managers that rate their importance based on how many employees report to them. When trying to convince them to use the TopCoder model, how would you go about it?   Answer Question