Torchmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Torchmark Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Orange, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Torchmark (West Orange, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Totally misleading. I was told through email this was a management position only to find out it was a sales job. TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL SETTING. I walk into the office and hear MUSIC PUMPING. I mean Loud. If your a kid with no experience and no education this MIGHT be the right place for you. Torchmark has children running this place. Nothing but smug inexperienced kids. If you have any common sense. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. The reviews of how they treat there costumers and employees says it all. STAY FAR AWY

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Torchmark (Tacoma, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy and very professional atmosphere. Be aware that this is a conservative work place and that they take their vocation seriously. Expect to be treated in a professional manner and be direct with your questions or concerns.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Torchmark in April 2017.

Interview

I tried to ask about the position but never got any response back. I decided to go to the scheduled interview in Concord, CA office since it was close to where I live. The person who was supposed to conduct the interview was not available so her manager (I believe it was the branch manager) conducted the interview. It was very unprofessional and it wasn't for the job I was applying for, they were looking for telemarketers to sell their insurance policies and recruit more people.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and the position you are here for???   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Torchmark (Toms River, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I agree with previews posters. This is a scam to get people in for interviews. You will be told you are being pursued for a management role and asked to come in when all of the decision makers are in the office. It is essentially a cattle call for a telemarketing role to "build your own team" and become management once you bring in enough employees under you. They also blast music I imagine so you cant hear the interviews being conducted and that the role isnt as presented. Interview lasted about 2 minutes and I felt was a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Given what the role really is, are you still interested?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Torchmark (Toms River, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

It was ridiculous. The process was to mislead people to get as many into the office as they could. I was told they were looking for managers, and when I arrived, a big sign outside the door was stating 10AM interviews. Obviously a scheduled appointment was not for me alone. Then I am told it is a customer service position, which I broke down clearly,,, it is telemarketing. It took me about 2 minutes to leave that office

Interview Questions

• why do you want to leave your present position   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Torchmark (McKinney, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very formal and nice no bad comments on that. The interview was the best experience of working for this very bad company. I would give the company 2.5 stars if I could they do not give the employees who make the company the money any money.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Torchmark (Toms River, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Cattle Call atmosphere in Toms River with waiting room like a doctors office full of people both coming and going. Receptionist was there to sign everyone in. Name was called after a few minutes and I was screened by nice young person who asked questions that were fairly basic, then announced that I had made it to second round (after only 5 minute conversation). I asked a number of questions but little in answers of any substance. Next step was to go into room with a dozen or so others to fill out a basic personality test profile with loud obnoxious blaring music in the background that You could hear from waiting room when you first walked in. Somebody turn that off please !! Very unprofessional. I looked at the test, did a quick analysis of the situation, got up, handed my blank test to the receptionist, said I was not interested and left.

Interview Questions

• Not much. I would metaphorically equate this to: Can you fog a mirror and/or do you have a pulse?
      Little substance. Cattle call atmosphere. Make bad impression in my opinion. Loud music playing was inappropriate and silly.   1 Answer

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Torchmark (McKinney, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was not drawn out, however they were not the most upfront about the advancement procedures that they had in place. Not making me aware that the information was given to me would soon be changed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Torchmark (McKinney, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy, simple and brief . It was a mock interview between CSR and customer applying for life insurance . Showing your reading and comprehension skills, medical terminology skills.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Torchmark (Toms River, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

It was the classic bait and switch. I was called by the recruiter because they wanted to see me for management positions. She specifically said all sales positions were filled. When I arrived people were like coming in for their 10 am interview. I was called in and told it was the sales position I would be there for. I walked out. I rescheduled my entire morning for a lie. Great work Torchmark, Ameican Life or whatever the name of this company is because I lost count.