Tornier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tornier

Principal Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tornier (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewers were not prepared for the interview, some did not even know what position I was interviewing for. Most of the interview was 1:1 but I did have a group interview with the subordinate and/or support staff. The position I interviewed for has been open for a while so it is critical that they fill the job, the little information they offered up would indicate that they have been doing without this engineering position so I would expect that there would be a lot of clean up that would have to happen after the position is filled.

Interview Questions

• One engineer dumped a bunch of random parts (electronic, mechanical, pneumatic,...) out on the table and asked me to identify what they were. He did not tell me what sort of information he was trying to get at or how much detail to give him in my answer.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tornier in December 2013.

Interview

Just met with the regional and district manager for drinks and dinner. Talked about experience in sales. In all honesty they tried to sell me more on the vision of the company more than I had to sell myself. Gave specific examples of past successes and challenges that were overcome.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tornier (Edina, MN) in April 2010.

Interview

-recruiter contacted me, told me about the position and the hiring manager
    -I met with the hiring manager for ~1 hour to discuss my experiences
    -The hiring manager read questions that the recruiter had provided (and coincidentally prepped me to answer)
    -The office was new and very beautiful
    -Everyone I encountered was very friendly
    -The questions asked were not difficult, were not open-ended

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a conflict you once had in the workplace and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tornier (Beverly, MA) in October 2007.

Interview

recruter set up interview...was to be a contract position but was offered permanent....went well accepted offer