Toronto Catholic District School Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toronto Catholic District School Board Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Toronto Catholic District School Board

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Invited to an interview via e-mail. Interview consisted of a panel, 2 managers and HR. Questions were easy. However, only 2 of the 3 panel members took notes, the other did not write anything and seemed uninterested the entire time. It became apparent to me that this interview was just a facade. They already had a candidate in mind and were only going through this process as a formality. It was a complete waste of time, especially after having paid for parking as well.

Camp Counsellor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toronto Catholic District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

My school-board TCDSB was the one who gave us, students over the age of 16, this job for the summer. I had the interview done at my school. I knew the staff and was pretty much comfortable with them. After the interview, those who got in had to go to this camp over a weekend to prepare for the camp in May. It was mandatory. Later, in June we had to take these first-aid and WHMIS tests.

Interview Questions

• How well do you speak English?
      Give me synonyms to good?
      Why do you want this job?
      How would you handle a camp, who refused to listen?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Toronto Catholic District School Board in November 2012.

Interview

The interview was about an hour long in a board room with two of the program administrators. They asked questions about basic principles of teaching, asked you to criticize and talk about a lesson plan that you created and used, and provide some scenarios for you to work through. You're then given a chance to ask the interviewer questions, and then they reply letting you know whether you were successful by email.

Interview Questions

• You're given a scenario which you are completely unfamiliar with (for me, it was TOEFL prep), and you're asked to talk about how you would start planning the course.   1 Answer

Educational Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Toronto Catholic District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

You would have to create a profile on applytoeducate.com. Upload your cover letter and resume using the wizard provided. When you are finished, you will have to select a region to have your resume read by the board. Choose the "Toronto" region. You will have to pay a one-time fee in order to select a region

Interview Questions

• What sort of Catholic values will you instill on children?   Answer Question

Caretaker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toronto Catholic District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Apply on-line, wait for call, write test, panel interview, receive the job offer, attend orientation. Written test is for general knowledge but applied to hypothetical caretaker situations with some mathematics involved, panel interview is 2-3 managers including principal and direct supervisor asking what you would do in certain situations like power outage at the school or students wanting into the school after hours.