Toronto District School Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.7

Occasional Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toronto District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview took 20 minutes and I was interviewed by two principals. They asked five questions (most were multiple part questions) and left no time for me to ask questions at the end. They said they would get back to candidates in 2-3 weeks. It actually took the Board 6 weeks. They send out letters of acceptance or rejection, so it slows down the process. They provide no feedback.

Interview Questions

• Equity & diversity. Involvement in extracurriculars. Lesson planning.   Answer Question

Supply IL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toronto District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I had to write an essay about how to run multilevel classes in the target language . They give you 30 minutues to write it . Then they will invite you for oral questions . All together the process consists of 3 parts. I though it would be stressful but it was not so bad as I thought .

Interview Questions

• They asked all together 4 questions , about multicultural issues in the class and how to deal with a difficult child etc .   Answer Question

Site Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toronto District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online then wait for an interview. It can take up to a few months before heading back. After interview is reference check. You get notified if you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate for this position?   2 Answers

VOIP Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toronto District School Board in May 2016.

Interview

There was a panel of 3 people who had set questions. Each panelist had 2 questions to ask and they would jot down whatever you said. The second part was a technical written test for which you get half an hour.

Interview Questions

• How does your education/experience reflect the position you applied for   Answer Question

Focus On Youth Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toronto District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Easy questions, primarily about taking care of children and your various interests in them and their activities. Would be benificial to know about various saftey related things, such as first aid and allergy. Also like to hear that you have had past experience that is related to the job

Lunchroom Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toronto District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

They let you write a test followed by a panel interview. Then I waited for a month to get employment letter from the board.
    You will know at the spot if they hire you or not

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two kids are fighting gor the same thing   1 Answer

Occasional Teacher (French) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toronto District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a written component, choice between 2 questions. Next was the oral French proficiency test. It was the easiest I've had out of 4 boards. Last was the English interview. The English interview was based on classroom management, inclusion, differentiated instruction and evaluation. There is a 30 minute limit for the written part of the interview. I can't say for sure, but I've heard from several people that if you go over the time limit, they won't hire you (time management indicator).

Interview Questions

• For the French interview (oral), one question was what is my favourite recipe and describe the steps. Another was, tell me about your favourite trip. Nothing curriculum based at all. Very easy interview. The written question was about growing your understanding/exposure to the francophone culture.
      1 of the English questions was, what would you do if a student refuses to follow direction.
      1 Answer

Camp Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toronto District School Board.

Interview

Have to be a student in TDSB to apply. Submitted an online application and got an acceptance email a few weeks later. Were called to register and during training day, we submitted out resume

Negotiation

no negotiation, minimum wage

SAP FICO SUPPORT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toronto District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

First it was Telephonic round then face to face then I was asked to provide my Police clearnce certificate,after submitting the police clearance they offered me the job. I joined the company in Jan

Interview Questions

• How many implementation i have done ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i accepted the offer they gave me

Department Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toronto District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

already had some one picked before the interviews started friends of the administration we all never had a chance to get any promotion they knew who they wanted the interviews were a sham