Torrid Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Torrid Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Torrid (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

very brief, the manager was very nice and welcoming. The only awkward part of the interview was that it was in the front of the store by customers and other employees. I was mildly uncomfortable with that.

Interview Questions

• what are the three hottest fashion trends? why torrid? they also asked questions based on the tests that are required during the application process.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Torrid

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Torrid (San Juan, PR).

Interview

Had applied online. Two days later I got a call to establish a date for the live interview. The day of the interview, I was taken to the back of the store and started getting interviewed. The experience was very easy going; confortable. Got a call four days later saying that I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Torrid (Towson, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Got interviewed 4 months ago by store manager,than just recently by her assistant manager.Told store manager I was disabled and living at Hud housing.Wanted to work to improve my life.

Interview Questions

• Can I lift 40 lbs AFTER I volunteered I was 43.Was told I had to operate register manually.This girl was in her 20's asking me this.I.worked in eearly 90's on registers.Most of them were Pos systems anyway.I regret telling I was aged 43 and disabled.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Torrid (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

group setting.
    Interviewer had a packet with questions designed for each one of us based on our assessment that we did prior.
    Afterwards we had to put together outfits and show that we could sell it to someone.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset client that was demanding things we didn't have?
      Have you ever spotted a shoplifter?
      Do you feel comfortable in a busy face paced environment?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Torrid (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online with the simple questions of customer service and so on, got a call two days later, for the mall i applied too it was my first time in that torrid compared to going to two other ones which had amazing customer service and had fashion ideas left and right, the main reason why you would want to work at a fashion store/company right?
    went into the store to find that i had messed up and should've appiled for a better torrid store, the associates working there werent dressed as fashionable or anything, i felt as if i had walked in to a shop to buy overpriced suits,the associates themself didnt help anyone and when someone asked they just shifted the convo and left the person all alone and not buying anything, a couple more people showed up for the interviewed dress just like the associates working while i had a fashionable sense and so on, while not overdoing it.

compared to going to other torrid stores where there was style and you could talk to employees and get help.

the manager came in, and well i knew i messed up badly, she was very strict & hard, where to when i talked to her over the phone she was very friendly. the questions were easy questions that were basically from the site but you had to be really fake to be honest, compare to being honest... there were no real fashion questions or how to help a customer, just more on what to do when a customer cant pay and so on. things that made the torrid store sound more like applying for the corporate jobs.

they havent called and even if they did i wouldnt accept it, i dont want to work for a store where you cant be fashionable.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Torrid.

Interview

brought to the rear of the store, interviewed with a manager, was asked to pick out an outfit head to toe that I would recommend to a customer who was going on a date, heard back two weeks later

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Torrid (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I applied on a Sunday and had an interview Tuesday. It was a group interview but it was very easy and relaxed. It felt more like a chat with friends than an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Torrid (Joliet, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I got to Torrid about 10 minutes before my scheduled interview time and met with the Manager. She had me look around the store until her assistant manager came back from her lunch so we could go interview. Once she came back we went out to the food court and started the interview. She asked me questions, it wasn't really like an interview but more like i was just having a conversation with someone. It was overall an easy interview and i was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

advice to anyone going in for an interview is to just be yourself.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Torrid in September 2016.

Interview

I got called in for interview a day or two after applying.
    The interview was pretty easy , asked 2-3 questions about myself and why I want to work there. Then I had to sell outfits to her.
    1) help her find accessories for a movie night out
    2) make three outfits head to toe based on a skirt she gave me

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Torrid.

Interview

When I arrived at the store, I spoke briefly with the store manager then I completed the rest of the interview with the assistant manager. The questions were fairly basic and typical. They asked why I wanted to work there, what my experience was, et cetera. After the questions, she had me style three outfits for three different occasions to test my fashion sense. It was a pretty easy and straightforward interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you style an outfit for a woman attending a baby shower?   Answer Question