Torrid Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.1

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Torrid.

Interview

The interview was informal and was given outside of the store due to it not being open for business yet. The interview was just like any other interview. Quick and very basic. They asked you normal interview questions, and about your availability.

Other Interview Reviews for Torrid

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Torrid (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Super relaxed. It lasted about 20 mins. She asked me to sell my outfit to her. Describe my strengths and weaknesses. How would you handle a problem with your coworker? What do you get out of working for Torrid?

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Torrid.

Interview

I was a loyal customer at the store and asked about a position casually in the store with the manager at that time. She gave me an impromptu interview on the spot in the store. She asked questions like "What would you do if you had an emotional customer in the fitting rooms?" After the interview, she told me to apply officially online and that she would call me when she received my application. I didn't hear from her for a few weeks so I called her store. I found out she had left and the new manager was going to take a look at my application. She called me in for an interview and pretty much asked me the same questions the original manager asked. It was relatively short/easy and took place in the stock room.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a woman in the fitting room that was upset about her size and doesn't want to try anything on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Torrid (Spokane, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Group Interview that was friendly and outgoing. Prepare to try and stand out by answering the questions first with your own personal approach. It's easy to fall in the background and say, 'same' as the other girls give more thorough and obvious / better answers.

And, of course, dress to impress. Dress like you will be modeling for the store itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Torrid (Greenville, SC) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and casual. The manager asked me general questions to gauge my familiarity with the brand and fashion. I got a call around 1 asking if I could come in for an interview at 5:30 or 6:30. I had plans but changed them. The interview ended with her telling me to expect a packet for background check and I could start as early as the following week. I confirmed with the manager that I was hired and she said yes. Long story short, I never got an email and when I called to check a week later the same manager treated me like I was crazy and that no sort of offer would have been made without a 2nd interview. I understand, which is why I had verbally confirmed during the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Torrid (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

I was called for an interview a week or two after submitting the application online. There was a group component, and we had to answer how we would help customers find items in specific scenarios. It was straightforward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Torrid (Aurora, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple, they called me within a few days. I was told that you would have to go through two interviews each person. When you get to the store, it was a group interview with 4 woman, including myself. The manager there asked about four questions and went on to explain about what we would do as an associate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Torrid.

Interview

Interview was in a little bench outside the store in the mall. Was interviewed with another girl. Fairly simple typical questions they ask in retail interviews.
    It was for a temp position over the summer. Didnt end up getting hired probably because its a plus size store and i dont wear plus size. I feel like they dont hire anyone who doesnt have the "look" of what they sell. I know for a fact i had the experience and did a good interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Torrid (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at the branch in the North County Mall (San Diego). My interviewer was very nice, she decided to do a group interview. There were 4 of us, and it seemed more like a discussion with friends. Very easy and straightforward, best of luck for those of you reading this!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Torrid?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Torrid (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Got there 15 min early. The woman who was to do the interview didn't know she had interviews to do. Started complaining to a coworker about "now when am I gonna take my lunch break?! I'm just gonna get this done really quick." Another girl showed up, it was a group interview. We got taken to the back of the store in a messy stockroom. Halfway during the interview another girl showed up late and they still let her come in. She didn't even bother to turn her cell phone off and it kept ringing the rest of the interview. The torrid employee interviewing us rushed the entire interview and it just felt like it was taken seriously at all, which is too bad because i studied for this interview and bought a new outfit. Very disappointing.