Tory Burch Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tory Burch (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick after first interview. Upper management was profesional and communicated effectively. Didn't require multiple interviews with corporate like other companies do. Very through in describing company culture and location culture.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tory Burch (New York, NY).

Interview

Mild. You receive a call back you're asked questions and you are determined later. The interview is 1:1 many have two interviews I got lucky with one. You want to not really just say what you can do which is kind of generic. You want to show by bringing up examples of past experiences. If you have profolo to show gives you an edge.

Interview Questions

• 1.What are your weakness?
      2.Why should we hire you?
      3. How will you bring business to the company?
      4. Past challenge how did you over come it?
      5.What do you like about the company?
      6. Tell me about yourself?
      7. something about last employor that's all I remember.
      Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tory Burch (New York, NY).

Interview

I spoke with 10 people for the interview process. I flew to NY and interviewed with 7 people individually verses doing a panel interview. I had an early morning flight requiring me to get up at 4am and returned home at 11:30pm. No break was giving during the day other than a 15 break. I had to follow up with the recruiter for feedback after all this. No diversity in HR within this company.

Product Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tory Burch (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I met with HR, and leading members of the team afterwards, to discuss my experience, preferences and details of the role. They seemed excited about my experience but at the end of the process they said they chose another candidate, despite my experience fit the bill. After asking for feedback regarding their decision they never replied, something that I consider unprofessional and rude.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tory Burch (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Had a few brief phone calls with the recruiter then I met with hiring Manager in NYC office. The process seemed a little stretched out. The interview was not challenging. They didn't seem too focused on previous fashion experience. I did not receive an offer.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tory Burch (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was typical. Received an email from a recruiter a couple of months after applying, and was asking to come into the office.

When I got to the office I could see that there was a definite lack of diversity. If you are not caucasian, you will have trouble getting a job here.

I followed up twice with the recruiter and she never replied to me. I have been rejected from companies before, but never dealt with such a rude HR. Overall, I would not stop anyone from applying but I would not recommend getting your hopes up.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tory Burch (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, one was with HR which went great. The next day was the second one & was with the Account Executive I would be working with, she seemed a bit rude and I could tell by her tone she wasn't interested in my answers or liked me. She also asked how I would help with a company project I wasn't aware of before she mentioned it. The positive thing is that I was informed the next day they continued the process with another candidate, so I wasn't left waiting for a response long.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to this project we have planned for the summer?   Answer Question

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tory Burch (New York, NY).

Interview

Several interviews, but very informative. I came in for 4 separate interviews in which I met with 8 different people over the course of 4 weeks. All the people that interviewed me were friendly and informative. I was interviewed by several different departments I would go on to work with, so it wasn't just meeting with my direct contacts which I found helpful to understand cross-functional teams. Very straight forward. Office environment is very on-brand and fashion forward, but also comfortable.

Associate Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tory Burch (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The overall process was completely unorganized. Hearing back from them could range from one week to three weeks and their communication was super sporadic and unprofessional. It started with one of their recruiters reaching out and letting me know they wanted to have an expedited interview process, and she let me know times that worked for them for me to come in. After responding, I did not hear back until the next week (after the window of availability she had provided me has passed) with her just confirming me for a time I did not say I was available.

After the first round of interviews, I did not hear back for over a month and assumed I did not get the job. I was then invited to interview with another area which resulted in another 3 weeks until they asked me to come back in again. At that time I was so fed up I decided to no proceed with interviewing there.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tory Burch (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied on their website- took about month to hear back from someone. Quickly scheduled an interview and met with two people that day. HR was lovely to interact with was very accommodating of schedules and times and very responsive. Heard back about a week later. Had a great experience although it would have been nice to hear back from my application sooner.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff: What do you want to learn from this internship, why Tory, go through resume   Answer Question