Toshiba America Business Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Toshiba America Business Solutions

2.4

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toshiba America Business Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and she asked a few questions about your resume, previous experience and desire salary. If you don't have outside sales experience, basically you don't get to hired.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Toshiba America Business Solutions in September 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen and the recruiter/scheduler was very nice. Asked a few questions about what I'm looking for and what I like about the opportunity, etc.

Get to the interview and they asked some standard questions. There are two ways an interview can go. The interviewer can look for reasons to hire you or they can look for reasons NOT to hire. The latter was the case here. Once I got passed that the interviewer had me meet with the hiring manager for an impromptu second interview. Very nice guy. I liked him better than the first interviewer and he was very honest about salary. His top salespeople make six figure incomes. It was definitely something I was going to consider.

Then they had me do a phone screen with the VP or Director of sales. The problem is I was needing to get started with something quick and from the phone conversation I got the notion that their decision making process for new hires is slow. Basically he said I wouldn't start until October, and I already have a backup job for October.

Anyway, after going through the interview process and getting a vibe for their environment (which seemed very micromanaged and used car sales esque; very similar to Coordinated Business Solutions) I decided business solutions with Toshiba wouldnt be a good fit for me and it's unfortunate because they have a known brand name. Anyway if you want to be in an old school sales environment (which isnt always a bad thing) then this is for you. If you want a more relaxed environment where it is still numbers and sales based but less micromanagement I would recommend you interview with Konica Minolta Business Solutions.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toshiba America Business Solutions (Irvine, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

After speaking briefly to the internal recruiter I had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager for a position in the marketing group. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and focused on my experience that was relevant to the job. Hiring manager closed by asking what unique skills or attributes I would bring to the job and asked about my availability for a face to face interview. The face to face interview was never scheduled even after I followed up to get a status on the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a marketing program or strategy that you have used in the past and was it sucessful.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Toshiba America Business Solutions (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2011.

Interview

I met with a former colleague who was given management authority to hire the staff of his choosing. After we discussed the position briefly he offered me the job, and we spent the following six months negotiating the terms and timing. The interview process was extremely informal, given my standing relationship with my prospective employer.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Toshiba America Business Solutions.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter who did a brief phone interview with me. The hiring manager called me a week later and went met with him. The interview was very basic since the position is all sales based. Then, another 2 weeks went by before I met with the Regional Manager. Told to expect an offer a couple weeks later. I was given a verbal offer but hiring manager and recruiter went silent after I tried to follow up about a written offer. Very poor communication in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in sales?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toshiba America Business Solutions in February 2016.

Interview

Recruiter screened all applicants and then bring them in for in person interview with hiring manager. The recruiter is completely separate from the hiring manager. He/She may not even work for Toshiba, but a contractor, so don't get it confused with in-house recruiters. Keep in mind that you have to sell yourself in this interview, so ask smart questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toshiba America Business Solutions (Lake Forest, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. Basic questions, more of a conversation than anything. The only behavioral interview question I was asked was about a time I failed to do something right. They mainly talked about the position and about Toshiba. The guys were extremely easy to talk to and seemed liked they cared a lot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toshiba America Business Solutions (Asheville, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process is always done in a series of interviews (round 3). The interviews start with a typical overview of qualifications, then switch gears in interviews 2 and 3. The second is usually a ride-a-long with another employee. This is to see office and field work. The third is with a member of management, which is usually overview of the experience you have and how you can apply this to this work environment.

Interview Questions

• How can you apply your schooling to the environment of this office?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toshiba America Business Solutions.

Interview

I was contacted by a internal recruiter who was clearly just reading off of a list of questions. The recruiter was also uninformed even though they want you to communicate through the recruiter. After giving my answers (typical sales questions and background info) I was contacted by the recruiter to set up a time to meet with the hiring manager (sales manager). This interview was more of a conversation and I wasn't asked many questions. I did ask a lot of questions which helped move it along. I was then asked to meet with the regional manager and he asked me a few questions. After that, about a week later, I was told I was going to be offered pending a background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was prepared to negotiate but they gave me what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toshiba America Business Solutions (Fishers, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

The Interview process is typical of most big companies. Phone Screen for 30 minutes, and then if you seem like a fit they'll forward you on to the in person interview. I have to say the talent acquisition recruiter I dealt with initially was professional and thorough and she gave me a good feel for the company and what to expect from the interview. I knew as most decent applicants know to be prepared, show up 15 minutes early and ask for cards/email/point of contact to follow up and say thank you....(yet after the interview I had no desire what so ever to call anyone back)I'm rambling but needless to say I believed myself to be of a good caliber of candidate, I wasn't all that excited about it but went on it anyways with a positive attitude despite the fact that I had other promising interviews that day and week and this was rather low on the the totem pole for me personally...Not to say it's not a great company and a position where you could achieve results and build your career.

As from what I've read from some other interviews that sound like it was a similar outside sales/account executive position I find them to be accurate. Someone said something to the affect of the 'interviewer will find a way to hire you or they can look for a reason not to hire you'...That was true of this interview to a T...During an interview you never really know what to expect until you get there, you have to be quick on your feet and in the pocket. You don't know if it's a company tactic for interviewing styles or if it's just the person's personality or maybe they're having a bad day but either way you should always try to remain professional even if your gut immediately says leave.

As I rambled previously, you have to be quick on your feet... Within literally the first 1-2 minutes I could tell this was going to be no cake walk and it is sales so I figured ok it's sales they're testing me with rapid fire, detail oriented questions and so I adapted. I realized that pleasantries we're not going to be any part of this interview. The first 1-3 minutes of rapid fire questioning I was shifting from "Stay in the pocket" to "realizing it's not worth it and do I even want to be there? About 5-7 minutes in, the rapid fire in depth questions turned from just that to cut you off deliberately before you even have a chance to answer let alone formulate any sort of thought/response. The question was asked and as I was addressing them, I literally was cut off before my answer was completed....At this point I really didn't want to be there and the thought of me 'politely yet boldly' ending the interview and saying I'm sorry I don't think this is the opportunity is right for me and just walking out did cross my mind....I didn't. After the this style of interrogation which may have left some people shaking, I was not primed or excited in any way to be interviewed by anyone else from the branch. The interviewer was professional but did teeter on the edge of legal interview questions once or twice before they caught themselves and likely realized I'm not a newbie interviewee to be messed with type. Many of which I know and when to answer them and when not to answer them. Sometimes you have to reveal something somewhat personal if you really want the job on any level. So I just rolled with it.....Anyhow the next part of the interview was another interview down the hall with someone else who I think their title was account executive or maybe they we're a director of some sort...I don't recall because I did not care...This even despite the aggressive interview was most puzzling to me...Why have me go talk to someone else if they was trying to find a way to not hire me...The first interviewer seemingly didn't like me or maybe I was just another checklist of the day or the maybe the 5th or 10 candidate of the day...(I surmise they had to show that they had interviewed you and then had someone else interview you for checklist purposes) Anyhow whatever the case. This second interview lasted probably 5-10 minutes and I obtained no further information (nor did I want to) about the role or the company other than the silent expression of them who silently screamed "I don't want to be here either!" who further cemented my initial gut feeling that this is a terrible place to work, no company culture, stressfull and just a place to collect a paycheck...Either way I didn't want to be rude so I just counted the seconds until we could mutually wrap it up and both be on our merry way.

The one lesson I learned was to not put up with any bull even if you think you need to. Don't go on interviews your not passionate about and if it's a company that has no merit just walk...you'll be more proud if you do that. The only reason I didn't walk was because on some level I respected the Toshiba Name...I can tell you one thing though I will never buy a Toshiba laptop again and I've owned 3.
    Ok my rant is over and hopefully it helps.

Interview Questions

• Many questions...little time to answer them.   1 Answer