Total Quality Logistics Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Westchester, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager was beligerant ,combative and adversarial. He had some tough breaks in life and was going to project that on to recipients whenever there was a good chance.

If you have any kind of upbringing or polite mannorisms, they wont want you there.

From what I gathered , you will be required to leave truckers out on a limb at their expense if a few dollars can be saved in the process. They are not very liberal with paying their drivers detention when they have to dead head to a location for a pickup and the load gets cancelled when they can get another carrier for ten dollars cheaper.
    If you do want the job though and they ask you what motivates you about the sales process, don't attempt to find a greater meaning of that art with them, just give a one word answer,"MONEY",
    and maybe that can be your answer to any and of of their other questions as well, just keep saying "MONEY"-- Where did you go to college-?--""MONEY"
    How do you handle stress/-"MONEY" Do you work well in a team?-"MONEY" Can you work 6 days a week 13 hour a day?-"MONEY".

Kind of depressing, this interview really put into perspective the shape and ethical state that the whole country is in right now and the prognosis for a descent future with ethical people who have values and want to do the right thing by the community at large.

All in all, very hard core, and rough environment, this is the kind of place that if there is a problem, then the swearing, screaming and blaming starts up right away.
    The interviewer asked me if I visit Glassdoor frequently before an interview and I said No because its too much negativity and if you listened to those comments you would never work anywhere again. He said that he thrived off and feeds off the negativity because he enjoys it.
    Glad I could help him in that regard, maybe I will be a regular on here.

Interview Questions

• Why are you not working in the field you studied?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The woman interviewing me was evasive and somewhat mean. I understand that getting grilled is just a tactic for sales interviews but this woman straight up tore my resume apart, said that I have never worked hard or long hours, criticized me for not making enough money (I am a college student) and overall just made me feel like she did not want me in this role.

Interview Questions

• You don't have any sales experience why should we hire you   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Very long pricess probably a grand total of 4 steps in the interview. I believe they asked the same questions every step of the interview & the employees I met with were not as happy as the online video seems

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for TQL?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Was reached out to after posting my resume on career builder. I had a phone interview then an interview in person. Was pretty quick process, interviewer was nice and ask basic interview questions.

LAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The phone interview was very easy. There is an in-office assessment on the computer which is easy. The in person interview we went through my resume A THIRD TIME. Then she asked me the same questions we went over on the phone. Thought that was weird and made it seem like they weren't interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process seems very well organized initially which may be deceiving. The steps are listed below:

First step - call by a recruiter second step schedule a phone interview , and a virtual interview similar to Skype, complete online assessment, complete online HR documents, (background /credit. etc.) and Third step-hiring manager group sales manager.

I believe the recruiter you work with is extremely professional. The breakdown of that does not translate over to the actual hiring manager interview.

~Be prepared for an ineffective interview at the last step~

Interview Questions

• You are overqualified. So why would you want this job?   1 Answer
    • Laws have changed. Would you mind me asking what your W-2 looks like?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the logistics industry?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about cold calling and prospecting?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a national recruiter that is mostly behavioral and lasts 20-30 min. This is followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager at the office which you applied. Both parties are quick to get back to you with their decision on whether or not to move on in the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Westchester, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter found my resume online and saw that I have an MBA and sales experience. Brief phone interview. Afterwards you will have a Skype interview as well as an assessments. Make sure you know your states. If you pass that round then you will be invited to an office for a face to face interview. You will be given a tour and get to shadow employees. Personally, I was very impressed. Once done you have a sit down and they see how articulate you are, you personality, your drive and if you fit the culture.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience questions. If you have gaps of employment on your resume they will drill you about that so make sure you resume is together.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

It was short, and the questions were pretty easy and straight forward. The process took less than an hour, and most of the time was actually spent giving more basic information than anything. Prepare yourself to answer a list of "goals" questions (i.e., where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.). To be honest, it was one of the smoothest interviews I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• Are you authorized to work in the US?   1 Answer

Logistic Account Execcutive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

the interviews were very easy if you have a degree and can talk to people. They show you what is like on the floor doing the logistic part...they do not tell you how hard it is to make customers and how time consuming...thyeydo give you a sales training class that helps but again the chances of making a lot of money with in 2 years is few and far between.. your going tohave to work your butt off and its a lot of cold calling. even tho the logistic part is not the sales part where you actually make money is straight up cold calls and is tedious and sucks!

Interview Questions

• do you want to make money? working long hours? and work your butt off?   1 Answer