Total Quality Logistics Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

120 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Billing and Payment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter by phone. We discussed my work history briefly. Told me some about the job. Asked what my salary expectations were. I told her and she had to see if that was an amount they could offer and asked to call me back. Called back and set up an in person interview. I interviewed with two supervisors. The interview was pretty laid back. I shadowed another employee to see what my actual job would be for about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Batavia, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke for a few minutes on the phone to tell me a little bit about the company and the position. I was interested so we set up a formal phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes. This interview pretty much was going over my background and what I'm doing now and if I'm interested in the LAE position. I was then invited for an in person interview with the recruiter. I had to take a quiz that consisted mostly of geography. The questions were like "This company needs to move freight from Maine to Missouri, which states are these?" then you had to identify them on a map. It would want you to identify an M state on the map and you would need to know the abbreviation so whether it be ME, MI, MS, MO. Also some basic math like "Trucker A is getting paid 1.25 for 500 miles. How much is he getting paid?" The interview with my recruiter was nice, I felt comfortable, we talked more about my background and the position. I basically told them everything she wanted to hear. I then was moved onto a 3rd interview with the office manager. When I came in that day I shadowed two reps for 30 minutes each, but it went so quickly, it was hard to actually take anything in. The manager was very nice and down to earth. We spoke about my background more. He was upfront and honest with me about the position saying it's hard work, lots of cold calling, most people say no and that the turnover was still really high. I told him everything he wanted to hear. While the turnover rate seems high, it does seem possible to be successful here. The interview seemed very promising, but I was not offered a position and was sent a generic "while your credentials are great we are pursuing other candidates..." The manager told me I would find out either way about a position within a few business days. After a few days I did have to send a followup email to the recruiter before I actually received the no offer email. Be prepared to tell them why they should hire you if a recruiter had contacted you first. The office was almost entirely men aged 25-35 with basketball hoops in the office, corn hole, and shuffleboard (I am a 30 year old female). There does not seem to be a good work/life balance.

Interview Questions

• Why TQL? What took you so long to find yourself?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (West Chester, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Very intimidating and bombarding; The main thing that they wanted to know is "Why TQL"?

What kind of question is that? As much research as someone can do, no-one will ever know Why? until they experience that company for themselves. No-one can read up on a company and just know Why?, besides earning potential they want to work at a company like TQL.

I'm always prepared for an interview; and, this interview was one that I should have never been in, due to the interviewers being very aggressive in the tactics.

I don't appreciate being honest with the interviewers and being probed as if I were a spy or something.

The second interviewer, who was obviously the puppet was the most rude of all.

Not happy.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Phone call with recruiter who was more interested in talking about himself, second phone call to set up testing. Tested on some basic math and map of the US

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I had applied online on tqls sight after I discovered the opening on indeed.com . Within hours I had a phone interview . That went really well with the recruiter and she wanted me to come in the next few days . I came in to talk to her , she really liked me and we proceeded to the next step . I went to the tql location that I was going to work at instead of headquarters (which is where the recruiter was) and they had me shadowing somebody for a whole hour and even had me taking in calls . Then they pulled me to talk to one women and one man , and they seemed to like me a lot . They told me my recruiter was going to get back with me about my new position , leading me to believe I had a job . A whole week went by so I decided to call the recruiter . I was told by her that I was never offered a position and was told I didn't have enough experience, I politely told her thank you and ended the conversation. I didn't think you had to have experience to work there and I am also in the age group of 20-25 yrs . ( for those wondering ) . I am going to try again soon . I was really disappointed being rejected . You also do not say someone has position only to find out a week later you didn't really like them , I would've appreciated the honesty upfront '

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Very standard interview process. Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn and from there went through a series of Phone Interviews (very basic informational questions). From there went through two onsite interviews and skills test. Onsite interviews were comprised of shadowing and meeting with your potential team leader. Overall it was a solid but not too difficult interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more appealing than the next person sitting where you are?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Very professional - phone interview, face-to-face, and final interview with a project. My recruiter, Sarah was extremely helpful along the way and always made sure to follow up and keep me in the loop with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other applicants? What are three negative traits about yourself?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Anderson, OH).

Interview

I was called before I even was looking for a job by a recruiter. I told her then that I wasn't entirely interested in the position and she continued to push for me to apply. I went ahead and applied and after the initial phone interview (more like a sales pitch) I made it clear to her that I was not interested in the job. They have continued to call almost daily to try and recruit. Recruiters are only out for their best interest not yours.

LAET Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (West Chester, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Lots of steps in the interview process but for the most part simple. have not gone through the third phase of the interview but the other two phases were quite simple.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with sales recruiter then they ask you to come in for an in-person interview. Then the in-person interview lasts about an hour and then you are scheduled for a drug screening and final interview with the GSM.