Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.9

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in May 2017.

Interview

The process took around 3 weeks. When it came time for my final interview, I went in and shadowed two different LAE's and then went in for an hour long final interview with the branch manager. I was told I would hear back within 48 hours whether or not there was an offer, well it's been almost a week and there has been nothing. I emailed him after the interview and then emailed my recruiter after hearing nothing for 56 hours and it has been 5 days and she has yet to respond. EXTREMELY unprofessional way to go about things.

Interview Questions

• There are three alpha females in this company, how are you going to compete with them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, a few days later I received a phone call for a phone interview. The phone interview was simple. Basic questions about work experience, and about the resume. The recruiter also asks how interested you are in the position, and what you know about the company.

A few days later I received a call back to come in for a second interview with the recruiter. The second interview was simple as well. She asked basic questions about your previous employment and goes over your resume. She was very nice and professional. A few days later I received another phone call asking to come in for a final interview with the sales manager, as well as to shadow two sales reps. She also requested I complete this "assignment" which was to generate leads for them, as well as complete a geography and history test. Make sure you know your state abbreviations and the history and what TQL does.

When I arrive for the final interview, I shadow two employees. The first employee I shadowed I noticed he was able to chew tobacco during work. After shadowing for an hour, I meet with the two sales managers. This last interview felt like an interrogation where they were trying to make me feel uncomfortable on purpose. The one manager was acting very unprofessional and laughed at many of my responses. They also asked personal questions, such as about my social and personal life, which felt unrelated.

I was surprised I wasnt selected for the position because I had all the qualifications including a bachelor's degree (which isnt even required) Call center/Cold calling experience, sales experience in college. I'm not too upset considering from what I've read is that the hours are around 55 hours a week including Saturdays, with a bi-weekly paycheck of 1300. that comes to 11.00 an hour at a glorified call center

Interview Questions

• What was your GPA? Why wasnt it higher?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

Do the "homework" they ask you to do before the face to face interview. They won't ask about it but if you bring it up and use it, its a plus. Explain what motivates you and why you won't be happy with the 35K base salary.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Phone call with recruiter who was more interested in talking about himself, second phone call to set up testing. Tested on some basic math and map of the US

Interview Questions

Interview

This interview was a longer interview process. The interview consisted of two phone interviews with the recruiter that went over my resume and background and interest in TQL. Following this, I had an interview at the office where I took an assessment on geography, time zones, company knowledge and basic math. After this, I interviewed again with the recruiter in person. Finally, I went to the office location again and shadowed two LAE's and then had a skype interview with the hiring location's hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are cut out for sales? What salary would you like to be making in three years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

It was three rounds of interviews. Very professional. The recruiter was nice and I was able to meet a couple of the sales reps. They were very honest that the work was hard and that the hours were long. It is a very competitive industry but can be very rewarding.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal what kind of an animal would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Very standard interview process. Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn and from there went through a series of Phone Interviews (very basic informational questions). From there went through two onsite interviews and skills test. Onsite interviews were comprised of shadowing and meeting with your potential team leader. Overall it was a solid but not too difficult interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more appealing than the next person sitting where you are?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The process is ridiculously easy. There's a phone interview where they basically go over what you know about the company and go over your past experience. In the in person interview, they have you interview and go over past work experiences. In my case, I shadowed and met with a manager who showered me with "what ifs" after looking at my resume. I spent about 5 hours in the office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for this? Why should we select you for the position?   Answer Question
    • If you were offered a job making 75,000 (twice what they paid w/o working for commission) would you take it?   Answer Question

The first time I interviewed I declined; it really seemed like the company wanted to work you through the floor and I'm far from a lazy person. They want college grads that they can work to death. I figured I'd try to work my way to management after I got my Masters; with the way the questions were focused, it was very clear the manager wasn't interested simply because I was over qualified. I would find another company with less turnover; it's clear they don't really care who they hire or how often.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Was reached out to after posting my resume on career builder. I had a phone interview then an interview in person. Was pretty quick process, interviewer was nice and ask basic interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

3 interviews: one phone screener interview, a FaceTime interview, and in-person interview. You had to complete a quiz and simulation before FaceTime interview and then you had to do an assignment before the in-person interview.