Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Logistics Account Executive

Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.9

372 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

Pretty extensive three-tier interview process. The first is a quick 15-20 minute phone call. The second is a longer, more in-depth in-person (or video I think?) interview. The third is a two hour in-person interview that includes shadowing and homework. This is for an entry level position starting at 35k with eligibility for commission after 5 months.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Very intense. Toughest interview I have ever had. It seemed they were intent on talking me out of the job. I heard after hired that some managers are that way and others are just normal, but the person that interviewed me was that way with everyone.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what the failure rate of this position is after one year?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

Challenging, but as long as you prove to be confident and driven you will get a chance. They will see if you are easily intimidated. They also like people with a naturally competitive nature who is not afraid of a challenge.

Interview Questions

• They will pick something on your resume and ask if another position open somewhere else is available will you take that.   1 Answer

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiters are nice and friendly, however as you progress through the interview process what started being explained as out as "work hard play hard" is replaced in the fine print with "we recognize Christmas and New Years as normal working days.

Interview Questions

• What drives you to be successful?   1 Answer

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

A three part interview:
    Phone screening with recruiter, followed by skills assessment quiz
    HireVue (similar to Skype) interview with recruiter
    In person interview with manager; you are required to bring in an assignment given after the online interview

I would not recommend this job to anyone who values their personal/family time and here is why:

The pay is $35,000/year plus commission. It sounds nice but here is the break down:

You are working 9+ hours a day Mon-Fri and 4 hours on every other Saturday

You are on-call 24/7

You will put in about 47.5-51.5 hours weekly AT LEAST, which gives you roughly $14.00/hr

They pride themselves on "dedication", which means staying additional hours each day; It is not uncommon to work in office 60+ hours a week

There are 23 weeks of training, only after which you will MAYBE start to get your commission (that can take up to one year to get)

You need to be highly adept at cold-calling (randomly calling businesses) and selling yourself

Quotas may be hard to achieve and you will not make your commission

Aside from this, I feel the manager at the Miami office was very condescending. He listened to talk, asked me the same question three times and was judgmental when given responses to certain questions, which I feel were, at times, inappropriate. He asked me why I thought I wouldn't separate from my spouse in one year from now, which was way too personal, IMO. I have an extensive connection with the military. As an Army brat and Army spouse, I know enough to see right through him even though I've never been a service member myself. I can guarantee he doesn't have as successful a background in the Army as he puts off. Might work with all the civilians with no affiliation but I know better.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is non-negotiable.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

It's a three step process. The first is by phone and just goes over the job. The second is with the recruiter and requires you to take a basic geography/ time zone test. Then the third is with the Office Leader or someone subbing in for them if they're busy.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about work-life balance?   1 Answer

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process takes about three weeks. HR recruiter will reach out to you consistently to apply for the position. First is a phone interview. Second is a face to face interaction with HR recruiter and upon arrival you must take geography test. && lastly you meet with a hiring manager who belittles your accomplishments. There is an assignment that you must complete however don't bother they don't ask for it anyways! Interview with hiring manager is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a male dominant environment ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Batavia, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke for a few minutes on the phone to tell me a little bit about the company and the position. I was interested so we set up a formal phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes. This interview pretty much was going over my background and what I'm doing now and if I'm interested in the LAE position. I was then invited for an in person interview with the recruiter. I had to take a quiz that consisted mostly of geography. The questions were like "This company needs to move freight from Maine to Missouri, which states are these?" then you had to identify them on a map. It would want you to identify an M state on the map and you would need to know the abbreviation so whether it be ME, MI, MS, MO. Also some basic math like "Trucker A is getting paid 1.25 for 500 miles. How much is he getting paid?" The interview with my recruiter was nice, I felt comfortable, we talked more about my background and the position. I basically told them everything she wanted to hear. I then was moved onto a 3rd interview with the office manager. When I came in that day I shadowed two reps for 30 minutes each, but it went so quickly, it was hard to actually take anything in. The manager was very nice and down to earth. We spoke about my background more. He was upfront and honest with me about the position saying it's hard work, lots of cold calling, most people say no and that the turnover was still really high. I told him everything he wanted to hear. While the turnover rate seems high, it does seem possible to be successful here. The interview seemed very promising, but I was not offered a position and was sent a generic "while your credentials are great we are pursuing other candidates..." The manager told me I would find out either way about a position within a few business days. After a few days I did have to send a followup email to the recruiter before I actually received the no offer email. Be prepared to tell them why they should hire you if a recruiter had contacted you first. The office was almost entirely men aged 25-35 with basketball hoops in the office, corn hole, and shuffleboard (I am a 30 year old female). There does not seem to be a good work/life balance.

Interview Questions

• Why TQL? What took you so long to find yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview took place over two rounds and a realistic job presentation. The main interview took place with sales leaders and the office manager while the initial interview consisted of the HR director meeting me and learning a bit about my life and interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• What appealed to you from TQL as opposed to other sales companies in the Raleigh area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Columbus, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. I know they changed it since I got hired but I interviewed with a recruiter both over the phone and in person, then shadowed two LAEs, then interviewed with a GSM (Group Sales Manager). Heard back about a week later and took my urine test.