Total Quality Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Total Quality Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Interview

one on one interview with a quick test to start and then after that interview with the recruiter you either get a call back or no if you get called back then you have an interview with the management and if you interview well they offer you the job or tell you no.

Interview Questions

• name a time in your life when you had to show perseverance and hard work to reach your goal?   Answer Question

LAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The phone interview was very easy. There is an in-office assessment on the computer which is easy. The in person interview we went through my resume A THIRD TIME. Then she asked me the same questions we went over on the phone. Thought that was weird and made it seem like they weren't interested.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Anderson, OH).

Interview

I was called before I even was looking for a job by a recruiter. I told her then that I wasn't entirely interested in the position and she continued to push for me to apply. I went ahead and applied and after the initial phone interview (more like a sales pitch) I made it clear to her that I was not interested in the job. They have continued to call almost daily to try and recruit. Recruiters are only out for their best interest not yours.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Average interview, they called to make sure I was still interested in the position about a day or two after applying and setup a phone interview. After 2 phone interviews they had me do a skype interview and after that I was offered a position. I accepted because it sounds like a decent position to start at within the company.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate but they didn't budge, told me I could make up for it with sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Orlando, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. First had a phone screening with recruiter that lasted about 20 minutes. Then was asked to do an in person interview. Went in to the office and first had to complete an online assessment which had questions on the company (when it started, the name of the CEO, etc) and many time zone and state related questions and some math questions. They also have you watch a video where you get to hear real sales calls. The recruiter mentioned the average score of the assessment is somewhere in the 70s - can't remember the exact percentage. The assessment is done at a computer desk/station around other reps. Music was blaring and people were loud and goofing off with each other which made it a little difficult to hear the video and concentrate. After the assessment I met with the recruiter from the phone screening and had an in person interview. Simple interview, however I was told I wasn't mean enough for this job (except for that she used a word I can't post on Glassdoor). Not a ton of professionalism in this office - this is definitely a place for very easy-going people. The next step was an in person interview with the Group Sales Manager. When scheduling this, they also ask you to complete an assignment finding manufactures (see a full description in the interview question below). The manager asked if I completed this and I gave it to him, but we never discussed the assignment. I also had a chance to shadow two fairly new reps. Very normal interview questions and nothing out of the ordinary. They are very open about the negative reviews of the job. Work/life balance is not important to this office - they have you work late nights and Saturdays - all they care about is making money.

Interview Questions

• Interview Homework Assignment:
      A typed list of 20 manufacturers, broken down as follows: 10 dry goods / 5 frozen goods / 5 refrigerated goods (You must indicate if the manufacturer is also the distributor; if they are not, please also list the company name, address, and phone number of the distributor).
      A typed list of 6 transportation carriers that own at least 50 of their own trucks, broken down as follows: 2 that haul refrigerated goods / 2 that haul dry goods / 2 that have flatbed equipment (Provide the address and phone number for each carrier’s headquarters location).
      If applicable, include any relevant documentation of sales ranking or performance.
      Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

First met a recruiter, scheduled a phone interview where they were really nice, and then the first in person interview. Took a geography quiz, nice interview, scheduled a final one. Final interviewer used scare tactics from the 80s to test my reaction to being uncomfortable. He was so rude and said I had a day to respond to the offer and said I didn't have the personality for the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could be a doctor, stock broker, or a social worker, which one would you be and why?   1 Answer
    • Where do we rank in the places you've interviewed with so far and why?   1 Answer
    • What do the other places you are looking to work have to offer you?   1 Answer
    • What hesitations do you have about the position?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a back bone? I don't really see it.   1 Answer

The final interview was the ONLY aggressive one. I didn't appreciate the misleading cute and cuddly first stages of the process. They gave me one day to decide on my offer and treated me like a crazy person for wanting time to deliberate.

LAET Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (West Chester, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Lots of steps in the interview process but for the most part simple. have not gone through the third phase of the interview but the other two phases were quite simple.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

It is done in several steps. I had an initial phone interview then a following interview. I do not know if I got the job but I am still interested in the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about TQL? Are you ok with a 5 month training program?   1 Answer
    • Wait for the next phone interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with sales recruiter then they ask you to come in for an in-person interview. Then the in-person interview lasts about an hour and then you are scheduled for a drug screening and final interview with the GSM.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Charleston, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant people. Started off with a phone interview and graduated to a Skype interview. After that I went to the campus and interviewed in person. I enjoyed the experience and the people interviewing me were kind. It was not terribly intense. They were gauging my personality.