Total Quality Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Total Quality Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

Three part interview, I was called by a recruiter who did a phone interview, set up a Skype interview, then I went in person to the location. They were very laid back.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in May 2017.

Interview

The process took around 3 weeks. When it came time for my final interview, I went in and shadowed two different LAE's and then went in for an hour long final interview with the branch manager. I was told I would hear back within 48 hours whether or not there was an offer, well it's been almost a week and there has been nothing. I emailed him after the interview and then emailed my recruiter after hearing nothing for 56 hours and it has been 5 days and she has yet to respond. EXTREMELY unprofessional way to go about things.

Interview Questions

• There are three alpha females in this company, how are you going to compete with them?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews with the recruiter, then a final interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was extremely unprofessional and rude during the interview. The hiring manager could not even give reasons as to why they enjoyed working for TQL. The recruiter was great but the manager was not.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this position if you were not making the financial compensation you were looking for?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walton, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Walton, WV) in May 2017.

Interview

Had 3 interviews 1 phone interview then a face to face with the national recruiting lady, She was very nice. Then before my 3rd interview I done the assignment as required. Then came the best part today. The interview with the hiring manager. Most reviews I see are negative, That is because he is using a scare tactic to see how far you can be pushed and still keep moving forward. It was a rough interview but very clever on his part. I kept straight with him and taking his hits and let him know that I am not afraid of the position and guaranteed him that I will put in the maximum effort to get the job done and go above and beyond. As I told him, I will get the job done and that is a fact and the tactics he used just motivates me to work harder and provide results which I will. I haven't heard back yet but I'm confident that I will and as for the interviewing process. I give it 5 stars, It is a great way to separate the powerful and motivated from the weak and lazy! Great Job TQL, CWV.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (West Chester, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Very intimidating and bombarding; The main thing that they wanted to know is "Why TQL"?

What kind of question is that? As much research as someone can do, no-one will ever know Why? until they experience that company for themselves. No-one can read up on a company and just know Why?, besides earning potential they want to work at a company like TQL.

I'm always prepared for an interview; and, this interview was one that I should have never been in, due to the interviewers being very aggressive in the tactics.

I don't appreciate being honest with the interviewers and being probed as if I were a spy or something.

The second interviewer, who was obviously the puppet was the most rude of all.

Not happy.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

First I had a brief phone interview with the recruiter and then a taped interview with the recruiter, which was then sent to the office that I was applying to for review by the management team there.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Greenville, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

phone interview, then a skype interview which i thought went well but i suspose the girl interviewing me didn't. She asked very few questions and then emailed me stating i didn't get it. I replied simply asking what i did wrong just so i could better prepare myself for future interviews... however i got no reply (professionalism at it's best)

Interview Questions

• general stuff. ask you to explain yourself and your background   1 Answer

LAE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Lengthy but you will you know the job you are interviewing for when you leave. Shadowing currently employees was most helpful, and allowed the best look at the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Westchester, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager was beligerant ,combative and adversarial. He had some tough breaks in life and was going to project that on to recipients whenever there was a good chance.

If you have any kind of upbringing or polite mannorisms, they wont want you there.

From what I gathered , you will be required to leave truckers out on a limb at their expense if a few dollars can be saved in the process. They are not very liberal with paying their drivers detention when they have to dead head to a location for a pickup and the load gets cancelled when they can get another carrier for ten dollars cheaper.
    If you do want the job though and they ask you what motivates you about the sales process, don't attempt to find a greater meaning of that art with them, just give a one word answer,"MONEY",
    and maybe that can be your answer to any and of of their other questions as well, just keep saying "MONEY"-- Where did you go to college-?--""MONEY"
    How do you handle stress/-"MONEY" Do you work well in a team?-"MONEY" Can you work 6 days a week 13 hour a day?-"MONEY".

Kind of depressing, this interview really put into perspective the shape and ethical state that the whole country is in right now and the prognosis for a descent future with ethical people who have values and want to do the right thing by the community at large.

All in all, very hard core, and rough environment, this is the kind of place that if there is a problem, then the swearing, screaming and blaming starts up right away.
    The interviewer asked me if I visit Glassdoor frequently before an interview and I said No because its too much negativity and if you listened to those comments you would never work anywhere again. He said that he thrived off and feeds off the negativity because he enjoys it.
    Glad I could help him in that regard, maybe I will be a regular on here.

Interview Questions

• Why are you not working in the field you studied?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The whole process is completely disorganized and unprofessional. They company reached out to me and told me to apply. I happened to find that the company was something that fit my interests, but when I got to the face to face interview, I quickly found out what the company truly was. Representatives were swearing in the call center after they got off the phone with their clients. It was very evident they were trying to find individuals to fill a recent office. The lady I interviewed with was not dressed professional, nor did she take interest in anything I had to say. She was not even paying attention to me half of the time. The test I had to take before hand was a bit ridiculous, seeing though I had not had a geography class since my senior year of high school.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to get into sales.... LADY YOU ARE THE ONE THAT REACHED OUT TO ME   1 Answer