Total Quality Logistics LAE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.8

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Durham, NC).

Interview

LOL is all I can say. It's so funny to see all the other reviews of interviews on here. The recruiter and all the employees were definitely nice, but that's where anything good about this company ended. The manager was by far the most void of personality, rude and arrogant person I have ever met. Small talk jokes went right over his head. It was just as stale of a conversation as possible. Very scripted. The entire time I felt like I was wasting his time, and he downright insulted me in regards to my past 2 years of employment. He disregarded my previous success, and acted like TQL had nothing to do with past success or talents. He even tried to make a comment about my sales numbers in a previous position, insulted it, but literally had no idea what he was talking about! What's even more funny is what they think is hard work - pushing buttons all day and making phone calls. I've worked with people, myself included, that could work circles around him and his people. And they wonder why they have such a high turnover; they're looking for robots who can push buttons and take orders, not anyone with a personality. If you like to help people and use your talents and personality to be successful, then I suggest you do what their slogan says; "don't bother." Also do your research before you go in. There's a reason they contacted me and I didn't apply; because they can't find logical people who would want to work there. Look up what actual truckers are saying about the company, and then consider if it is somewhere you would be proud to work. Me personally, I prefer to be a part of something where the most important partner you work with has good things to say. It seems that this is their interview strategy (although I stand by that the manager I spoke to had absolutely no personality). If this is how they treat people who they haven't even hired yet, I can't imagine how bad it could be to actually be an employee, and they couldn't pay me enough to accept an offer. It seems they hire mostly recent college grads with no successful experience; essentially, an order taking drone. Have fun with that!

Interview Questions

• Why did I not sell my house and move my family out of state to stay with the company when I was among a round of layoffs in my previous company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Lengthy but you will you know the job you are interviewing for when you leave. Shadowing currently employees was most helpful, and allowed the best look at the job.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

it sucked really bad. please stay away from this place. it is not worth it. this industry is in real trouble. this place has a negative environment. you will surround yourself with coke heads and drunks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The phone interview was very easy. There is an in-office assessment on the computer which is easy. The in person interview we went through my resume A THIRD TIME. Then she asked me the same questions we went over on the phone. Thought that was weird and made it seem like they weren't interested.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Straightforward interview process, three steps
    1.) Phone
    2.) Online
    3.) In person

Basic phone screen
    More in depth in the online interview
    Final interview was with a hiring manager he gives more information on the company and makes sure you're a good fit.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Birmingham, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy and want you to tell them that you work hard and want to make a lot of money. Did phone interview, then a second phone interview with recruiter, then skype interview with office leader. Got an offer the next day. More of a conversation then an interview.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to make money?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Quick 2 Phone Screens, one phone with reciter, next with a Skype type of system, face to face. If you do well then they bring you into the office for a final interview with a hiring manger, you shadow two current LAET LAEs (depends) Easy process, need to have a money making, competitor nature to be successful and they say this over and over

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness
      What's your biggest strength
      describe a difficult time

why TQL   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

easy 3 rounds call with recruiter two times then final in person with recruiter and GSM where it was a two on one and they would go back and forth and ask questions to you. After you shadowed two different LAES and they showed you the basic day to day of the job and what you need to have and what to be potentially prepared for.

Interview Questions

• A lot of personality based questions-how competitive you are, what drives you, things you do outside of work   1 Answer

LAE Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2015.

Interview

Phone call to qualify and gauge interest, then another phone call to ask more advanced questions. In person interview for initial contact, and if you want to be at a different location you have to go to that location to meet with the GSM or have a video conference. But they would prefer you to travel out of your own pocket to meet with your potential employer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Raleigh, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with a national recruiter. One skype interview with recruiter. In-person interview with branch manager. Had to complete a basic us states knowledge test. Also had a homework assignment where I had to locate shippers and carriers, even though I wasn't asked about it in the in person interview. Overall good experience, I declined for a better offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic sales interview. Really wanted to know how determined I was, how hard I was willing to work.   Answer Question
    • What are you most proud of in your life?   Answer Question