Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.9

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Interview

This interview was a longer interview process. The interview consisted of two phone interviews with the recruiter that went over my resume and background and interest in TQL. Following this, I had an interview at the office where I took an assessment on geography, time zones, company knowledge and basic math. After this, I interviewed again with the recruiter in person. Finally, I went to the office location again and shadowed two LAE's and then had a skype interview with the hiring location's hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are cut out for sales? What salary would you like to be making in three years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

It was three rounds of interviews. Very professional. The recruiter was nice and I was able to meet a couple of the sales reps. They were very honest that the work was hard and that the hours were long. It is a very competitive industry but can be very rewarding.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal what kind of an animal would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Very standard interview process. Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn and from there went through a series of Phone Interviews (very basic informational questions). From there went through two onsite interviews and skills test. Onsite interviews were comprised of shadowing and meeting with your potential team leader. Overall it was a solid but not too difficult interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more appealing than the next person sitting where you are?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The process is ridiculously easy. There's a phone interview where they basically go over what you know about the company and go over your past experience. In the in person interview, they have you interview and go over past work experiences. In my case, I shadowed and met with a manager who showered me with "what ifs" after looking at my resume. I spent about 5 hours in the office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for this? Why should we select you for the position?   Answer Question
    • If you were offered a job making 75,000 (twice what they paid w/o working for commission) would you take it?   Answer Question

The first time I interviewed I declined; it really seemed like the company wanted to work you through the floor and I'm far from a lazy person. They want college grads that they can work to death. I figured I'd try to work my way to management after I got my Masters; with the way the questions were focused, it was very clear the manager wasn't interested simply because I was over qualified. I would find another company with less turnover; it's clear they don't really care who they hire or how often.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Interview

one on one interview with a quick test to start and then after that interview with the recruiter you either get a call back or no if you get called back then you have an interview with the management and if you interview well they offer you the job or tell you no.

Interview Questions

• name a time in your life when you had to show perseverance and hard work to reach your goal?   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

They'll dig deep into work history. So don't lie. I referred a friend and he told a white lie hoping they wouldn't catch on and they did. He wasn't hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for TQL?   1 Answer

Logistic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview. That went really well. My recruiter is very friendly and easy to talk to. She made me feel very comfortable and at ease. Then I went on a web cam interview with her and she asked me questions that were pretty easy to answer if you have a solid work ethic. Now I am proceeding to the third interview to meet the manager that works in my state. I look forward to it and I am 99.9% sure I will get hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. $12.95/hr with overtime. 5 months of training at that rate and after training $47,500.00/year. Once commission exceeds $47,000.00, commission uncapped with base rate falling away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Three interviews, with the first being over the phone- consisted of basic company over view and asked questions about myself, interests, and experiences. The second from what I'm told are mostly in office interviews, however mine was over a video chat as my recruiter was working in an office out of town at the time of my interview. The second round was more in depth, classic strengths and weakness type questions. I only made it to the second interview. I wasn't at all interested in the job and I'm pretty sure it showed in the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What other companies/positions have you been applying for?   Answer Question
    • What are some other types of companies and positions that you have been applying for?   Answer Question
    • What are the most important things to you in terms of work environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process seems very well organized initially which may be deceiving. The steps are listed below:

First step - call by a recruiter second step schedule a phone interview , and a virtual interview similar to Skype, complete online assessment, complete online HR documents, (background /credit. etc.) and Third step-hiring manager group sales manager.

I believe the recruiter you work with is extremely professional. The breakdown of that does not translate over to the actual hiring manager interview.

~Be prepared for an ineffective interview at the last step~

Interview Questions

• You are overqualified. So why would you want this job?   1 Answer
    • Laws have changed. Would you mind me asking what your W-2 looks like?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the logistics industry?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about cold calling and prospecting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I don't know where to start. I was randomly contacted by a TQL recruiter saying she saw my resume on indeed.com, said I was a good fit for the company & I should check out TQL. The recruiter mentioned if i was interested I should fill out a application online and she will get back to me. This was around October 2nd 2016. One week later the recruiter reached out to me offering a brief phone interview (basically to qualify me) This was around October 10th. 3 days later the recruiter reached out to me again saying the phone interview went well and she would be happy to schedule a face to face on site interview. The recruiter advised me I should touch up on state abbreviations and time zones ( rudimentary stuff ). The on site interview with the recruiter was very easy. 1st I had to take a computerized test on US geography then a 2nd test on TQLs commission structure( which is absolute garbage), then off to the interview room! The interview went very well ! The recruiter was very polite , friendly and professional. The questions consisted of picking apart my resume and assessing work ethic. After the onsite interview I was invited back for a 3rd round interview! The recruiter told me I had to do some "home work" basically to see if I could generate leads. Off to my 3rd round interview! I was very excited and eager to shadow TQL employees. The interview consisted of shadowing 2 employees then a face to face with the hiring manager. The first employee was relaxed, explained his day to day schedule and answered most of my questions. The 2nd employee I sat with was one of the sales managers ( saw it on his name tag) believe it or not the 2nd employee was rather unprofessional (cursed a lot , said not a lot of people make it here , high turn over rate , hard to make money off the commission structure) He was sure not to sugar coat the job, explained how hard it is to be a successful broker/ LAE. After my brief 10 min shadow with him it was off to see the hiring manager! It was a situation based interview strategy. (name a time when you had to work as a team, name a time when you did this/that). The gentleman who interviewed me had extensive knowledge about TQL and answered all of my questions, though at times he was condescending( even rolled his eyes a few times). He basically gave me a soft rejection , told me we (may) have to schedule a 4th interview... I found that rather answer rather superfluous. a few days later i got a email from TQL saying their pursuing other candidates...oh yea and that "home work assignment" didn't even ask me for it!!!
    TQL was a total waste of my time, no reason a interview process should take a month.

Interview Questions

• name a time you faced adversity.   1 Answer