Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.9

300 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process takes about three weeks. HR recruiter will reach out to you consistently to apply for the position. First is a phone interview. Second is a face to face interaction with HR recruiter and upon arrival you must take geography test. && lastly you meet with a hiring manager who belittles your accomplishments. There is an assignment that you must complete however don't bother they don't ask for it anyways! Interview with hiring manager is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a male dominant environment ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Batavia, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke for a few minutes on the phone to tell me a little bit about the company and the position. I was interested so we set up a formal phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes. This interview pretty much was going over my background and what I'm doing now and if I'm interested in the LAE position. I was then invited for an in person interview with the recruiter. I had to take a quiz that consisted mostly of geography. The questions were like "This company needs to move freight from Maine to Missouri, which states are these?" then you had to identify them on a map. It would want you to identify an M state on the map and you would need to know the abbreviation so whether it be ME, MI, MS, MO. Also some basic math like "Trucker A is getting paid 1.25 for 500 miles. How much is he getting paid?" The interview with my recruiter was nice, I felt comfortable, we talked more about my background and the position. I basically told them everything she wanted to hear. I then was moved onto a 3rd interview with the office manager. When I came in that day I shadowed two reps for 30 minutes each, but it went so quickly, it was hard to actually take anything in. The manager was very nice and down to earth. We spoke about my background more. He was upfront and honest with me about the position saying it's hard work, lots of cold calling, most people say no and that the turnover was still really high. I told him everything he wanted to hear. While the turnover rate seems high, it does seem possible to be successful here. The interview seemed very promising, but I was not offered a position and was sent a generic "while your credentials are great we are pursuing other candidates..." The manager told me I would find out either way about a position within a few business days. After a few days I did have to send a followup email to the recruiter before I actually received the no offer email. Be prepared to tell them why they should hire you if a recruiter had contacted you first. The office was almost entirely men aged 25-35 with basketball hoops in the office, corn hole, and shuffleboard (I am a 30 year old female). There does not seem to be a good work/life balance.

Interview Questions

• Why TQL? What took you so long to find yourself?   1 Answer

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

It's a three step process. The first is by phone and just goes over the job. The second is with the recruiter and requires you to take a basic geography/ time zone test. Then the third is with the Office Leader or someone subbing in for them if they're busy.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about work-life balance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview took place over two rounds and a realistic job presentation. The main interview took place with sales leaders and the office manager while the initial interview consisted of the HR director meeting me and learning a bit about my life and interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• What appealed to you from TQL as opposed to other sales companies in the Raleigh area?   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in May 2017.

Interview

The process took around 3 weeks. When it came time for my final interview, I went in and shadowed two different LAE's and then went in for an hour long final interview with the branch manager. I was told I would hear back within 48 hours whether or not there was an offer, well it's been almost a week and there has been nothing. I emailed him after the interview and then emailed my recruiter after hearing nothing for 56 hours and it has been 5 days and she has yet to respond. EXTREMELY unprofessional way to go about things.

Interview Questions

• There are three alpha females in this company, how are you going to compete with them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Richmond, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

If you are a good candidate the process is very very fast. Remember the recruiter is a sales men too and has goals he needs to meet. His job is to find the best and bring them to the manager. Do not go into this job thinking you can just work 7:45 to 5:15, if you aren't going to put in extra time then you will not be successful.

Interview Questions

• How's your Job search going? What makes you interested in sales? Put yourself in my shoes, Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

Do the "homework" they ask you to do before the face to face interview. They won't ask about it but if you bring it up and use it, its a plus. Explain what motivates you and why you won't be happy with the 35K base salary.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Phone call with recruiter who was more interested in talking about himself, second phone call to set up testing. Tested on some basic math and map of the US

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Interview

This interview was a longer interview process. The interview consisted of two phone interviews with the recruiter that went over my resume and background and interest in TQL. Following this, I had an interview at the office where I took an assessment on geography, time zones, company knowledge and basic math. After this, I interviewed again with the recruiter in person. Finally, I went to the office location again and shadowed two LAE's and then had a skype interview with the hiring location's hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are cut out for sales? What salary would you like to be making in three years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

It was three rounds of interviews. Very professional. The recruiter was nice and I was able to meet a couple of the sales reps. They were very honest that the work was hard and that the hours were long. It is a very competitive industry but can be very rewarding.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal what kind of an animal would you be?   1 Answer