Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Total Quality Logistics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Independence, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

I heard of TQL through my time at college I applied directly through their website contacted a few days later. At first there was a phone screening typical really there aren't any difficult questions.

I then went in for my formal interview which was in their office. Including filling out a paper application, leaving a min long (I think) voicemail sales manger on why you should get the position (thats who you interview with in the 3rd interview) and a basic assessment if you know your state abbreviations, basic company info, with basic math you'll be fine. After the assessment I went an was interviewed in-person this time with the recruiter base questions why sales etc. I told her I was I had a decision coming up and if I could move quickly in the process I'd appreciate it.

I heard back for my third interview on-site again you start off by sitting down with to Account Executives and ask them questions (be prepared for that) I knew I would need some questions but I thought there would be more call's. I went to the 2nd Account Executive who called to make a sale and basically lead this gentleman to believe he had freight ready to go out in a territory that he did not have at the time. Well his customer actually needed what he was mentioning but the Account Executive did not have it so he hung up the phone on him in front of me so unprofessional. Overall that was a learning experience and very informational. Then I went into my interview with the sales manager and someone he was training. Basic questions at first I was asked then to sell something to him in his office and I chose a golf club not to difficult the goal was to make the most money (advice stay firm in your price, don't say its about this much). The most difficult question though probably had to be say we were in a bar tell me Why you'll do well at this job (or why you deserve it something like that) I didn't really know what he was looking for so it was tough. He said he was make his decision rather quick so thats what I expected because I had another opportunity coming up if this one didn't work out. But I had not heard back till about 2 weeks after with a generic response.

Overall about 2 week process maybe.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something in the office.

If we were at a bar tell me why you'd do well at this position/ why we should hire you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

My recruiter was awesome - I was challenged, but felt prepared and informed every step of the way. Three rounds of interviews. All phone and webcam. Worked well with my schedule. Quick follow up. I could tell that I had a good recruiter working with me, and was entering a professional company.

Interview Questions

• When have I accomplished something I never expected I'd be able to do   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

You will get a call from a recruiter. They will ask you a few questions and set up a phone interview. You will then almost regardless of your qualifications go to a second round interview where you will take the worlds easiest test (just study some basic Geography/know your time zones) and then be put into a room with your recruiter for an interview. They may make it seem like you wont get the job but they will call you back with in a day or two almost 100% of the time. You will then go onto shadow 2 brokers which will show you kind of what they do. They will pick some one new and some one who has been there a few years in always people who do well above average though. Then you will interview with the GSM they will act like they don't like you even if they do, and then you will be walked out by your recruiter. You may leave feeling unsure but that's okay you most likely got the job. See the turn over is high enough where they will probably give you a shot one way or another.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here what wasn't working in your last position, or, what makes you think you are good enough to work here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no negotiations regarding new hires it is a $35k base for everyone who gets the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

You must commit 100% to TQL and only TQL. You MUST apply for other positions. You cannot mention being wealthy. You cannot mention wanting to be home. You have to sale yourself as a workaholic that only wants to make a ton of money and will work 24 7 to get it. You HAVE to make sure you are driven and have a strong desire to make as much money as possible. You cannot be too nice, you have to act arrogant, and motivated. Don't let them push you around and if they keep pressing your buttons press them back. Make them sell you the Job, and no matter what do not back down.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you the same question 50 times.   1 Answer

This place is terrible to work for.... just read the reviews

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume via Craigslist. I was contacted a few days later and completed an initial phone screen with a National Sales Recruiter. I was brought in for an office visit where I completed a skills test, job shadow, an HR interview and a final interview with the group manager,

Interview Questions

• I don't think you are tough enough for this job, what do you think about that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating on the base salary. It is company-wide.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met at a Job Fair and interviewed the next day onsite. Followed up and received a phone interview. Next I did a video interview with the same woman. To this point the interviews were basically just feeling me out, getting to know me and figuring out if I would be good at sales. I showed interest in the Chicago office and received an onsite interview. Had to complete an assignment finding distributes and carriers before the on-site. 1st I shadowed 2 people, one trainee and one more experienced LAE. I liked it to this point but realized it would be a ton of work to make $$$ in terms of building a book of business. Nothing wrong with that but its just a fact of the job. Interviewed with 2 managers. One was very abrasive in his questioning but it wasn't terrible. Similar to the original, felt me out, and asked why sales.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't I work during freshman year of college? Implied it was cause I wasn't hungry for $$   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I eagerly applied for this position in October for the Chicago location. I was drawn to TQL by its commitment to ethics and the ability to control my income. I had an initial phone interview that lasted about 30 mins then was invited to come to the downtown Chicago office for an interview. What happened onsite was bizarre to say the least. I came in and took their assessment where I scored a 97%. Next, I met with my "recruiter" to take a building tour and then finally got to the interview room where I was to have my second interview. The questions were extremely basic and elementary, but what happened next was extremely un-professional and overall rude. When I arrived in the room, it was ungodly hot for a Chicago fall day. My interviewer did not seem the least bit interested in listening to my credentials, nor my answers and questions about TQL. About 5 minutes into the interview, I was answering a question when the "recruiter" jumped up and said "this room is way too hot we need to find a different room." Surprised, I agreed and waited for about 2 minutes for the recruiter to come back. She said that she could not find another room (every other conference room was wide open) and that we would continue the interview. I asked if I could remove my sports coat and she agreed. About 2 minutes later, after another elementary question of "tell me a time when..." the recruiter jumped up and stated "I can't do this" and ran out of the room. Stunned I sat there for 5 minutes in this room wondering what in the world was going on. Next, the receptionist came to me and stated "ya your recruiter got sick and there is no one else here to interview you." The receptionist then escorted me out of the building like I was a threat to the organization as a whole. My question was only what were the next steps in the process (since I basically did not even get a chance to interview). The receptionist stated that I would most likely be coming back in a week for another interview with a sales manager. Fast forward to Monday, after sending the recruiter a thank you note as well as attached files highlighting my achievements, she left a voicemail asking if I had any additional questions. The next day, I got an email from the receptionist who escorted me out of the building stating that due to my lack of qualification, they would be pursuing other candidates.

I did not even get a chance to interview after prepping and traveling for this job. I did not even get to ask questions, nor qualify myself as a candidate. I am not bitter about this process, TQL's loss is another company's gain. I just wanted to highlight the extreme lack of professionalism displayed by this very amateur recruiting wing of the Chicago office.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected part of the interview was my recruiter running out of the room claiming illness and then being escorted out of the building. It left me questioning not only myself, but this organization as a whole.   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and 2 very in depth face to face interviews. 1 ON 1 to test your personality and relationship building ability. also very informative on what to expect from the job and how to succeed and grow within the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy. The recruiter lead you through all the steps that you needed. They were very urgent to push you through the process. The test that they give is very easy, if you know basic US geography.

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in August 2014.

Interview

I was originally recruited via email by one of their national recruiters. We set up an initial phone interview, which were basic questions: "Why are you interested in sales? How competitive are you? How many interviews have you had? How many job offers have you had? What does sales mean to you? Why is sales important to you"

Then I had to watch online videos (explained salary and compensation) and listen to real employee sales calls and take a quick/easy test (geographical knowledge) - Only took about 45 minutes.

Then we had our second interview - this was a more in-detail interview with the same recruiter. She asked me a lot of the same questions plus more situational questions. This was a lot more difficult than the first interview. You should think of a few reasons why you love sales and why you are good at sales beforehand and probably write down these answers. If you cannot think of enough reasons, then this is probably not the job for you! Also be ready to answer questions about previous salaries and hours worked per week.

The overall process was nice and I was able to see fully what would be asked of me in the position. The company has a great recruiting system and apparently they only accept a very low level of applicants (fewer than five percent). I felt that the recruiter really knew what she was doing.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest risk you have taken? name a time you have failed. where do you see yourself in 3 years? How would your friends describe you? a common misconception about you? a time when you didn't get along with management?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate for this position.