Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 71 of over 1.1K interviews

Recruiter26%
Campus Recruiting12%
HardAverageEasy

Total Quality Logistics

Application

I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics

Interview

Very informative and informational process. Includes shadowing and industry related assessments. Tests include: U.S. state knowledge, timezone knowledge, TQL company knowledge, basic mathematics and industry conversions and formulas. The shadowing was very helpful and an LAE walks you through their day and processes.

Interview Questions
  • They ask why you want to work for a logistics company and why you feel you would be successful in this role.
    Answer Question
  • You are asked about your experience with sales and skills with selling, persuasion and dealing with rejection.

Total Quality Logistics

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics

Interview

This process was pretty long, but the job is strenuous so I'm assuming it's to help weed out applicants that aren't interested. You have to take a few tests, one involving math, another is US geography, and then basic logistics/TQL knowledge. You work with a recruiter and they give you everything you need to pass, just bear in mind it takes a lot of motivation to get through the process and it will take even more to last on the sales floor. There were two interviews with the recruiter - one was short, more informational. The second was longer and more formal/thorough. The last interview is with the office's manager with whom you'll work under. The last interview was the hardest, they don't sugarcoat the job and make sure you know what you're getting into.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Columbus, OH) in Oct 2020

Interview

Everything started out great! The company reached out to me through LinkedIn and the recruiter encouraged me to apply. I did. The following week the same recruiter gave me a phone call to coach me up for a phone interview. Very thoughtful, very helpful. The phone interview was not stressful at all since it was with the same recruiter who coached me up. Less than five days later she got back to me and said they were impressed with the interview and were excited to move me along to the next step of the interview process! The following week I scheduled time around lunch to visit one of their offices local to me so I didn't have to miss too much of my shift at my current job. They were very nice, very enthusiastic. The workplace looked relaxed and supportive of everyone there. I took a few tests at one of their work stations, I talked with their supervisors, and shadowed a Logistics Account Executive who coached up Trainees. He couldn't have been older than 25. Then I had a virtual interview with the same recruiter again. The whole interview and experience was much more in-depth than the previous phone-interview. But I did well and again, less than 5 days later, I got a phone call. Congrats, you are being moved along to the next phase of the interview! They wanted me to schedule for another time during my shift at work, but I explained that money was tight and I felt uncomfortable doing that. So they were flexible and organized a virtual interview with a Team Leader at the office I was interviewing for. The interview lasted close to 90 minutes. This was *supposed* to be the last part of the interview process. I was told that yes, it was, and yes the Team Leader really liked me, but thought my "energy" would be better suited for the other Team Leader in that city. This would require an in person interview. And we would not be able to schedule an in person interview for over a month. So I waited and prepared for over a month to finish up an interview process that should have already been finished, talked with the new Team Leader who definitely did not have the same "energy", whatever that means, because I was left waiting for 20 minutes after the time my interview was supposed to start, and the whole in person interview itself took no longer than 20 minutes. "Yeah, I don't have a lot to ask you because the other two people you've talked to have given me all the information I need. But it was great meeting you!" 5 days later, I receive a standard, copy paste block email letting me know they were moving on to other candidates. Over two months of effort and correspondence when I had been told to expect one month, and having been led on and told the entire way that I was an excellent candidate only to be dropped non-challantly at the door of the interview after what was supposed to be the final interview was far greater than annoying. This company wasted my time (and money!)

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time in which you had to come up with a creative solution to a new problem?

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Louisville, KY)

Interview

Phone interview, in-person interview with a recruiter, and then an interview with two members of management. Fairly easy to get through, not too many hard questions. Act confident and they'll hire you.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Denver, CO) in Apr 2019

Interview

First round is over the phone with a recruiter. Second is a personality test with a recruiter. Third is in person interview with a office manager. You also need to take a test to see if you know your states and if you can type 30 words a minute.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem/make a difficult decision.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in Dec 2018

Interview

They make it seem like they don't want you but yet they need you. It felt really strange going in all dressed up even though everyone else wasn't. The tests were pretty easy but definitely study.

Interview Questions
  • On a scale from 1-10 how interested are you in TQL? Why TQL over other 3PLs?

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Memphis, TN) in Nov 2018

Interview

I submitted my resume to on the TQL website, and was contacted by a recruiter the next day. She told me about the role, and asked if I was interested in setting up a formal phone interview. We set this up for the next day, and she let me know that I'd be doing a short sales pitch as part of the interview process. After that, we did an in-person interview where I was tested on math, TQL knowledge, and geography. I was also given a final assignment to complete before my final interview - it took about 2 hours to complete. My interview with the hiring manager was two days later on Friday morning. I arrived 20 minutes early, so I shadowed a LAE to see what the day to day looks like, and then interviewed with the hiring manager. It was laid back, and I was given the expectations of the role, and was told that is not for everyone. They truly want to make sure that the role is not only a right fit for them, but a right fit for you as well.

Interview Questions
  • What is your number one motivator?

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (San Antonio, TX) in Sep 2018

Interview

Lengthy, but worth it. Interview included 2 phone intrerviews and 2 in person. My advice, definitely come prepared. The competition is tough, so don’t expect an easy day. Know the company before you go in and be confident that you’re the right person for the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Spanish Fort, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Spanish Fort, AL) in Mar 2018

Interview

I sat before a panel of three people and was asked general questions about my experience. They tried to determine if I was up for the challenge. They discussed the job requirements in more detail.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about making up to and over 100 phone calls per day?

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2018

Interview

Phone Interview, then an online test... followed by an on site interview where you meet the team leader who shows you around the office. The on site interview lasts for an hour.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 Interviews