Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Logistics Account Executive Trainee

Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Total Quality Logistics

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Phone interview, in-person interview with a recruiter, and then an interview with two members of management. Fairly easy to get through, not too many hard questions. Act confident and they'll hire you.

Other Interview Reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in December 2018.

Interview

They make it seem like they don't want you but yet they need you. It felt really strange going in all dressed up even though everyone else wasn't. The tests were pretty easy but definitely study.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1-10 how interested are you in TQL?
      Why TQL over other 3PLs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Memphis, TN) in November 2018.

Interview

I submitted my resume to on the TQL website, and was contacted by a recruiter the next day. She told me about the role, and asked if I was interested in setting up a formal phone interview. We set this up for the next day, and she let me know that I'd be doing a short sales pitch as part of the interview process. After that, we did an in-person interview where I was tested on math, TQL knowledge, and geography. I was also given a final assignment to complete before my final interview - it took about 2 hours to complete. My interview with the hiring manager was two days later on Friday morning. I arrived 20 minutes early, so I shadowed a LAE to see what the day to day looks like, and then interviewed with the hiring manager. It was laid back, and I was given the expectations of the role, and was told that is not for everyone. They truly want to make sure that the role is not only a right fit for them, but a right fit for you as well.

Interview Questions

• What is your number one motivator?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (San Antonio, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

Lengthy, but worth it. Interview included 2 phone intrerviews and 2 in person. My advice, definitely come prepared. The competition is tough, so don’t expect an easy day. Know the company before you go in and be confident that you’re the right person for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Spanish Fort, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Spanish Fort, AL) in March 2018.

Interview

I sat before a panel of three people and was asked general questions about my experience. They tried to determine if I was up for the challenge. They discussed the job requirements in more detail.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about making up to and over 100 phone calls per day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone Interview, then an online test... followed by an on site interview where you meet the team leader who shows you around the office. The on site interview lasts for an hour.

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

Pretty extensive three-tier interview process. The first is a quick 15-20 minute phone call. The second is a longer, more in-depth in-person (or video I think?) interview. The third is a two hour in-person interview that includes shadowing and homework. This is for an entry level position starting at 35k with eligibility for commission after 5 months.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

A three part interview:
    Phone screening with recruiter, followed by skills assessment quiz
    HireVue (similar to Skype) interview with recruiter
    In person interview with manager; you are required to bring in an assignment given after the online interview

I would not recommend this job to anyone who values their personal/family time and here is why:

The pay is $35,000/year plus commission. It sounds nice but here is the break down:

You are working 9+ hours a day Mon-Fri and 4 hours on every other Saturday

You are on-call 24/7

You will put in about 47.5-51.5 hours weekly AT LEAST, which gives you roughly $14.00/hr

They pride themselves on "dedication", which means staying additional hours each day; It is not uncommon to work in office 60+ hours a week

There are 23 weeks of training, only after which you will MAYBE start to get your commission (that can take up to one year to get)

You need to be highly adept at cold-calling (randomly calling businesses) and selling yourself

Quotas may be hard to achieve and you will not make your commission

Aside from this, I feel the manager at the Miami office was very condescending. He listened to talk, asked me the same question three times and was judgmental when given responses to certain questions, which I feel were, at times, inappropriate. He asked me why I thought I wouldn't separate from my spouse in one year from now, which was way too personal, IMO. I have an extensive connection with the military. As an Army brat and Army spouse, I know enough to see right through him even though I've never been a service member myself. I can guarantee he doesn't have as successful a background in the Army as he puts off. Might work with all the civilians with no affiliation but I know better.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

3-4 interviews and a test to qualify. Interviews were pretty straightforward and quick. I didn't think I got the job because my last interview with the manager only lasted about 10 minutes. 1 week later I got the job offer. I later found out that he was on the fence about me but because I kept calling and asking for an update they decided to offer me.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose between apples, fish, and baked goods which commodity would you choose to transport and why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

First met a recruiter, scheduled a phone interview where they were really nice, and then the first in person interview. Took a geography quiz, nice interview, scheduled a final one. Final interviewer used scare tactics from the 80s to test my reaction to being uncomfortable. He was so rude and said I had a day to respond to the offer and said I didn't have the personality for the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could be a doctor, stock broker, or a social worker, which one would you be and why?   1 Answer
    • Where do we rank in the places you've interviewed with so far and why?   1 Answer
    • What do the other places you are looking to work have to offer you?   1 Answer
    • What hesitations do you have about the position?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a back bone? I don't really see it.   2 Answers

The final interview was the ONLY aggressive one. I didn't appreciate the misleading cute and cuddly first stages of the process. They gave me one day to decide on my offer and treated me like a crazy person for wanting time to deliberate.