Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

First met a recruiter, scheduled a phone interview where they were really nice, and then the first in person interview. Took a geography quiz, nice interview, scheduled a final one. Final interviewer used scare tactics from the 80s to test my reaction to being uncomfortable. He was so rude and said I had a day to respond to the offer and said I didn't have the personality for the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could be a doctor, stock broker, or a social worker, which one would you be and why?   1 Answer
  • Where do we rank in the places you've interviewed with so far and why?   1 Answer
  • What do the other places you are looking to work have to offer you?   1 Answer
  • What hesitations do you have about the position?   Answer Question
  • Do you have a back bone? I don't really see it.   1 Answer

The final interview was the ONLY aggressive one. I didn't appreciate the misleading cute and cuddly first stages of the process. They gave me one day to decide on my offer and treated me like a crazy person for wanting time to deliberate.

Other Interview Reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2016.

Interview

Several step process. There were three total interviews that I went through. Very straightforward interviews so I would not worry about anything! TQL has a LOT of really great people so it's extremely easy just to relax and be conversational.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

1. Screen
    2. Phone interview
    3. In person with recruiter + assessments
    4. In person with managers

Just be confident with yourself and really show them you're strengths. Sounded like a great opportunity. Three months of no commissions isn't the end of the world.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

Process started with an online application then a phone call or email to arrange a phone interview. After the phone interview had an in-person interview at the local office that went well. I scored extremely highly on the test they have you take which is mostly based on State abbreviations, time zones, and company history. Was quickly invited back for the 3rd round of the interview; shadow a couple of LAE's and meet with the sales manager. Also was asked to do an assignment to bring with me pertaining to finding manufactures, distributors, and carriers which they take and keep and most likely hand to one of their employees as leads. Shadowing was brief but I understood the job and what a day is like, knew it was something I would be very good at based on my experience in sales. Was surprised to get an email afterwards saying they are going with more qualified applicants although I don't think that was the actual reason as I have years of successful sales in more demanding roles as this. Process started smooth, recruiter was very prompt. The 2nd and 3rd interview were essentially all of the same questions so you know not a lot of collaboration is happening with management. Seems they are looking for inexperienced sales people so they have no experience to compare TQL with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with multiple people in various departments and levels. Including Phone interview, Skype interview, and in person interview. It was has arranging the different interviews with my current work schedule

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Two total interviews. First was with a recruiter and the second one was with the supervisor and site manager. I feel like they wanted someone specific. They didn't even call me back to decline me they sent a email.

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

They bring you in and show you the place and then they ask you why you want to work there. It's pretty basic. Just say that all you care about is making money and you will never give up and that you have lots of experience in sales and you love it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Do not be fooled by this place. I went against my gut applying for this company after reading some of the reviews, but they were absolutely correct. I applied for this company in Orlando, Fl for an LAET position. I currently work in a sales role and completely exceed my sales goals. The first interview with the recruiter went very well, once we actually had our phone interview. The recruiter forgot about the first scheduled interview and for the second she pushed it back again to another date which should have been a red flag as it was very unprofessional. The next interview was over HireVue which is like Skype since I was going to be relocating to the area. That interview went very well and she told me that there shouldn't be any problems or concerns as to why I wouldn't get the position. Finally I was scheduled for a third interview in which I had to go to the local TQL office to shadow. The place was very large and there were only a few actual LAEs. I was told to bring an assignment of logistics carriers and product manufactures a pretty decent size list of companies. Once I was scheduled to have my interview with the hiring manager in Orlando I was set up on HireVue at the local office and the interviewer was not in fact the hiring manager who was listed in the email. He came off as somewhat rude or harsh, but I did a great interview. A week later I received an email that I did not get the position which is fine, but I know that everything they were looking for I greatly exceeded expectations. I'm honestly upset with the fact that I believe that this company goes through this process with a great number of applicants and do not really have positions to fill. Like I stated before there is an assignment to complete that basically acts as leads for the LAEs. The get people to interview and have them do the work for them. It's actually kind of a scam!

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do outside of work? If we weren't to hire you what do you think our concerns would be? How do you handle rejection.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by video interview. Phone interview was straight forward. Video interview has more vague and in my opinion strange questions. Interviewer seemed distracted and a bit uninterested. I scored a 97 on the pre test and did well during the interview but was not offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Where does your motivation stem from?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter during a brief phone interview. Was invited to come to the office to interview in person with the recruiter, met with two other experienced account executives, and took a test on states, time zones, and company knowledge. Was invited to the final interview on video chat with hiring manager at desired office location. The final Interview was more interrogating in my opinion, but went well besides that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into sales instead of a role in IT?   1 Answer