Total Wine & More Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Total Wine & More Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Jensen Beach, FL).

Interview

Interview is fairly simple. More like tell me about you personality, not your experience and what you can bring to the table. They basically want to see if you would fit in with their unfair system and deal with the daily drama.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Total Wine & More

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, I got a call a couple weeks later and set up an interview for the following Tuesday. The interview actually took over an hour. It was relaxed, for informative and more conversational. I walked into the store and went into the "Wine & Beer Tasting" Room where my interview was held. The interviewer was the assistant manager, he was nice and easy to talk to. After my interview was over he had me take the personality test. Upon grading my test he said I passed and offered me a job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an irate customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Claymont, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Claymont, DE) in July 2016.

Interview

Had a short (fifteen minute) interview with the hiring manager. Interviewer was very nice and while the store seemed busy she really payed attention in the interview.

Afterwords I took a personality questionnaire. I received an offer the next day. Applied for a background check and went for a drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell your favorite liquor?   Answer Question
    • If there are no customers, and nothing to do at the register, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a conflict you've had with a customer in the past.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Total Wine?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with policies or rules you don't agree with?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview

There were a series of questions regarding my previous employment. The interview did not start right away. I had to wait for about a half an hour. The store seemed busy at the moment. Anyway, The person who interviewed me seemed like a pretty cool dude. He asked some general questions about where I worked previously and how can I contribute to the team. Took an assessment after the interview. That was pretty much my interview. It went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. Interviewer asked a series of questions. Tells a little bit about the job. Asked if you can work holidays. Does not let you know during the holiday season you will be forced to work over 40 hours even if part time. Make promises about giving hours when in fact their is lack of hours.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

One in one interview. Was very straight forward and not anything to say. Anyone can get a job there but I don't recommend it. Still don't recommend it. What can I say?????????

Negotiation

Wasn't hard at all. Anyone can get a job ther but don't recommend it.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Filled out application in the store. One interview and started hiring process that same day. They were looking for warm bodies. The interview was not done in any depth. Very cursory and didn't want to know about past experience. I was sent for a drug test and was hired two days later.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. There were very few questions that were new or different. There were no questions about future goals which was surprising. Apparently the interviewer was not interested in where I wanted to be in a year. Interviewer seemed to think I had no ambition for anything more.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked about what I expected for pay. I told the interviewer. I was never told what I was going to be making. I asked several times and didn't find out until my first paycheck.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Brief, if they like you, they ask you to take a personality profile test. I had to keep calling to see when I would start. They were slow to respond because they were trying to get the new store ready for merchandise. I negotiated $10/hr, she said $9.25, I said $9.75, she said $9.50. I accepted. She still only gave me $9.25. When I tried to get it corrected, they said they had no record of the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More in June 2011.

Interview

They will sit you down in a room with the manager that is interviewing you, and will ask you several different questions, i.e. describe a situation in which you disagreed with a manager and how you remedied that, what are your greatest skills, etc. They will also have you take a personality test to see if you are high or low risk for the job. You have to be diligent about calling them back once they have made you an offer. Their processes are very drawn out.

Interview Questions

• There's not much out of the ordinary when it comes to the interview process. It's your typical run of the mill questions.   Answer Question