Total Wine & More Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.4

148 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Buying Assistant Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview

30 minute phone interview, was asked to come in for an in-person interview for two hours with four team members. Very pleasant, rather easygoing experience. Nothing too out of the ordinary was asked.

Store Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for "Store Management" which I thought would be a store manager position. During the phone interview, I was told that the store manager position was filled, and I was interviewing for an assistant manager position. I had a very professional phone interview and was sent an assessment via email to take. The next day after taking the assessment, I received an email for a face to face interview in an area store. The store manager of the store interviewed me since the DM was called away on other business that day. The interview consisted of walking the store and the manager telling me how the store was merchandised and the structure of the company. Near the end of the interview, he asked me if I could lift 50 pound wine cases and climb up a ladder to fill the overhead counters. I told him that I could not. He then said that my interview process was over then and there. He said that the store structure required all management to complete all the heavy tasks and allow the associates to stay on the floor.

Residential Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hallsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Hallsville, TX).

Interview

Invited to the Heartlight campus to experience 'day in the life'. It is nice to meet the staff and experience a little bit of what it is like. Dress comfortably.

Interview Questions

• Honestly can't remember any specific questions. They will probably ask about your past experience working with kids and why you want to work at HL.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (South Florida, FL).

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter. After a Positive conversation for about 30-40 minutes I was asked to take an online assessment. A few days later I received another call from same recruiter about my next step. My next interview was supposed to be with a DM, but the interview was moved twice and ended up being a phone interview instead. All went well, but then I was called by a Regional HR, an interview that was about 30 minutes and had a surprisingly negative feel/vibe with questions geared around sales, results, operations (things that are part of my everyday routine I strive in). She seemed very disinterested and spoke negatively about how antiquated their systems are, and how much manual labor there is (again, two things I deal with). After making a strong case for my qualifications she seemed to be convinced and said the next step would be going to a store for a meeting with a Store Manager.
    When I got to the store (15 minutes early) I approached the store manager and said I was there for our meeting/interview. He claimed I was a day early for the interview (which I wasn't) and was obviously angry he had to take time. He asked me for my Resume, quickly read the top and said "Ha, another one from this place". The interview was basically walking every aisle and getting a hands-on explanation of what the job entails, merchandising etc. I have been in a Regional role for over 3 years, and felt like the Store Manager was talking down to me, making a case on how difficult the job is.
    Regardless, I was very excited and felt I went through the entire interview process. But I never received a call back after visiting the store. I called the Recruiter and left two messages and she never returned my call. Strange, I guess I'm over qualified.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

On the phone interview, resulted in assessment sent. Took assessment, no call back after multiple attempts to reach HR contact. Would have appreciated a 'thanks but no thanks response'. It is disheartening to hear nothing one way or another.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Jensen Beach, FL).

Interview

Interview is fairly simple. More like tell me about you personality, not your experience and what you can bring to the table. They basically want to see if you would fit in with their unfair system and deal with the daily drama.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews with many in a row on the final day. Some interviews were solely about culture and fit, while others were very technical. Prepare a wide variety of specific examples.

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a very nice a professional recruiter that conducted a phone screen. I was set up with an in person interview with the local District Manager that was conducted in store. The DM was polite enough, but his interview style was confrontational and he seemed very impatient with my answers. Not sure what was going on there but it left me with a very negative impression of the organization. Although to be fair it was only the one person that caused this. The recruiting team really seems to care about finding solid talent and are very helpful.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online Jan 1st. Was contacted via email about 3 weeks later, saying that the original position I applied for was filled, but that they now had another opening. Got an interview that Tuesday with the Hiring manager. A second and third interview, as well as a tour, the next day. Got an offer at the end of tour.

Everyone was friendly, and even joking around (not too much). Each manager read off of a sheet with questions made by corporate. They were scenario questions, and basically they would ask, you would answer, and kinda tell you if your answer sounded good to them. The hiring manager kinda gets a few questions out of the way that really get to your availability and if you're right for the company, but otherwise easy questions. The department manager does a bit of talking to describe the job specifically, and asks fewer questions. Really friendly guy. Then finally, one of the store managers asked a few questions, mostly scenario questions that pertain to general customer service experiences. Afterwards, someone, from what would be my department, gave me a tour of the store and backroom areas. He was friendly and introduced me to the other employees. Of everyone, only a few wine associates were closed off.

I am now awaiting an email to do my paperwork, but that's pretty much all of it.

Interview Questions

• You have a guest asking for help with a Chablis, but you hear in an aisle next to you a bottle crash down, what do you do? (Keeping in mind that you do have a walkie)   1 Answer
    • Bonus question, meaning not important: Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (West Hartford, CT).

Interview

Was at a hotel right away the store managers attitude seemed military like and rude. Was spectical about working for them but needed a job. Made a bad choice.