Total Wine & More Holiday Support/Wine Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Total Wine & More Holiday Support/Wine Merchandiser Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Holiday Support/Wine Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Charleston, SC) in November 2011.

Interview

I came in armed with a fair amount of knowledge of the wine industry. It is a highly specialized business, and if you do not have any sommelier or vinification training, a person can plateau in knowledge. I was asked the standard "what would you bring to the job" questions and the "tell me what happened in this scenario" . Then the standard personality tests; you know the ones, when the same question is asked seven different ways to ensure consistency. I was offered two aptitude tests in wine knowledge..one novice (which still had some teeth to it), and an expert wine knowledge test (I've been around wine for twelve years, and there were some items on there that I hadn't a clue). I was not able to formally say good-bye because someone else came in behind me, but that's okay. It's only been three business days, so I'm still hanging around.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a bad experience with a customer?   1 Answer