Total Wine & More Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

1.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day by. Over the phone I was asked a few questions - had I worked in liquor or wine sales before, do I know how to operate a register, can I climb up and down a ladder carrying 50lbs, etc.

I was asked to come in the following day to fill out a personality assesment and background check. I've done quite a few of the personaility tests online and have never filled out a paper version. It was kind of odd to sit in a classroom setting and take a scantron version of it.

Three weeks later I was contacted and asked asked to come in for a formal interview. Many basic questions were asked about situations I've encountered in previous positions and how I responded (there was a lot of focus on the negative - 'Have you ever made a mistake at work?' 'How could you have improved your performance in your last position?') The only thing that disappointed me was that over the phone I had specified that I was looking for a full-time position. The manager hadn't said anything against it, but this manager told me they never start new hires at full-time. At the end of the interview I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever wittnessed an employee doing something dishonest?   Answer Question

Negotiation

All new hires start at $9 - no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. Interviewer asked a series of questions. Tells a little bit about the job. Asked if you can work holidays. Does not let you know during the holiday season you will be forced to work over 40 hours even if part time. Make promises about giving hours when in fact their is lack of hours.

Interview Questions