Total Wine & More Wine Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Total Wine & More Wine Associate Interview Questions

2.4

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Bellevue, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Standardized testing, drug test and other standard interview questions. Interviewer was casual but professional.

Questions also included availability to work and ability to lift and carry store products. I had actually applied online before, with no success, until I came in in person and sold myself to the store manager. It was the interview, before the interview.

Interview took about an hour, and then started about two weeks later, after the background check and drug test results.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of wine and spirits
    Availability   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Total Wine & More

Wine Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview

My interview was very job specific. There were many situational scenarios and a test to evaluate my wine knowledge. Was given a tour of the store and provided an overview of what was expected of me. Overall a positive experience.

Wine Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Total Wine & More in June 2016.

Interview

Met with the GM for about 25 minutes. General retail experience questions and she went over what they're looking for and explained that they are really focusing on great service. Then I filled out a personality questionnaire. I received a call two days later inviting me to join the team as a wine associate. (I had applied for a cashier position) Was offered $10.25. The lower end of Wine Associate, but considering I don't really have experience I'm pretty happy with it.

Wine Associate Interview

Interview

Basic questions about customer service and wine knowledge. Some talk about climbing ladders and lifting cases of wine and previous sales experience. Need to write at least 30 words even if you don't have more to say.

Interview Questions

• 5 varieties in red Bordeaux   1 Answer

Wine Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview

Streamlined and convenient, they were able to manage a Skype interview for me as i was out of town. They got back to me within a week, overall had great communication and were very nice

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a chance you had to make a customers experience great when they were otherwise unhappy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews; one with Human Resources then another with wine supervisor. With HR it was like a normal interview; work experience, skills, questions. Wine Supervisor Interview was specifically on wine, my knowledge about wine and what I liked, also reviewing a wine test that I took days before. Wine Supervisor recommended me for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pike Creek, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Pike Creek, DE) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process wasn't that bad, they asked simple questions which took about 6 mins in total.
    They basically asked 7 questions that was on a sheet of paper so make sure you tell them what they want to hear so they can write it down.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Came in took some test on customer service talked to manager took a test then a mock sales presentation. Took another wine knowledge test very tough. They do not expect you to know all the answers. Then hired as long as you pass background and drug test. The manager seemed to know what he was looking for and he definitely believes in the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of Wines   1 Answer

Wine Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview

Hiring takes a very long time so don't be discouraged. There is an interview with standard questions.There will be a written wine test. There is a personality test, drug test, and wine test. I felt like these tests didn't take place until they got the go ahead to hire. Then, as long as these tests are passed you will be hired. I felt like they wouldn't of bothered with testing if the interview didn't go well.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions. Know how to answer things like 1. Tell me about a difficult position you've had at work...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get your initial offer as high as you can (be steadfast) because after that raises happen yearly but are miniscule.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

professional one on one met with two managers. Simple questions, they tried to sell me more on how great it was to work there, then they actually interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Very basic. I did take a wine knowledge test.   1 Answer