Tower Federal Credit Union Product Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tower Federal Credit Union

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Product Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tower Federal Credit Union (Laurel, MD) in June 2010.

Interview

My initial on-site interview was supposed to be with the HR person only. When I got there, i was asked to take a 15-minute assessment of 50 questions--they were grammar, math and logic questions. I completed 48, which I was told was FAR more than others typically do

I spoke with the HR person and was then informed that the hiring manager was available to see me. I was taken to a computer to take another assessment--honesty, drug use, those kinds of opinions--and then waited about 20 minutes before the hiring manager came to get me. She commented on the length of my last name, then asked pretty basic questions. She interrupted one of my answers to ask me if I ever thought I talked too much and, if I did, what triggers I used to stop myself. I was pretty shocked, and I responded (after some silence) that since this was a job interview, I had a limited amount of time to "sell" myself to her, so I was probably talking more than I might in another circumstance.

The hiring manager told me she wanted me to come back to meet with her staff and also told me she had another candidate who was "perfect on paper." Two weeks went by before HR called to schedule the second inteview--and then called me back an hour later to cancel because the time she set up didn't work for the team. THREE WEEKS went by before I met with the rest of the staff, who clearly were looking to the hiring manager for guidance about what to ask and how to answer my questions. Then, ANOTHER three weeks went by without any contact, despite my writing thank you notes and calling to check in about the status of the job. It was another week--from 22 June to 22July--for me to finally be told "that position has been filled." And they didn't contact me to tell me they chose another candidate. I had to chase down the HR person, who acted suprised that I would want to know what happened.

While the job would not have been a good fit for me, that they were so unprofessional in their recruiting would cause me to discourage anyone who wasn't absolutely desperate for ANY work from even applying there.

Interview Questions

• The only "unexpected" question was "Do you think you talk too much, and if you do, what triggers do you have in place to stop yourself?"   1 Answer