Tower Group (New York) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tower Group (New York) Interview Questions

2.5

Rotation Program Interview

Interview

Just very short phone screen. After knowing that I need H1B, then stop. No feedback at all.

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tower Group (New York).

Interview

The person who interviewed me (and others I witnessed after I was hired, having been asked to sit-in on the candidate interview for an open position) was extremely biased against certain classes and types of individuals (gays and African Americans, for example), and wouldn't hire people within these areas. In a debriefing after a particular gay candidate was interviewed (on which I sat in), the lead person who was responsible for the interviewing and hiring made blatantly prejudicial comments about the persons persuasion, and said point-blank that this person was not getting the position because he was gay. I also witnessed a situation where an older person did not get teh position over a younger individual, although that older person was more qualified. I was told later on that the hiring executive did not hire the person because "he was too old". I was floored!

Interview Questions

• How far away do you live from the office?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Give and take. They offered, I countered, and we met in teh middle.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tower Group (New York).

Interview

Applied, got a called in for an interview. It was a long wait in the waiting room, then a short Q/A

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tower Group (New York) (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Received a call from HR who scheduled the interview. Met with executive level personnel. The questions were pretty straight forward and were more about inquiring about my personality and whether it would be a good fit. Not too many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Areas of improvement your current manager would point out   Answer Question

Negotiation

I initially advised them of the salary range I was looking for. Their offer came below it and I was able to negotiate within my salary range (with in reason).
    Advice: when negotiating be prepared to discuss comparables and how your skill sets should be reflected in the salary range

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tower Group (New York) in August 2012.

Interview

Recruiter was very professional and had excellent follow up. One phone interview and one full day of interviewing.

Office Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tower Group (New York) (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Standard interview for an entry level position. They basically want to make sure you are responsible and are going to show up for work every day. No drug test or anything like that. You need to show that you are able to sort and process a large volume of documents.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not in a position to negotiate, so I just took the first offer.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tower Group (New York) in February 2011.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. Standard interview questions.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tower Group (New York) (Irvine, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

First, a phone interview conducted by HR - basic questions, In person interview with hiring manager - mostly behavioral questions, although this is up to the manager as there is no requirement for types of interview questions, lastly phone interview with manager in Buffalo, NY office - basic questions.

Interview Questions

• You're making me breakfast, describe to me how you would make breakfast.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, negotiation as I was unemployed at the time. Took what I got.

Lead Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tower Group (New York) (Buffalo, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

standard interview with human resources , once with the VP of operations then there was a interview with the department manager and the department supervisor

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tower Group (New York) in June 2011.

Interview

it was more on the technical side. After that it was about fit with company.