Tower Research Capital LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.2

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was well organized and fast. Gave a program to write at home as a preliminary screening. Half a day, three people in turn, in a conference room. People were friendly, likable. The general impression was very positive.

Interview Questions

• A program to write at home as a preliminary screening. Algorithms, design questions, job experience.   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through on-campus career affair. First a coding challenge with 16 coding problems in 2 hours, only two of them are easy-level probably. then after a week they gave me an on-campus interview. Failed that interview.

Interview Questions

• Coding challenge is quite hard. Even no time to read many of the problems. In the face-to-face interview, asked my how to sample data from uniformly distributed circle and prove the validity of you sampling method. Some brain teasers, some topics about machine learning.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Firstly, I finished a two hours online coding challenge with 16 problems. Then, there are two phone interviews, each one hour. The first one mainly is about my resume, he asked a lot on my C++ projects, he also asked one coding problem. The second person asked one coding problem and some questions on data structures, especially hashmap and treemap.

Interview Questions

• 1. void removeChar(char* message, char * filter) -> remove every character in message in place that appears in the filter.
      2. implement dot product.
      Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online on their website. Recruiter sent me an email asking for phone interview availability. Spoke with the recruiter for 30 minutes, she asked me what I know about Tower, the role, then asked couple behavioral questions. Was invited for onsite interview and met with the team for about 30 minutes each. Came back again afterwards to meet with the head of the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this role?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I went through a recruiter, but the interview process was quickly token over by Tower's own HR staff, which handled the process professionally and responsively. First 3-hr onsite test, then two technical phone interviews, finally on site. People are nice, smart, and knowledgeable. Questions seem to be given based on the level of experience (as stated in the resume). They went pretty deep on languages and skills. Big emphasis on code and algo efficiency.

Interview Questions

• Many data structure, algo and C++ questions. The on-site includes writing code, compile and test on Linux.   Answer Question

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

After a coding challenge and a phone screen, I went for an on-site interview. They paid for everything. The interview process was very positive. All the interviewers were smart, knowledgeable and respectful. Unfortunately, it was my first interview ever and I was terribly unprepared. I would advice people to know algorithms well and make sure you don't add anything to your resume you don't know well.

Interview Questions

• If you generate n points at random locations on a circumference, what's the probability that all of the points will lie on the same semi-circle   2 Answers

Helpdesk Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to setup an HR phone screen, after the phone screen I had an hour long technical phone interview with the department manager, then a six hour in person interview. I had about 2 hours to do a skills test then was interviewed about 4 separate times by individual people over the course of the next 3 or 4 hours.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC (New York, NY).

Interview

Two technical phone screens, including questions and background. Lengthy, full-day interview. Met with ~7 people, each for an hour. Interviewed with infrastructure, systems, and several trading teams. Ate lunch with a cross-section of the company, including the founders.

They handled all logistics for airfare and hotels, and generally treated candidates very well. Spent two nights in a hotel within walking distance of the office, which was really great.

Systems Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC.

Interview

Was interviewed via phone for a screening process, I guess they didn't like my replies or found someone more qualified because I didn't get an offer. I applied online and they set up the phone interview 2 weeks after submitting my resume. Seemed like a great company, too bad it didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?
      Tell us about a project you did from start to finish.
      Tell us about when you started working with technology
      What do you know about our company?
      Answer Question

Culture Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The process started very professionally with great scheduling, appropriate questions and in-person meetings with a variety of staff. It ended rather abruptly and bluntly when they emailed to ask for my current salary. It seemed like they were interviewing me just to find out what I make, not because they thought I was a valuable candidate.