Tower Research Capital LLC Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tower Research Capital LLC Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through on-campus career affair. First a coding challenge with 16 coding problems in 2 hours, only two of them are easy-level probably. then after a week they gave me an on-campus interview. Failed that interview.

Interview Questions

• Coding challenge is quite hard. Even no time to read many of the problems. In the face-to-face interview, asked my how to sample data from uniformly distributed circle and prove the validity of you sampling method. Some brain teasers, some topics about machine learning.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tower Research Capital LLC

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC (New York, NY).

Interview

Two technical phone screens, including questions and background. Lengthy, full-day interview. Met with ~7 people, each for an hour. Interviewed with infrastructure, systems, and several trading teams. Ate lunch with a cross-section of the company, including the founders.

They handled all logistics for airfare and hotels, and generally treated candidates very well. Spent two nights in a hotel within walking distance of the office, which was really great.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

After phone screening I was invited to face-to-face interview. Standard probability and stats questions, some brainteasers taken verbatim from popular books and some basic C++ questions. All the questions were reasonable, the interviewers wanted to finish things quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Approached by their HR via email, sent in resume. Phone call with a team's head trader, I wasn't sure it was a good fit, but I got all his questions and he was quite positive so I went onsite anyway. First 1.5 hour test, 7 questions on algorithms and brainteasers, tough time limit but a bit easier than tests at other such places. An engineer went over my answers and liked some unusual solutions I had. Lunch with HR, then met a team member with 3 coding/algorithm questions. I got one but failed the other two and was sent home immediately, before meeting the boss. Nobody said a word about my background or past work; they had my resume in hand but probably didn't even know my name. Nice place and friendly people, but this team was all fresh-grad software engineers and didn't know what to do with an experienced quant, which was my sense all along.

Interview Questions

• Determine if a tree is symmetric,
      Find loops in a linked list and find their lengths,
      Knapsack problem with dynamic programming
      Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC.

Interview

Applied online phone interview

Interview Questions

• If you have 1000coins on the table with 20heads and 980 tails. You can flip them. How do you separate them into two pils so that they have same number of heads?   2 Answers

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC.

Interview

Got an interview by campus recruiting

Interview Questions

• You are given two eggs, and access to a 100-storey building. Both eggs are identical. The aim is to find out the highest floor from which an egg will not break when dropped out of a window from that floor. If an egg is dropped and does not break, it is undamaged and can be dropped again. However, once an egg is broken, that’s it for that egg.

If an egg breaks when dropped from floor n, then it would also have broken from any floor above that. If an egg survives a fall, then it will survive any fall shorter than that.

The question is: What strategy should you adopt to minimize the number egg drops it takes to find the solution?. (And what is the worst case for the number of drops it will take?)
      3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tower Research Capital LLC (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Submitted through the campus system, got the phone interview. They flew me to new york office right after that. The 1st round phone interview consist a bunch of behavior questions and 3 easy brainteaser/algorithm questions. During the onsite interview I was asked to finish the paper-based test first (math/coding, not hard, easier than the Credit Suisse test), I talked with 4-5 people after that. The company is awesome and the interviewers are really nice. God the offer finally but declined because of another offer.

Application

Interview

First round phone interview, all the questions are about programming and algorithm.

Interview Questions

• Design a search algorithm for a specific problem they give and try to achieve the best efficiency.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

I started with on campus interview and did two more phone interviews. They are mostly brain teaser type questions and algorithms. The firm is only a small group of people so it is quite competitive. Very casual atmosphere. It seems most people in this firm have quantitative background, especially computer science.

Interview Questions

• What is the number of ways to reach n-th step of a stair if one can jump up either 1 step or 2 steps?   3 Answers