Town Shoes Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Town Shoes Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Town Shoes (Kanata, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy. It was a group interview, interviewer was friendly. She talked about the store and the company background. Asked for references though so have them prepared. I was not. Interviewer said that she was going to call the people that she liked most, I guess I was not liked.

Interview Questions

Town Shoes Response

May 15, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience.
Glad to hear that the interviewer was friendly and knowledgeable.
Please stay tuned to other career opportunities at... More

Other Interview Reviews for Town Shoes

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Town Shoes (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

It was fairly easy, I had a interview with a nice manager that wanted to know my past sales experiences and actually speak about events (I've worked shoes before so it was easy) Second interview they wanted to get to know me my interests and my personality

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Town Shoes.

Interview

The whole interview process took about one week. I went through two interview and the first one was done by an assistant manager and the second was held by store manager. Very Standard interview process and entire hiring process went super fast actually.

Interview Questions

Town Shoes Response

Apr 17, 2015 – HR Manager

welcome to the team!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Town Shoes.

Interview

Applied online, got an interview the next day and offered the job on the spot. Although, I did get recommended by a friend who worked there and that is most likely why I got the interview so quickly. At the time they had many people leaving so they needed to hire multiple part timers very quickly.

I did not have any previous job experience but many volunteering experiences (co-op, hospital, daycare) and used that to answer many of the questions.

It is very important to dress well! Look fashionable when handing in your resume and for the interview!

If you are applying in person, do not go with your friends, family, etc. Walk in alone, be confident and outgoing, and hand in your resume. You don't have to give it to the manager, if the employee you hand it to likes you they will recommend you to them. (Either way, it goes in a box in the stock room with the rest of the resume's handed in.) This will be based on your attitude and fashion sense for the most part. They will absolutely NOT be interested if you appear shy or quiet.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All based on fashion, client satisfaction, retail, and other basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked if I would accept the option of making commission or not.

Sep 12, 2014 – HR Manager

thanks for sharing your interview experience with TSL, we're excited to see that you accepted the offer and are now a part of our team...welcome!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Town Shoes.

Interview

Very easy, asked all the regular interview questions. Why do you want to work here, why should we hire you, explain a past scenerio where there was an issue and you resolved it and how did you overcome that issue, tell me something about youself and what is your expected wages. Then we talked about music and other things we had in common.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Town Shoes (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

applied online and brought in for a short 20 minute interview before getting the job on the spot. was then brought in for a group training event that lasted an entire day, before being sent to headquarters for another all day training event with all the staff. At this point, there was in store training for a week prior to store opening.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about DSW?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Town Shoes in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online through their career site, and got a phone call a couple weeks later asking me to go in for an interview. They were very unclear about where to meet, so although I arrived 20 minutes early, I waited at the wrong place and ended up being 10 minutes late. It was a group interview, which I wasn't told it would be. All the questions were fairly straightforward, "tell me about yourself", "talk about previous experience", etc. Since the questions were so generic, if you were not the first person to answer, then you ended up just repeating the same thing everyone else had said.
    What bothered me was that there were people there with lots of retail experience, one guy with over 3 years retail experience selling phones with rogers, and I had no experience whatsoever, so it was pretty clear I was under qualified and wasn't going to get the job.
    The last thing they asked was to choose a shoe from the store and try to sell it. That wasn't too hard, but it helps to be really prepared, since essentially that's what your job would be, and proving you can do it well is really good.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Town Shoes in June 2013.

Interview

I was asked if I thought people would respond positively to my presence, If I would be able to handle working in high pressure situations and upset customers. Also what would be appropriate responses to difficult customers.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a customer that is still unhappy with what I can offer.   Answer Question

Sep 12, 2014 – HR Manager

thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our interview process, we're thrilled that you accepted the offer...welcome to the team!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Town Shoes (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

1. Apply Online with a personality quiz
    2. In-person interview was done from specific questions based on my online quiz-type application.
    3. Asked to accept job at the end of the interview

I assume they already know their choice before the interview they just want to meet you to make sure. They are based heavily in appearance of their staff so this would be important to them I'm sure.

Interview Questions

• Would you be okay cleaning while you work?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Town Shoes (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Walked in with a resume in hand but was asked to apply online. I recommend going in anyways, even though they'll ask you to apply online - it's good to put a face to the name.
    Went through online testing asking basic questions testing personality results - my advice about this section is to be honest! They're not looking for person who answers all the questions perfectly, they've actually made all the current staff take the quiz so they can find others with similar values to the staff they have already. :)
    The interview was quite simple, asked a few basic questions about past work experiences and a lot about customer service. Town Shoes is all about excellent customer service so try to think of a few experiences when you've delivered that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?
      Describe a time when you've gone above and beyond for a client or manager?   Answer Question