Town Sports International Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Town Sports International Holdings Interview Questions

Interviews at Town Sports International Holdings

2.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings.

Interview

Phone interview, ask basic behavioral questions and availability. Pretty easy overall, just need to be normal and professional. Ask basic info about you and questions which show whether you can handle the job or not.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings.

Interview

STAR Method - I was asked specific questions about my past experience within the organization, why I stayed in the same role for more than 3 years, and how i will be able to balance my exposure and need to protect the organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when sensitive information was shared with you and then you were pried for details by confidants.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

I was invited to their NYSC club after initial phone screen. The ad clearly said it was for "Sales Manager" and I wasn't told anything different on the phone. After conversing about my background they said the job is really for a MEMBERSHIP CONSULTANT, you work your way up and may also be in a different location than the ad said!! I found this MISLEADING, unprofessional, lame, disturbing, disappointing, and a total waste of my time! They also said you start at minimum wage + bonuses, which the latter is also based on total performance of that club.

Advice: don't waste your time if you expect to be applying for and are already qualified as a Sales Manager! They should also clarify the position over the phone before they have you come to their office. Also, during the interview they should describe the job first and then ask if you have any more questions!

PS I don't know if I got the job but I wouldn't take it!

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experience? Why would you be an asset? Do you have any questions???   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Behavioral Interview process. I was asked to go meet with another manager on the same day and was hired on the spot, Guy looked liked Richie Cunningham from Happy Days, Poor guy is in over his head. I was more qualified then he,

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

Online application. Responded within 72 hrs. The staff was great.. The manager at the time was very shady with memberships. Asked us to convince people to sign up and cancel within 30days to increase sales.

Membership Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Was asked about my sales history.. if i was comfortable with canvassing/prospecting in the neighborhood. I met the GM and another membership consultant.
    I was never walked around to see the gym.
    I was told that there is room for growth in the company. (its because people quit left and right)

Interview Questions

• How would you bring new clients in?   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Firstly, the area manager called to find out what kind of training I do, how many hours I want to work and what my financial goals are. Then there was an interview with Lead trainer & a second interview with Lead trainer and area manager together.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was greeted at the front desk and lead to a room where I was interviewed by the fitness manager. He was kind, to the point, and laid out the expectations for the position. I was asked a series of questions and told there would be a practical piece if I was selected for the next round. Upon being selected, I was required to do a role play situation where I had to bring a client through an interview and prepare a workout based off of the information given to me.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you set goals for someone other than yourself and what was the result.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings.

Interview

it was like a regular conversation. it went smoothly. asked simple questions and trying to get to know me and what was put on my resume. after interview mandatory references must be given to be hired.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was an hour late and the interview was about 5 minutes long. It was very easy, asked me the basic questions one would ask you on an interview