Town Sports International Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Town Sports International Holdings

2.1

Sort:

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings in May 2015.

Interview

Easy they explained about the company and what they do. Then asked a few basic interview questions. However if you manage to get to the interview process and you say all the right things you are most likely going to get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (Carmel, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

The managers of the gym don't call you for an interview, the sales people do. I came in for my interview with the regional director of operations, the general manager of the gym, AND the regional sales director. It was a very good interview. What they did different was they had me roleplay which no other interview for a sales position has had me do. These people are not in their positions anymore so the hiring process is a bit different and only conducted by the general manager.

Interview Questions

• Role playing. They threw me a curve ball with that one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can't negotiate anything. You start at $12/hr during a training period and earn NO commission. Then you get docked down to a $6/hr pay plus commission.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Called in; did a quick interview; got the job. Basic stuff. Ask if you're willing to MAKE MONEY. It's all a lie.

Negotiation

NO negotation. 6/hr + commission take it or leave it

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings.

Interview

There was pretty much no interview process. I met with the District Manager and i got hired. Was as easy as it gets. They pretty much hire anyone

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings in May 2012.

Interview

Three interviews and then sales academy for a month with no commissions made on sales completed. Two of the three interviews were with two interviewers simultaneously.Demonstration of how you would sell is used to determine your entrance into the sales academy.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult but depending on who you were interviewed by, they're already looking for certain answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (Nanuet, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Asked about my work history and my sales experience. Dress business casual no matter the position.Interviewers are friendly and do not ask any random questions, very straight forward for the position requirements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within the a week.
    (I'm certified as a NASM Trainer and i'm an Honers Graduate of business/finance/sales, so bear that in mind when reading this please).

We had a phone interview which lasted 5 minutes and the interviewer was duller than a fifth grader.
    Then they emailed me to interview at a fitness location with a manager.
    The interview lasted about half an hour to which the manager was late but not courteous.

The questions asked where basic/standard interview questions. The biggest problems i had was that a manager couldn't answer my questions in full sentences and kept stumbling thats when I realized i'm not going to work for this group of low IQ individuals.

He told me he will contact me if Im selected. I told him you wont show me around the location? He apologized and did so.

Two days later I received a call saying i got the job and that an offer will be emailed to me. Over the phone i told them, the only role ill take is staff trainer in order to train their staff better in engagement, customer service, attentiveness and proper attitudes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

They had an open house event, and I was interviewed by two different managers. The first one was charming and very nice. The second manager was very hard to read. I never knew what he was thinking.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how to overcome objections when people decide not to join the gym. They asked me how I felt about being a sales person and doing outreach (talking to strangers). They asked me how would I obtain prospects (creative ways to obtain leads). I was asked to give examples on how to overcome objections. I was asked a few questions about the company (why did I choose NYSC among other options).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very brief and easy and I thought it was going to be a lot more difficult but I originally applied to just work the front desk part time because I had another job, also it was a very sketchy work environment

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult moment in a previous job you overcame   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings.

Interview

it was ok the interviewer was jolly yet proocupied with his phone but very nice and serious about sales and fitness ... they ask about experience then to pitch soething and about why the gym of all paces why fitness how is it a part of your life .. stuff like that