Town Sports International Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.0

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There was phone screen, followed by an invitation for interview discussion with the head of the Personal Training department and his second in command. The next phase interview was conducted on the gym floor including role playing.

Interview Questions

• Please share how you would market yourself?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings.

Interview

Very causal interview with the fitness manager. Met with him twice. First meeting was to review my resume and fitness experience and the second was to do a workout together. The workout was one that I had designed and the second part was him creating a member that had various injuries/limitations.

QUICK INTERVIEW PROCESS Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (White Plains, NY).

Interview

I had to meet with two different managers and the process was pretty simple. You have to be given a background check then you get hired. The interviewer asks you a series of questions about certain scenarios and you answer accordingly.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a difficult member?
      How do you respond to someone who's nasty??   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing accept for days I can work

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings.

Interview

There was none with the company itself. All I interviewed for was with Robert Half Accountemps. They called me for this opportunity like four months later. I thought an interview would be required for the actual position, but the recruiter at Accountemps said they were literally looking for someone to start the next day. As I was unemployed, I blindly accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Accountemps simply asked for an overview of my background and skills.   1 Answer

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings in May 2015.

Interview

Easy they explained about the company and what they do. Then asked a few basic interview questions. However if you manage to get to the interview process and you say all the right things you are most likely going to get the job.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

After I dropped off my resume, I applied online, then I got invited for an interview after the manager was asking me some questions on the phone already. I should have had a second interview, but I got hired after the fist interview.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience in Training   1 Answer

Babysitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (Worcester, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called in a few days later. When I got there i was told it would be a working interview and I was left with the children for an hour while the manager dealt with something else. When she finally came in to talk to me she was more interested in playing with the children than seeing what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• Are you alright with disciplining the children?   1 Answer

Membership Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

I found he job on indeed and went to WSC website to get a better idea of everything. I completed th application online which was lengthy if i can remember correctly. I received a call back within a week from the General Manager, but for a different location than the one I selected on my application. n the call we set up a time and date to interview, i asked more questions on the set up call than normal, i am sure. But the call was not much of a pre-screen it was quick and simple scheduling call. I opted for a next day interview with the General manager and it was a one-on-one Interview. The interview took place mid day, while the gym wasn't too busy. The GM took notes while asking a series of questions, but overall the GM pleasant and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• General questions about setting goals, expectations, interacting with people.   Answer Question

Group Exercise Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Great interviews. All people that I interviewed with were pleasant and friendly. The phone interview was extensive but wonderful. I then interviewed with a Director, a VP and HR. It was a nice experience overall, and made the job appealing. I felt very welcomed at the corporate office and had productive and comfortable conversations. I thoroughly enjoyed the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you gain the "buy-in" of club teams for Group Exercise?   Answer Question

Personal Fitness Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Short and to the point. The director originally called for a preliminary screening before I spoke to a GM. Then after I met the criteria, I was matched with a facility that was a good fit for me. The in-person process was slightly unprofessional, as there were random members walking into the general managers office while I was being questioned. Other than that, the people were friendly and they were up front about the job.

Interview Questions

• "tell me about yourself"
      "What is your experience in the field"
      "Have you ever led group training before"   Answer Question