Town Sports International Holdings Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Town Sports International Holdings Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There was phone screen, followed by an invitation for interview discussion with the head of the Personal Training department and his second in command. The next phase interview was conducted on the gym floor including role playing.

Interview Questions

• Please share how you would market yourself?   1 Answer

Group Exercise Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Great interviews. All people that I interviewed with were pleasant and friendly. The phone interview was extensive but wonderful. I then interviewed with a Director, a VP and HR. It was a nice experience overall, and made the job appealing. I felt very welcomed at the corporate office and had productive and comfortable conversations. I thoroughly enjoyed the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you gain the "buy-in" of club teams for Group Exercise?   Answer Question

Personal Fitness Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Short and to the point. The director originally called for a preliminary screening before I spoke to a GM. Then after I met the criteria, I was matched with a facility that was a good fit for me. The in-person process was slightly unprofessional, as there were random members walking into the general managers office while I was being questioned. Other than that, the people were friendly and they were up front about the job.

Interview Questions

• "tell me about yourself"
      "What is your experience in the field"
      "Have you ever led group training before"   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

meet sales trainer, chat about sales experience and why would you want to work for a gym. They then email you if chosen, as well as calling. First you meet the local gym that's hiring's manager. If they like you you interview with the HR person. If they like you they call and email you with training schedule

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NYSC, why a gym, also asked to handle an objection during a fictitious sale.   Answer Question

Membership Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

They had an open house event, and I was interviewed by two different managers. The first one was charming and very nice. The second manager was very hard to read. I never knew what he was thinking.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how to overcome objections when people decide not to join the gym. They asked me how I felt about being a sales person and doing outreach (talking to strangers). They asked me how would I obtain prospects (creative ways to obtain leads). I was asked to give examples on how to overcome objections. I was asked a few questions about the company (why did I choose NYSC among other options).   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

face to face interview

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

3 interviews. Phone screen, senior management, and than HR. Process took 3 weeks. They were all very professional. They asked great questions and were able to tell me about the company culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no movement on salary offer.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Website inquiry

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

R D O Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Received an email to set up 1st phone interview, so far pretty much standard practice.
    While doing phone interview, person was very professional and informative about position or shared as much knowledge as she had.
    At end of interview she asked would I be available for a face to face next week I said yes. She then started to talk about salary which is pretty unheard of on a phone interview....We came to a mutual range in salary.
    She then once again asked if I could meet again next week I once again answered I would be more than willing to set something up next week....EVERYTHING SEEMS FINE UP TO THIS POINT...
    Then 24 hrs later I get the Thanks but No Thanks Email? I mean WTH? No reason to get someone's hopes up, she could have ended it in a cordial manner, and shot out the TBNT Email.
    I just don't understand why she would go though the trouble of making me think, I was a "go forward" candidate

Interview Questions

• In what past employment or position did I have to think out of the box to increase sales or brand exposure?   1 Answer
    • What kind of compensation was I looking for at this time?   1 Answer

Learning and Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

i emailed about a posting on monster and got a call. we talked and then I came in for an interview. i was offered the job a day or so later