Town Sports International Holdings Personal Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Personal Trainer

Town Sports International Holdings Personal Trainer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2018

2.0

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Firstly, the area manager called to find out what kind of training I do, how many hours I want to work and what my financial goals are. Then there was an interview with Lead trainer & a second interview with Lead trainer and area manager together.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Town Sports International Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

The Fitness manager contacted me from my submitted resume online. A phone call was scheduled and we discussed my current business but felt it was worth an in-person conversation. I agreed and met with her.

Interview Questions

• Being self-employed, how much time could I commit to working floor hours and off schedule training sessions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There was phone screen, followed by an invitation for interview discussion with the head of the Personal Training department and his second in command. The next phase interview was conducted on the gym floor including role playing.

Interview Questions

• Please share how you would market yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview Process was straightforward. There were no trick questions. It was mainly about schedule, how to overcome sales objectives. Why are you passionate about personal training? There was also emphasis on how you maintain a healthy life despite work. I believe they were trying to get a sense of my commitment to sales and how I would be branding myself. Overall, it was a positive and easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I was supposed to interview with one person I ended up interviewing with two. They were very honest about the pay. I was offered the job on the spot but I was not very clear that I was.... They asked me general questions about fitness and my financial goals.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an issue approaching strangers on the floor about personal training?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

After I dropped off my resume, I applied online, then I got invited for an interview after the manager was asking me some questions on the phone already. I should have had a second interview, but I got hired after the fist interview.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience in Training   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (Deer Park, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

This location is desperate for trainers and will take anyone seeing as personal trainers especially good ones who know what they are doing who have good credentials. The interview was not much of an interview I kinda just went in met the manager and he was acting like he was incredibly superior to me. I almost got up and left because he was acting like he did not need me. Meanwhile I saw the add on craigslist, sent in my resume, and they called me 20 minutes later for an interview for later that evening.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a online application which takes around one hour to complete, a phone interview (around 25 minutes of questioning) and a face-to-face interview which took around 25 minutes for completion. During the interview, the Manager asked for a lot of questions pertaining to goals and struggles etc., and sent you through a training for you to get prepared to work for their organization.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a personal trainer   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Came in and handed my resume package, got the interview after 30 mins. The whole process was not too difficult, mostly questions about your experience and also some questions about designing fitness plan for new customers.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Town Sports International Holdings (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online then initial contact was made via phone. After the phone interview I was invited to the location for a 1 on 1 or as it turned out 2 on 1 interview. We talked in his office and then another Manager joined and wasn't quite sold on me so we went into a hands on scenario. We went onto the gym floor and used a former employee to pretend to be a client of mine. After seeing how well I worked with her they were convinced and I was hired shortly after.