Town of Hempstead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Town of Hempstead

Park Ranger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrick, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Town of Hempstead (Merrick, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Business Casual interview with friendly atmosphere. Basically if you have your connection than you are in. The interview was basically in information session about the job. There was a lot of running around to government approved clinics for drug testing and a general physical. The whole process was about a work week long. It was more tedious than difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply? What kind of experience do you have with the outdoors?   1 Answer

Counselor Interview

Interview

the interview was based off a successful civil service exam and was based around different situations that could occur while working in human services with the public.questions were based around an applicants ability to handle busy situations and a demanding customer clientele while simultaneously meeting eligibility requirements both local and federal.

Anonymous Employee in West Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Town of Hempstead (West Hempstead, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Quick with short questions. There was timed swimming with a 50 meter and 200 meter swim that you had to complete in under a certain amount of time. This is easy to people that have been swimming a lot in the past but not a new one. There was a short 5 minute interview and a skills practical.

Interview Questions

• Three words to describe you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Town of Hempstead (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

funny, did it soaking wet and breathless after the "swimming" interview
    they are a series company looking for serious workers but too strict honestly
    funny, did it soaking wet and breathless after the "swimming" interview
    they are a series company looking for serious workers but too strict honestly

Anonymous Employee in West Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Town of Hempstead (West Hempstead, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview at Echo Park Pool.