Townsquare Media Digital Managing Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Townsquare Media Digital Managing Editor Interview Questions

Interviews at Townsquare Media

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Pasco, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Townsquare Media (Pasco, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Four interviews by phone and one in person. The process was extremely long without much sign of progressing toward employment. The regional director was very fast in the interview. I often felt left in the dark on the status until a local interview in person was determined.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Townsquare Media

Digital Managing Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Townsquare Media.

Interview

I can understand it taking weeks for the interview, but there was a lack of communication from there at times. With my interview, I had to speak to someone from their main headquarters and I did the writing tests. But after the entire interview process, I was told that the position that I applied for had been eliminated. WTF?

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with digital media?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Townsquare Media (Portsmouth, NH) in October 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, did two separate editing tests, and never heard back about the job.

I was asked to complete the following editing test within 24 hours, which I completed, despite having a full time job and my mother being admitted to the hospital the day prior:

1. Pick one local website of our sites in Portsmouth and give an editorial critique of the content on the site. Focus on the content specifically, particularly the articles and blog posts, and not on the overall structure or design of the site. What content is working and what specific elements of the content should be improved? Please be as specific and direct as possible.

2. Imagining yourself as the Digital Managing Editor of one of the Portsmouth sites, give a list of 10 article topics that the site should be covering today (the day you respond to this), with the web headline you would use for each, specifically keeping in mind "clickiness" and SEO.

3. Choose two of those topics and actually write and produce the articles as you think they should appear on the website, with proper web headline, credits, hyperlinks, embedded multimedia, etc. as appropriate.

Then I was asked to do this timed editing task "live", which the facilitator was late on sending me:

4. Edit and punch up two articles which I will provide – add voice, tone, proper web headlines and a find a way to include the audience in the discussion. Need to turn these around in 30-45 mins – I will send them to you whenever you are ready, just let me know when you want to do it.

After completing everything, I never heard back about the job.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Townsquare Media (Portland, ME) in April 2014.

Interview

I had two phone.screens and two in person interviews. The biggest issue is that they were not honest about the position. They really wanted a consultant, not a manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are the best qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Townsquare Media (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was confusing. I spoke with at least seven people on the phone and wasn't sure who any of them were, how I would be working with them, or how they related to the position since none of them worked in the office I applied to. I was asked to do editorial exercises. Then I began interviewing with people in the office and the process essentially started over. Then, after I was offered the position and accepted someone else got in touch with me to say that he hadn't been given a chance to talk with me during the interview process but wanted a chance to speak with me before my start date to establish that he was kinda my boss but not really. It gave me the impression that there were too many cooks in the kitchen, and I wasn't wrong.

Digital Managing Editor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Townsquare Media in August 2015.

Interview

Where to begin.

First a recruiter reached out to me via email, then I received a phone call, then a half hour phone interview. After that, I completed an hour-long editorial exercise.
    Weeks later I was finally called in for an in-person interview. I drove an hour, interview lasted about a half hour, drove back. Interview went extremely well though it really only seemed like the employer had glanced at my resume and didn't take the time to thoroughly examine my qualifications. I was told the decision was between three others and myself.
    Several weeks later I finally heard back via email that another candidate was chosen. I then applied for another similar position at a different Townsqaure media office. Weeks later I received an email of interest and then a half hour phone interview. I completed an editorial exercise and sent samples of my writing. I was called in for an in-person interview, once again driving an hour, interview lasting approximately an hour this time, drove an hour back. My question regarding salary was unanswered. Several weeks later I was called back in for a second interview, made the drive, met with the same person I met the first time and now an additional manager. I was asked exactly the same questions in the same order as the first interview, just with a new person present, as well as the last interviewer. Once again my question regarding salary was unanswered but even more writing samples were requested.
    Months later I received a phone call about a renewed interest in me, but for a part-time position. Was asked to sign off on a background check form, which I needed to print, sign, and scan back.
    Was emailed for a third interview for Feb. 2016. Emailed several times to ask if this was for a part-time or full-time position. Had to call to get an answer. It was for a part-time, which could lead to a full-time, but they would also be exploring other candidates while I worked for them part-time. I am seeking full-time work and would not be able to pull this off. I told them so and never heard back from them again.
    In total, my time spent applying for two positions with this company lasted from June 2015 to February 2016 and is still technically in the process, however I doubt it will go anywhere and if I was somehow offered a job with them, the salary would have to be sufficient enough for me to consider it after my experience. I spent approximately 15 hours and four work days between phone calls, driving, in-person interviews, and editorial exercises and still have yet to receive an offer. Mind you, I'm not one to brag about myself but I am far from an entry-level candidate. I have a lot of management experience in roles with more responsibility than the jobs I applied for with Townsqaure Media. Advice: be up-front with this company and ask them not to waste your time.

Interview Questions

Townsquare Media Response

Mar 7, 2016 – SVP, Digital

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. While we do have a rigorous interview process to ensure we hire the best candidates, we apologize for any redundancy with interviews between our... More