Towson University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Towson University

2.2

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Towson University (Towson, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

Professor looks at your transcript and asks you why you want to work using mathematics and what you want to get out of it. They also ask you to brush up on your mathematics skills like calculus and linear algebra.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Towson University in January 2014.

Interview

You start off with a group panel.
    Then you have a month long programming project.
    Then a final project review and meeting with the manager.
    You hear back within the next couple of days.

Resident Assistant Interview

Interview

You have a half-an-hour behavioral interview to figure out if you are open-minded, diversity-appreciating, and have a good moral sense of sticking to student conduct. Then you have the second round group interview in which you are asked to organize an event.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult question. Be yourself. You do not bend who you are to be awarded a position, as it is good to neither you or HRL.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Every RA has the flat reward: free housing (single room rather than sharing), 10 meals a week, and $50 biweekly subsidy.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Towson University (Towson, MD).

Interview

It was quick and easy. I got a call from the call center manager to come in for an interview. She asked my questions about my schedule and why I wanted to work for Towson. Ended up getting a call a week later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your schedule like? How many hours a week can you work? What leadership positions have you held?   Answer Question

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Towson University (Towson, MD) in October 2009.

Interview

Started with a 15 minute phone interview, then invited to come on campus for a full day of interviewing. Interviewed one-on-one with the director, met with the hiring committee, interviewed (group) by entire staff of center. Presented a 40 minute presentation on something related to career development. Followed by a questions and answer period, members from the entire campus were invited to attend presentation. Went to lunch with the director and then met with the AVP.

Interview Questions

• If you could invent something to aid in your role (as a Career Counselor) regardless of cost, what would it be?   Answer Question
    • We have lots of pot lucks, what would you bring?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Employer stated that the salary was non-negotiable. Once I accepted the position and talked to others, I learned otherwise.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Towson University (Baltimore, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. There was a phone interview and then I was called in for a one on one interview. After the interview, I was offered the position in about 48 hours.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Towson University (Towson, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with two supervisors to screen my qualifications, then came to campus to meet entire department. Took part in 3 group interviews: departmental, campus partners, and student leaders. Was taken to lunch on campus and had a tour. The interview process seemed holistic and gave me ample opportunity to learn about the organization.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Towson University over other universities?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Towson University (Towson, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

I found out about the job from a flier seen on campus. I emailed my resume and work samples to the employer. We arranged and in-person interview via email. i had an in-person interview with two supervisors. I received a job offer via email the same day as the interview. I accepted the offer via email. I began working the following week after meeting with HR.

Help Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Towson University (Towson, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Apply online, phone screen, in person interview. Straight forward, a few technical questions. Whole process takes about 30 minutes. Pretty much everyone can get the interview and pass it.

Interview Questions

• A client's computer is extremely slow, enough that it's unusable, client wants to backup their files what do you do?   1 Answer

Career Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Towson University.

Interview

I had a 15 minute phone interview and then a half day interview. The process went pretty quickly compared to other Higher Education job search processes I have been a part of. During the half day interview I met with the entire Career Center staff, and some campus partners for a group panel interview. I also prepared a presentation for that group. I met with the director for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• The very first question during the phone interview was "What do you know about us". I was expecting the first question to be "Tell us about why you want this position" so I was thrown for a loop.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation