Toyota Motor Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 25, 2017

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Toyota Motor Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Online Application, Assessment, 20 minute phone screening, and then an in-person interview. BEWARE I interviewed and was told that I would hear back in 2-3 days. 1 week later I followed up and was dismissed with the words that "they are still reviewing the candidates". Another week later I followed up again. The start date was August 11th and I had to contact the recruiter to get any information. Even a decline letter. I have a bachelor's of science degree, previous customer service experience 9+ years, and a tenured employee at TFS' referral. I don't know what you have to do to get in with this company, but the interview was overly formal and awkward and everyone I interacted with was cold and unhelpful. Very confusing process. Hiring process is usually indicative of a company's health and this is not a positive indication.

Interview Questions

• You have a diverse work history, what do you plan to do with your experience?   1 Answer
    • BASIC STAR questions--Know your examples before going in.   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota Motor Corporation.

Interview

A series of questions that are picked at random, more questions based on your answers. have specific questions and examples of prior work experience ready to answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota Motor Corporation (Owings Mills, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

the hiring interview went very well.Lot's of questions on my past history and jobs.I was a little scared in the beginning but after talking with the interviewer for awhile she made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• how can you be a asset to Toyota Financial   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota Motor Corporation (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Several months after I emailed a contact at Toyota regarding a possible internship, I heard from a recruiter who received my resume. Interviews were easy and not over an hour. They accommodated my specific interests, and were very prompt.

Interview Questions

The projects that I was offered did not appeal to me as much as another offer I had.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Toyota Motor Corporation (Arlington, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Multiple interviews with upper management. Stay honest and the gift will come. This company is solid and isn't going anywhere. Get your aspirations ready and succeed because that's all they offer!!!

Interview Questions

• Why would you fit in Toyota atmosphere???   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota Motor Corporation (Baton Rouge, LA) in July 2016.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter with screening questions to determine compatibility with the role. If they move forward, the credit supervisor calls for a phone interview with some situational questions to determine your experience with similar situations you might face as a credit analyst ("tell me about a time when" kind of questions). If you make it past this stage, they will bring you in for a face-to-face interview with credit supervisor as well as the operations managers in the office. For me, this was mostly a meet and get acquainted interview with a lot of information about the job, the schedule, and other policy-related info. After the face-to-face, I was given a timeline of when I'd hear back and was assured I'd hear back either way. I received a call the next week from the recruiter with the offer and I accepted. Following the offer, they'll send information to complete a background check and drug screen to finalize everything

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone got upset with you, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, pay dependent on industry standards and your experience level

Collections - Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota Motor Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application and heard back in about 9 days. Scheduled a phone interview and 5 minutes before it was scheduled I received an email that the Human Resources Manager was running behind schedule. Ok, that happens. Finished the phone interview and was asked to schedule a one on one for that week. Was told by the HR Manager that I would receive a confirmation email of my scheduled interview and application to fill out and bring with me. After 2 days I hadn't received either. Sent a follow up email and still nothing. I had to CALL to remind her to send it to me. Interview went well, I thought. 30+ years of experience should have been plenty for this position with the last 11 being in the car business, but I received an email stating that they went with other candidates. I was stunned. Based on my experience before I even arrived I don't think they're looking for quality people.

Title Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toyota Motor Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Basic interview. I arrived and waited until my interviewers showed and directed to an interview room. They were from two different departments and each explained their department needs. I described my experience with titles. They were pleasant and with an easy going personalities. We also talked about dress code and some quirks of the company. I felt very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience and availability. They also asked me to describe a day in the life of my previous position and why I left that job.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota Motor Corporation (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

I filled out the application online. I was called about two days later. After the phone interview. I was asked to come in for in person interview. Interviewed with one team lead she was pleasent. Interview went pretty good, basic Interview personality questions. A day later i got an email saying they've moved forward with other candidates. I was completely shocked.

Interview Questions

• How long should a customer be put on hold?   2 Answers

Product Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Toyota Motor Corporation (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Met with 6 groups of people over several hours. Started with the Human Resources representative. Then I met with the hiring manager. From there I met affiliate department managers. Another meeting with peers. Proceeded to meet with the Director. Another meeting followed with Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• Promote collaboration between parties with conflicting interests   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interview was thorough and very well organized.