Toyota North America Interview Questions in Ann Arbor, MI | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2016

2.9

Supplier Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone. STAR method. Most of the questions were straight forward but they ask follow up questions so be prepared. I was then asked for in person interview which went well. My biggest concern is that they fail to respond with results and lead you on for a long time. This is pretty disrespectful for a company this large to not respond to emails regarding the interview.

Interview Questions

Toyota North America Response

Nov 14, 2016

Thank you for your interest in Toyota and taking the time to interview and share your experience with us. We apologize that you weren’t followed up with in a timely manner as we strive to provide ... More

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview took about 30 minutes on campus. It was very relaxed, and the interviewers were very nice and not intimidating. Positive experience. Only behavioral questions, nothing difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge that you recently faced, and innovative solution you used to solve it.   Answer Question

Body Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

The whole process only took about 10 days. I had multiple other offers, so Toyota expedited the process quite efficiently. The first round was a simple 20-30 minute phone screen. 3-4 simple behavioral questions along with salary requirements and availability. Next round was an on-site interview in Ann Arbor. This involved was 10-15 minute presentation, Q&A, STAR questions and some technical questions rounding off with a tour. In total, the interview took about 2 hours. An offer was given the following morning. In general, everyone I met was extremely kind and seemed very happy. Cafeteria smelled good but didn't really see what was offered. I was told that they offer a Japanese entree each day and also have local restaurants come in each day to supply food.

Interview Questions

• Very basic STAR questions. Describe a time when you used your engineering know-how to solve a problem. Describe the most complex problem you solved. There were others that I can't remember. The person that asked the question was very nice and smiled and joked a lot, so it was not a very high pressure situation. There were also some technical questions. They don't ask you anything you don't already know how to do. The technical question that were asked stemmed directly from my presentation so I was fairly well equipped to answer. Hope this helps. Overall, I think future interviewees will feel very comfortable during this interview.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiters mainly asked behavioral type questions, not too bad! They were all really nice and had a lot to say about the company when I asked questions. Overall positive experience!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a problem you had to solve. How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair, and scheduled an interview. Interview was with 2 people, one HR and one technical. They were both friendly and professional, yet didn't know much about the co-op program. Interview lasted 30-45 minutes with behavior, STAR type questions. I was offered the position within next 3-4 days! I appreciate the quick turn around!

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Toyota?
      Q: Tell me about a time you made a decision -- walk me through the process
      Answer Question

Powertrain Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR representative who said she my resume came across her desk. She asked a few basic experience and background questions and then scheduled a phone interview for the next day.

The same HR rep interviewed me. It took about 40 minutes and was a series of about 5 pretty basic behavioral questions followed by asking about any questions I had.

I received a call about a week later asking to confirm some basic information about my graduation date, current class standing (ie. junior), and availability to work for the winter term. She said she had to talk to the hiring manager again with this info but what he told her seemed positive and she would call me back the next day. The next few days went by with no call. Another few days later she called asking me to confirm the same information and that she would call me back later that day. No call came and then almost a week later she called again asking to confirm THE SAME information and that she would call me back in a few hours. Finally, she called later that day extending the offer and explaining some details. Then, not surprisingly at that point, the email offer letter came about a week after it was promised.

One thing I found odd was that I was never interviewed by or spoke to anyone in engineering. I would have liked to ask questions and get specific information on the position other than "you'd be working in power train." Especially because they contacted me so I never got to speak to a campus recruiter or anything.

Interview Questions

They recruit pretty heavily from my school so I had multiple acquaintances who had worked there and said they largely had negative experiences across the board. Most saying the facility wasn't very innovative as most of the exciting R&D work takes place in Japan.

I was excited to take the job at first but the negative reviews I heard and how unprofessional the communication was made me reconsider.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

First contacted at a college career fair, after an initial brief 1:1 interview was granted a second 20 min interview the next day with an HR reviewer and Mechanical engineer. Was asked mainly behavioral questions. After 5 weeks was called by phone to schedule a second phone interview. This interview was a short 10min interview with 3 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Draw an isometric view of a part based on 3 views. Appeared to have a twist with two views showing a different part.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

Contract house interviewed me, then I had a short phone interview. Later I had a face to face interview with the Manager and assistant manager I was going to be working for.Told me it would be a couple weeks before they made a decision. They called back about a day later with an offer. Then they tried to pressure me to start working on site before my HR contract paperwork was complete.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

Initial meeting was in-person and a career fair. 6 weeks later I received a phone call. Next was a phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The interview was only about 1 hour. They called me within a week and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• How do you draw this section?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is not possible to negotiate. Overall the offer was pretty good.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2012.

Interview

Phone interview first: 4 people introduce the company and their jobs. Intorduce the work on resume. Followed by on-site interview (3 weeks apart): 5 people, resume review, presentation about my research, behavior question. Before the on-site, they asked me to prepare some ideas on the new research area they want to engage. Finally, some hehavior questions. Lab tour. Totally 1 hour. No 1:1 interview.