Toyota North America Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toyota North America Buyer Interview Questions

2.5

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America in October 2015.

Interview

Scheduling the interview was easy and HR was great in communicating.

The interview itself was a very negative experience. It was only an hour long, with no tour of the facilities or even an explanation of the layout and departments located at the campus. If fact, we did not even leave the lobby area. I only met two people in the actual department I would be potentially working in.

I am not sure how anyone could accept a position with Toyota with so little knowledge of the work environment. I left feeling as if I had learned nothing about the company or the culture. This should tell you something about the type of people they look for.

I was sent a system-generated email the following day that I would not be receiving an offer. I was neither surprised nor disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions and a simple purchasing/business case   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Toyota North America

Buyer Interview

Interview

There are 4 basic steps: Psychological Test, HR Interview, User Interview, and Medical Check-Up. Basically when you've passed the User Interview Test, the medical check-up is just an administration.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult step is definitely the User Interview. You may be interviewed by several users to find which place best suits you (and which user is suited with you). The most unexpected question was What will I do in a team to influence others to do what I want.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America in February 2012.

Interview

I got an email from a hiring manager about setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly easy and consisted of the general questions like "why Toyota" and "are you willing to travel" as well as some behavioral interview questions drawing from your work and education experiences. The interview was conducted by the hiring manager and two other people who worked in procurement. A few days later I got a call saying they would fly me out to their offices in Kentucky for an in-person interview. The flew me out and put me up at a hotel. The interview took about 2 hours. I first interviewed with two people who asked me about my background, some more behavioral questions, and an easy math problem solving question (they even give you a calculator). After that, I met with another person for much shorter, more laid back interview. He just asked about my previous experiences. Then the hiring manager gave me a bunch of material about Toyota and what it's like to live in Cincinnati. Later that night, myself and some other interviewees had dinner with some people who are currently buyers at Toyota. So, overall it was a fairly easy interview process. Everybody was really nice. Although, I ended not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Which is the better scenario?
      1) Buy 10 million widgets with a fixed cost of $200,000 and a variable cost of $1
      2) Buy 10 million widgets with a fixed cost of $10,000 and a variable cost of $1.05

(They even let you use a calculator)   2 Answers