Toyota North America Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toyota North America Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They called me quickly for a telephone interview, rushed me into an in person interview within 24 hours. Spent over an hour with 4 people, 2 recruiters and 2 hiring managers. I sent my thank you note, and expressed interest in the College Internship immediately after my interview. I sent a follow up email one week after the email. No response and it has been over three weeks since my interview. I was dressed professionally, answered all of their behavioural type interview questions appropriately. Very dissappointing that Toyota who boasts their extreme customer service did not provide me with any customer service.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a recent customer problem that was difficult to solve. How did you determine the cause of the problem? What did you do and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Toyota North America

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America in October 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward and similar to most other internship interviews. First is a "tell me about yourself" conversation. Followed by the "why Toyota" and eventually they ask for questions you have about their company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Campus interview. Quite difficult and very uptight interviewers. Interview took place on campus in a small room slightly bigger than a phone booth. Interviewers asked questions as if they were interrogating me. Questions were basically the same situational type normally done, but environment was awful.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Kansas City, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

Met at career fair then interviewed the following day. Received a call a few weeks later asking to have a second interview at the Regional Office in Kansas City. Was told I got the job a few weeks after the second interview.
    Was in contact with one person throughout the whole process, it made the interview process very easy and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. "Name a time you couldn't accomplish something. How did you handle the situation?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Buffalo, WY) in February 2015.

Interview

in a room with hr and manager. asked many questions about education and what i was looking for. good experience, friendly and payed for flight out there. said they normally do phone interviews but with short notice they did this

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nobe

Intern Interview

Interview

Communications were pretty easy, interview process was pretty straightforward. Gave my resume at a career fair received an on-site interview and was asked several questions regarding my resume and my personal experience.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

5 People sat in a panel and asked mainly behavioral based questions. They required answers in the STAR format. They gave the offer the next day, but they have predetermined pay and benefits to all students and they ask for a response within a week. They offer the lowest starting pay for an engineering intern of any company that I interviewed with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Caldwell, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (West Caldwell, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Met one of the recruiters at a University Career fair. Received a call within 3-4 weeks from one of the managers with the invitation to come interview with them. On interview day, it was 3 candidates including me and we all met in one room with 5-6 managers. brief description and talk about the position. Then each of us broke off and interviewed 3 separate times with 2 managers per session. Total took about 2-3 hours

Interview Questions

• Why Toyota?
      Walk me through your resume?
      What would your previous boss say about you if I called him up today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Rochester, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

There were two people. Asked two star questions. How did you contribute to your last co-op experience. Second was how did you contribute to the team as a person when working on your last co-op project.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

First contacted at a college career fair, after an initial brief 1:1 interview was granted a second 20 min interview the next day with an HR reviewer and Mechanical engineer. Was asked mainly behavioral questions. After 5 weeks was called by phone to schedule a second phone interview. This interview was a short 10min interview with 3 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Draw an isometric view of a part based on 3 views. Appeared to have a twist with two views showing a different part.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate