Toyota North America Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

I met with recruiters at the career fair and was interviewed the next day. The position was for the spring semester and they were trying to fill the spot ASAP, so the process was probably a bit quicker than usual. I was interviewed by two people and asked straight forward STAR questions. The interviewers were nice enough, friendly but not overly warm, and the questions were simple behavioral questions. No trick questions here. I heard back a couple days later that I got the job, but ultimately I declined because the position they had open wasn't a good fit for my career path and not really related to my major.

Interview Questions

• When did you encounter a difficult team member and what did you do about this?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Toyota North America

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

30 minute interview with a senior manager and a recruiter. Senior manager asked most of the questions. Asked some technical questions relating to past experience, but was mostly behavioral. I heard back within a few hours of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take the lead
      Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They called me quickly for a telephone interview, rushed me into an in person interview within 24 hours. Spent over an hour with 4 people, 2 recruiters and 2 hiring managers. I sent my thank you note, and expressed interest in the College Internship immediately after my interview. I sent a follow up email one week after the email. No response and it has been over three weeks since my interview. I was dressed professionally, answered all of their behavioural type interview questions appropriately. Very dissappointing that Toyota who boasts their extreme customer service did not provide me with any customer service.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a recent customer problem that was difficult to solve. How did you determine the cause of the problem? What did you do and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America in October 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward and similar to most other internship interviews. First is a "tell me about yourself" conversation. Followed by the "why Toyota" and eventually they ask for questions you have about their company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Campus interview. Quite difficult and very uptight interviewers. Interview took place on campus in a small room slightly bigger than a phone booth. Interviewers asked questions as if they were interrogating me. Questions were basically the same situational type normally done, but environment was awful.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Kansas City, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

Met at career fair then interviewed the following day. Received a call a few weeks later asking to have a second interview at the Regional Office in Kansas City. Was told I got the job a few weeks after the second interview.
    Was in contact with one person throughout the whole process, it made the interview process very easy and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. "Name a time you couldn't accomplish something. How did you handle the situation?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Buffalo, WY) in February 2015.

Interview

in a room with hr and manager. asked many questions about education and what i was looking for. good experience, friendly and payed for flight out there. said they normally do phone interviews but with short notice they did this

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nobe

Intern Interview

Interview

Communications were pretty easy, interview process was pretty straightforward. Gave my resume at a career fair received an on-site interview and was asked several questions regarding my resume and my personal experience.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

5 People sat in a panel and asked mainly behavioral based questions. They required answers in the STAR format. They gave the offer the next day, but they have predetermined pay and benefits to all students and they ask for a response within a week. They offer the lowest starting pay for an engineering intern of any company that I interviewed with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Caldwell, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (West Caldwell, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Met one of the recruiters at a University Career fair. Received a call within 3-4 weeks from one of the managers with the invitation to come interview with them. On interview day, it was 3 candidates including me and we all met in one room with 5-6 managers. brief description and talk about the position. Then each of us broke off and interviewed 3 separate times with 2 managers per session. Total took about 2-3 hours

Interview Questions

• Why Toyota?
      Walk me through your resume?
      What would your previous boss say about you if I called him up today?   Answer Question