Toyota North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toyota North America Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then received an email to a link to take an assessment (customer service scenarios, multitasking, typing speed, etc.). A few days later, I received a phone call saying I had passed the test and they wanted to set up a phone interview.

I had my phone interview, which was very basic and laid back- description of the job, benefits, etc., as well as the usual questions that would be expected for a position like this one. At the end of the phone interview, I was told I would most likely hear back Thursday (2 days from then) on whether or not I would be given an in person interview the following Tuesday.

I got an email Wednesday evening saying, verbatim,
    "Shortly you will receive an email invite from Toyota's Talent system confirming your interview next week for the Toyota Customer Relations Representative position."
    I waited for that email invite, but instead received an email Thursday saying they had moved on with other candidates.

I contacted the lady explaining the two conflicting emails that I had gotten and asking if she would be able to clear the situation up for me. Her response as to why I received both emails really didn't make sense, and ultimately she said that I was not selected to move forward.

Overall, the process was very well organized with a lot of communication, which both are rare to come by these days. I would have rated this interview process very positively despite not getting the job, had I only received the second email. I only see two possible options as to what happened- either the first email was sent to me by accident, or the first email was worded very incorrectly (saying you WILL receive an invite CONFIRMING your interview next week...never saying "if"). Either way, very disappointing, especially for a great company like Toyota.

Interview Questions

Toyota North America Response

May 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to interview and for leaving this detailed review. We apologize for any confusion in the interview process and have forwarded this on to the appropriate team to follow ... More

Lexus Client Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

After all the pre-screening, assessment, and phone interviews, the excitement of making it the final interview was beyond measure; only to be full of disappointment due to the lack of professionalism and the air of prejudice.
    One of the rude off the wall questions (of many) which I was asked was, "Can you spell Bar Mitzvah." This was the final interview for the position, after excelling at all other levels, I was let down by this company as a whole as this experience did not correlate with the projected company image and brand which their brand promotes. I knew when I left that interview that either I was being tested to see if I could keep my cool when dealing with high brow clients or my services were not wanted. It was the latter, but instead of following up with me, I had to follow up with recruiting contacts only to find things listed on the feedback list as red line items were not truthful of what was discussed and transpired.

Interview Questions

Toyota North America Response

Mar 21, 2017

We appreciate your feedback and the time you invested in the interview process. Toyota is founded on continuous improvement and respect for people and we are sorry to hear your report of an ... More

Engineering Technician - Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Erlanger, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call first, about 3 days later I received another phone call asking to go to Kentucky (from Dallas) for a personal interview. Then received an email with forms, instructions and directions to the plant. Flew out a week later. Met with the hiring manager and another employee. Received a number of STAR type scenarios/questions and finally some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you were given a challenge and didn't meet the deadline and what was the final result.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They called me quickly for a telephone interview, rushed me into an in person interview within 24 hours. Spent over an hour with 4 people, 2 recruiters and 2 hiring managers. I sent my thank you note, and expressed interest in the College Internship immediately after my interview. I sent a follow up email one week after the email. No response and it has been over three weeks since my interview. I was dressed professionally, answered all of their behavioural type interview questions appropriately. Very dissappointing that Toyota who boasts their extreme customer service did not provide me with any customer service.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a recent customer problem that was difficult to solve. How did you determine the cause of the problem? What did you do and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I had about 15-20 min phone interview, the lady was nice asked about my experience and told me about the role. Then 2 and half weeks later had a skype interview. The HR personnel didn't seem interested in talking to me and seemed occupied in something else.

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and within 3 days was contacted via email by their recruiting department.
    Afterwards, I had a phone interview, where they asked me about my work experience, along with a few Behavioral/STAR based questions.
    I was then directed to testing for the position online, where I was tested for listening comprehension, typing speed, and call center CSR situational responses.
    Afterwards, I received an email that I passed that phase of the process, and was set up with an interview at the Plano, TX headquarters on Legacy drive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job? (Tell me about your current job.)   1 Answer
    • What do you like the most about your job?   Answer Question
    • What do you like the least about your job?   Answer Question
    • Can you recall the most difficult situation that you've experienced in your career, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Toyota?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you had a difficult customer, and how you turned it around?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about one of the most challenging times in your current position, and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • The pay is $20.38/Hour, are you ok with that?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything that you would like to ask me at this moment?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from a recruiter a few days later to set up a phone interview. That interview was with HR. Very simple, no technical questions. I received an email a few days later telling me I had moved on to the next phone interview with some engineers that I could be working with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Toyota?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked for Toyota or anyone else in the auto industry?   Answer Question
    • List components of the area you are applying to design components for. i.e. chassis components if you are a chassis engineer.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

casual but intimidating, very direct. They wanted direct answers, They kept asking me to refer to 1st person singular and past experiences, not "what ifs". I applied online and received a call from the recruiter the next day and set up an in person interview the day after that. it was very fast. By the next morning I had a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem customer and how you handled the situation   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

HR phone screen. Hiring manager phone screen. Panel interview with two on site and two via teleconference. HR follow up phone conversation (benefits and salary range review). Face to face interview with hiring manger, his boss and his boss. Panel interview had open ended background questions followed by a series six situation, task, action and results questions. The final interview with such high level people seemed excessive to me. All open ended questions obviously targeting questions they had about my resume and experience. Not sure how they are going to keep up with hiring needs as they open their Dallas campus with such an involved process, Long delays between each step. Asked before leaving the final interview what their timeline was and they indicated they would be making a decision that day...still took several weeks and follow ups before receiving an auto email rejection. Obviously they made an offer to someone else and were waiting until they accepted and passed the background check before informing the other candidates. That was somewhat obvious and annoying when they could have initially let me know they had chosen to make an offer to someone else first and are waiting for final acceptance...seems more reasonable to me, but possibly that opens up another can of worms.

Parts & Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Emailed response notifying me of being a candidate for a position from Human Resources and arranging an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. 60-90 minute phone interview. Waited a week with no communication, called hiring manager, an email from a contract recruiter arrived almost immediately. Recruiter arranged an in-person interview at the temporary location in Plano, TX. Interview was with a senior, national manager, lasted a bit more than an hour. Within two days received email from recruiter to arrange final interview in Torrance, CA. Company paid for all expenses plus provided a stipend in the form of a pre-paid debit card upon arrival. Final interview process was with five different team members. Called hiring manager a week after interview to follow up.

Interview Questions

• What role do you play in a team environment?   Answer Question
    • What is your definition of diversity in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a project you were working on did not go as planned.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself within Toyota in 3-5 years?   Answer Question