Toyota North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toyota North America Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

If you are applying for an engineer position, they will ask you STAR questions. Basically give a situation, explain the issue, explain how you resolved it, and the result.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

I met at a career fair then signed up for an interview, said they would get back to me about the second round. The interview was all behavioral and did not take long or have much stress

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Very professional and positive experience. Started with a quick phone interview with a recruiter. Very basic questions like 'why Toyota?'. Moved on to a phone interview with several national managers. They were very welcoming and friendly, even with the bad answers I provided! Although they gave a quick 'study guide' for the interview, and i did my research on this site for possible interview questions, they still threw me off with the first question that I didn't have a good answer for. There were only about 3 true interview questions. Rest was job specific and talking about the position.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to do something that was right but not popular. explain using the STAR format   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America in October 2017.

Interview

Applied at university and got an interview on campus the next day. First I had to fill an application online and then I received an email with an interview time.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. It involved a phone interview with the recruiter, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and an on-site interview with the hiring manager and two team members.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you use on a daily basis to help you manage projects?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toyota North America in September 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of mainly behavioral questions and seemed to be about getting to know me in terms of skill set and interests.

The Toyota employees made me feel very comfortable and were open to answering any questions I had as well as clarifying the specifics of what they were looking for.

Quality Supplier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief, standard STAR format and behavioral questions. People were all very polite and friendly. Downside with my program is that classes are only offered once a year and Toyota requires an initial co-op period outside of the summer.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you faced challenges in a project and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

Interview

I met Toyota at a career fair on campus and was scheduled for an interview within a couple days. The interviewers were very friendly, laid back, and easy to talk with. After several weeks, I was invited for the final on-site interview. However, by then, I had already received another job offer and declined to participate.

The interview questions were very lax and it seemed like they were more concerned with seeing if I was the right fit during this first round.

Interview Questions

• The couple behavioral questions that they asked revolved around persuasiveness, communication, dealing with difficult people, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

HR called me which I missed, left me a voicemail and sent me an email same day in response to my application to have a phone screen. I returned the call and email same day and never heard back from HR despite following up two more times.

While I appreciate the volume of applicants they need to deal with, I struggle to understand how they can not at least send a response or call back after they initiate contact for a missed call. Do not miss HR's first contact is the lesson here.

Interview Questions

Toyota North America Response

Aug 9, 2017 – Specialist

Thank you for the detailed review and your interest in Toyota. Candidate experience is important to us and we apologize for your negative experience. This review will be shared with the recruiting... More

Technical Translator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

I found a listing on Indeed.com posted through a recruiting company. I submitted my resume and cover letter to the recruiting company and was promptly given the opportunity to apply for the position. They set me up with an interview at the Toyota branch in Ann Arbor about a week later.

There were several people who interviewed me, two Americans that were on the project, a male Japanese team member working at Toyota, and the head of translation who flew in from LA to lead the interview who was a Japanese woman. The interview portion where we talked enjoyable. They were very friendly and it was much more relaxed than I imagine it would be for such a big Japanese company.

There was also a Japanese to English technical translation test after the interview portion. I was seated in front of a laptop with a word document open that had three paragraphs of Japanese text from what looked like a car manual written in it. The text was related to a certain function of the engine. I was given 20 minutes to translate each paragraph from Japanese to English. You are NOT allowed to use any sort of dictionary or tools to aid you in translating the text, which I thought was extremely unfair. What translator translates without reference materials? Having no previous automotive technical translation experience and no materials to reference, I completely bombed the translation test. I wouldn't recommend applying for this position unless you have a wealth of knowledge about automotive terms in English and Japanese as the translation test is just too hard to pass with general translation experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have past experience in translation?   1 Answer
    • (In Japanese) Please list one thing you dislike about Japan and an instance of reverse culture shock after coming back to the US. (This was based on the fact that I lived in Japan for 8 years.)   1 Answer
    • (In Japanese) What made you decide to apply for this position at Toyota?   1 Answer