Toyota North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Toyota is very thorough about their interview process. This is due in part to their stance on not laying people off, but it is also just because they want to find people that are the right fit. Overall, from application to hiring, the process took about four months. I finally really got traction in the last few months. In total, I had phone conversations with four of their in-house recruiters, then I had four interviews with managers, and each of those interviews was with two managers (so eight managers total). However, none of the interviews had "gotcha" questions. It was clear they just wanted to see how I think, how I reason through problems, and how I relate to people.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were presented with some financial information, and some part of it just didn't "smell" right?   1 Answer
    • I did have a phone interview with a recruiter on the finance side for TEMA (the manufacturing arm in Kentucky), and they asked some specific questions like "What is the accounting equation?" and "What is a bill of materials?"   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Long interview process, but was well worth the wait! Can't complain about steps they take to hire someone to work for their company. Overall I liked the interviewing process and the people I got to meet

Lexus Client Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

After all the pre-screening, assessment, and phone interviews, the excitement of making it the final interview was beyond measure; only to be full of disappointment due to the lack of professionalism and the air of prejudice.
    One of the rude off the wall questions (of many) which I was asked was, "Can you spell Bar Mitzvah." This was the final interview for the position, after excelling at all other levels, I was let down by this company as a whole as this experience did not correlate with the projected company image and brand which their brand promotes. I knew when I left that interview that either I was being tested to see if I could keep my cool when dealing with high brow clients or my services were not wanted. It was the latter, but instead of following up with me, I had to follow up with recruiting contacts only to find things listed on the feedback list as red line items were not truthful of what was discussed and transpired.

Interview Questions

Toyota North America Response

Mar 21, 2017

We appreciate your feedback and the time you invested in the interview process. Toyota is founded on continuous improvement and respect for people and we are sorry to hear your report of an ... More

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Spoke with a representative at the career fair and was asked to come in the next day for an interview. Interview was mostly based on behavior and work/project experiences you have had. No quiz or technical questions. Did not hear back from them for a full 3 weeks. Had almost lost all hope at this point. Was then called one morning with the offer for the job. Electronic offer came by email within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you worked on a project with a team. How did you organize yourselves? What was your role? How did you make sure everything got done?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They called me quickly for a telephone interview, rushed me into an in person interview within 24 hours. Spent over an hour with 4 people, 2 recruiters and 2 hiring managers. I sent my thank you note, and expressed interest in the College Internship immediately after my interview. I sent a follow up email one week after the email. No response and it has been over three weeks since my interview. I was dressed professionally, answered all of their behavioural type interview questions appropriately. Very dissappointing that Toyota who boasts their extreme customer service did not provide me with any customer service.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a recent customer problem that was difficult to solve. How did you determine the cause of the problem? What did you do and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I had about 15-20 min phone interview, the lady was nice asked about my experience and told me about the role. Then 2 and half weeks later had a skype interview. The HR personnel didn't seem interested in talking to me and seemed occupied in something else.

Supplier Development Engineering - Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through college career fair. Didn't interview at the career fair but was contacted through email several weeks later. I interviewed on a Sunday via phone. The interview had 3 sections: 1) the interviewer talked about the department, 2) behavioral questions, 3) general Q&A about the position and company. I received an offer 3 days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you came up with an innovative/creative response or solution?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Richmond, VA).

Interview

phone interview with questions concerning my history personal and work. why toyota? who refered me to the company? what is bring me back to az? why did i leave my last company? do i have anyone who is thinking about toyotaas a work place

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and within 3 days was contacted via email by their recruiting department.
    Afterwards, I had a phone interview, where they asked me about my work experience, along with a few Behavioral/STAR based questions.
    I was then directed to testing for the position online, where I was tested for listening comprehension, typing speed, and call center CSR situational responses.
    Afterwards, I received an email that I passed that phase of the process, and was set up with an interview at the Plano, TX headquarters on Legacy drive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job? (Tell me about your current job.)   1 Answer
    • What do you like the most about your job?   Answer Question
    • What do you like the least about your job?   Answer Question
    • Can you recall the most difficult situation that you've experienced in your career, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Toyota?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you had a difficult customer, and how you turned it around?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about one of the most challenging times in your current position, and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • The pay is $20.38/Hour, are you ok with that?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything that you would like to ask me at this moment?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with two Toyota employees at my college's career interview day for co-ops. One was a process engineer and the other worked with their plastics division. The interview followed the STARS format, meaning that they expected me to answer their questions thoroughly. Though it was mainly going over my resume and them asking me about my previous experience, I was still required to answer a few questions that really delved into whether I had the experience and ability that they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What was a dynamic and complex problem that you've solved, and what were some tools you used to accomplish this?   Answer Question