Toyota North America Co-Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

/Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America in September 2017.

Interview

It was a very comfortable setting. I was interviewed by two guys and they were both very nice. Only asked one question each then some basic questions just to get to know where you want to go and what you're looking for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult task and how you went about solving the problem at hand.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Toyota North America

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Behavioral Interview, straightforward questions. Nothing unexpected. Know how to answer standard behavioral. Interviewers were very nice. Go in with a positive attitude. Be open and honest. Make sure to ask interviewers good questions at the end. The interview is what you put into it, so if you're positive it will likely go well.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I got an interview from a Career fair after talking to a recruiter about a recent project from class, interview was a 1-on-1 behavioral with 5 STAR-format questions with a Toyota engineer, got a co-op position a week after the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to lead a project or team from start to finish   Answer Question
    • Describe three things about you that sets you apart from other people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Erlanger, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed through a scholarship program. This was an intense and structured process. The questions were asked in the behavioral interview format. The interviewers were personable and easy to talk to which made me very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• If there were no boundaries, what would you do for a living?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Met at career fair, given interview offer on the spot. Very slow to get back with offer but finally did. Very standard questions. 2 on 1. 1 Hr, 1 Engineer. Extremely nice and funny people.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to make a decision   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

I was lucky to hear from my university about a co-op/internship opportunity at Toyota, so I jumped at the chance. Even though I was younger than what the employers expected (I was 19 and in undergrad), I got an interview nonetheless. During my first phone interview the interviewer asked me 3 very simple behavioral STARs questions: 1) Give me an example of a time you had to make a difficult decision, 2) Why do you want to work at Toyota, 3) What was one time you had a leadership role in something. It lasted a total of 15 minutes and then we scheduled a time for my second interview. The interviewer was very nice and calming, but it was a bit odd that she kept on forgetting my major and kept asking if I was getting my phD. My second phone interview was with 3 people of managerial positions. They were great and all introduced themselves and their work experiences. My entire interview consisted of me explaining every point of my resume in detail and it lasted a very long time-an hour and half. At the end I didn't get the position for that semester, but they did offer me an opportunity for the next semester. I didn't take it.

Interview Questions

• They asked me very specific questions about my previous research experience during my second interview--such as specific measurement scales and the like.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Interviewed in person at a professional conference. Was asked situational questions and behavioral as well.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Interviewed by a member of HR and engineering group. Very polite, seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. Not overly difficult in terms of technical questions that were asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to convince a group of an idea or topic   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

My interview process was maybe a bit different. I initially met the company at a school job fair. Gave them my resume and scheduled an interview the next day. I met with a group of three other Toyota employees. First they asked me to go over in detail every element of my resume. I elaborated on all my activities and verified my GPA.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were mostly how would you deal with a stressful environment. I just thought back to my classes. I mentioned when I had multiple projects and deadlines to met and how I managed it.   Answer Question

I'm a chemical engineering and I thought I would have better opportunities elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Recruitment event.