Toyota North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.9

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. It involved a phone interview with the recruiter, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and an on-site interview with the hiring manager and two team members.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you use on a daily basis to help you manage projects?   Answer Question

/Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America in September 2017.

Interview

It was a very comfortable setting. I was interviewed by two guys and they were both very nice. Only asked one question each then some basic questions just to get to know where you want to go and what you're looking for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult task and how you went about solving the problem at hand.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toyota North America in September 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of mainly behavioral questions and seemed to be about getting to know me in terms of skill set and interests.

The Toyota employees made me feel very comfortable and were open to answering any questions I had as well as clarifying the specifics of what they were looking for.

Engineering Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America in September 2017.

Interview

They asked me 3 behavioral questions and I was asked to answer in the STAR format. They provided a packet with examples of the STAR format so there were no surprises.

Quality Supplier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief, standard STAR format and behavioral questions. People were all very polite and friendly. Downside with my program is that classes are only offered once a year and Toyota requires an initial co-op period outside of the summer.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you faced challenges in a project and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

HR called me which I missed, left me a voicemail and sent me an email same day in response to my application to have a phone screen. I returned the call and email same day and never heard back from HR despite following up two more times.

While I appreciate the volume of applicants they need to deal with, I struggle to understand how they can not at least send a response or call back after they initiate contact for a missed call. Do not miss HR's first contact is the lesson here.

Interview Questions

Toyota North America Response

Aug 9, 2017 – Specialist

Thank you for the detailed review and your interest in Toyota. Candidate experience is important to us and we apologize for your negative experience. This review will be shared with the recruiting... More

Technical Translator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

I found a listing on Indeed.com posted through a recruiting company. I submitted my resume and cover letter to the recruiting company and was promptly given the opportunity to apply for the position. They set me up with an interview at the Toyota branch in Ann Arbor about a week later.

There were several people who interviewed me, two Americans that were on the project, a male Japanese team member working at Toyota, and the head of translation who flew in from LA to lead the interview who was a Japanese woman. The interview portion where we talked enjoyable. They were very friendly and it was much more relaxed than I imagine it would be for such a big Japanese company.

There was also a Japanese to English technical translation test after the interview portion. I was seated in front of a laptop with a word document open that had three paragraphs of Japanese text from what looked like a car manual written in it. The text was related to a certain function of the engine. I was given 20 minutes to translate each paragraph from Japanese to English. You are NOT allowed to use any sort of dictionary or tools to aid you in translating the text, which I thought was extremely unfair. What translator translates without reference materials? Having no previous automotive technical translation experience and no materials to reference, I completely bombed the translation test. I wouldn't recommend applying for this position unless you have a wealth of knowledge about automotive terms in English and Japanese as the translation test is just too hard to pass with general translation experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have past experience in translation?   1 Answer
    • (In Japanese) Please list one thing you dislike about Japan and an instance of reverse culture shock after coming back to the US. (This was based on the fact that I lived in Japan for 8 years.)   1 Answer
    • (In Japanese) What made you decide to apply for this position at Toyota?   1 Answer

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume, they contacted me about taking an assessment that took about an hour. After passing that, they contacted me for a phone interview which was a lot about the position and if I had passed that I would get an in person interview the next week. I got an email how I was not chosen to go further.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

Interview

Very thorough how they conducted interviews. First received phone call from the talent acquisition personnel, then had a face-to-face interview with the customer dept head. After that, I received a phone call within the next few weeks and they were calling me about a job offer.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX).

Interview

Hope this company is better than what they portray during the interview process. The legal department has a quirky group of paralegals that tout they are a group of native Southern Californians who worked together for 20 years and not shy about letting me know that I am the new outsider if I were to get the job. They giggled at my accent and told me how horrible Texas is compared to the beaches of California. The attorneys were nice enough, but the paralegals made me feel very uncomfortable. One of the paralegal came across as very sharp and kept shaking her head as she read my resume. She challenged my worth. It does not matter if you are a huge company, no one should make anyone else feel small. Then the HR recruiter refused to answer my calls and emails. I am still not sure why they invited me for an interview to make me feel inadequate. Very disappointed in this company.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you can do this job? Your resume does not look like it.   Answer Question