Toyota North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.9

Dealer Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I am currently still in the interview process and have a face to face soon. It has been a great experience and the recruiters are very helpful even providing you with exactly what will asked during the interview process, It is clear they want you to be successful. This has been one of the best experiences i have ever had and I hope to be able to join their team.

Interview Questions

• Toyota is stil in the process of moving to texas so the interview was delayed a bit, I will have a face to face next week but the interview process over the phone was very casual pretty much just getting to know you as a person not a candidate.   Answer Question

Interview

Very conversational interviewing. They're looking for personable, humble, driven graduates. Have leadership examples ready. Asked lots of questions about your resume. Asked about willingness to relocate and where. Have two tracks for the logistics trainee program and ask about your interest in either or both.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from a recruiter a few days later to set up a phone interview. That interview was with HR. Very simple, no technical questions. I received an email a few days later telling me I had moved on to the next phone interview with some engineers that I could be working with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Toyota?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked for Toyota or anyone else in the auto industry?   Answer Question
    • List components of the area you are applying to design components for. i.e. chassis components if you are a chassis engineer.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and HR contacted me for phone interview 3 days afterward. I had the phone interview, typical HR questions. HR told me that she will get back with me in 2 weeks for next step. Within 2 weeks, HR reached out to me to set up F2F interview. Had the interview with hiring manager, and 2 more associates at the Legacy Office. Hiring manager said they will make a quick decision and within a week I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions and more info about your work experience.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Lasted 6 1/2 hours: two hours:hand coordination in a car viewing a monitor hooking up wires to designated inlets; two hours taking various sized weights ranging from 5lbs to 20 lbs and putting them on designated posts along with taking a stylus and bending over the back end of a toyota truck without wheels and tracing a wiggly line between to lines without touching the borders of those lines; and two hours of working in a group setting of about 6 co-applicants having to deciding amongst ourselves how to make the most money by building and selling toy wooden cars following the outlines provides by our hiring tream.

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online 2 days later received the assessment got an email stating that I passed the assessment and scheduled an phone interview in the phone interview the STAR process was asked. The phone interview lasted roughly 20mins. Another 3 days later I was scheduled for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to negotiate with a customer?   Answer Question

Customer Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. Had an initial phone screening then a follow up interview where I met with a recruiter for about 30 minutes. Received an offer within 2 weeks of the in person interview. They do a great job of explaining exactly what they are looking for in answers to their questions (STAR format).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you took initiative?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this position? What about Toyota interests you?   Answer Question

ITTrainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then with manager. Then set up interview with Manager and his manager. Typical situational questions about your experiences. Then had interview with VP. Overall, was very typical of US corporations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced adversity and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

HR phone screen. Hiring manager phone screen. Panel interview with two on site and two via teleconference. HR follow up phone conversation (benefits and salary range review). Face to face interview with hiring manger, his boss and his boss. Panel interview had open ended background questions followed by a series six situation, task, action and results questions. The final interview with such high level people seemed excessive to me. All open ended questions obviously targeting questions they had about my resume and experience. Not sure how they are going to keep up with hiring needs as they open their Dallas campus with such an involved process, Long delays between each step. Asked before leaving the final interview what their timeline was and they indicated they would be making a decision that day...still took several weeks and follow ups before receiving an auto email rejection. Obviously they made an offer to someone else and were waiting until they accepted and passed the background check before informing the other candidates. That was somewhat obvious and annoying when they could have initially let me know they had chosen to make an offer to someone else first and are waiting for final acceptance...seems more reasonable to me, but possibly that opens up another can of worms.

Parts & Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Emailed response notifying me of being a candidate for a position from Human Resources and arranging an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. 60-90 minute phone interview. Waited a week with no communication, called hiring manager, an email from a contract recruiter arrived almost immediately. Recruiter arranged an in-person interview at the temporary location in Plano, TX. Interview was with a senior, national manager, lasted a bit more than an hour. Within two days received email from recruiter to arrange final interview in Torrance, CA. Company paid for all expenses plus provided a stipend in the form of a pre-paid debit card upon arrival. Final interview process was with five different team members. Called hiring manager a week after interview to follow up.

Interview Questions

• What role do you play in a team environment?   Answer Question
    • What is your definition of diversity in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a project you were working on did not go as planned.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself within Toyota in 3-5 years?   Answer Question