Toyota North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toyota North America Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.9

Business Manager Interview

Interview

This company is moving to Dallas, TX yet wants marketing employees with automotive experience. Coming to this market, I would have hoped they would look for talent over industry but they did not even consider someone without auto background

Finance Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Flown up to Erlanger KY for interview following initial phone interview. Manager did not have a copy of my resume so I provided one and was also late to interview. Typical nonsense behavorial questions. The recruiter who participated in the interview, told me he would contact me within two weeks to follow up. Did not hear back for almost two months. I sent a follow up email with no response. Left a voicemail - no response. Finally got hold of recruiter who informed me that I did very well in the interview, however another candidate was chosen. The recruiter clearly had no intention of contacting me. Advice to Toyota - if a candidate uses vacation and travels across the country to interview, at least have the common courtesy to follow up with the candidate regardless of outcome. The recruiting is outsourced and doing Toyota a disservice - very unprofessional. Reimbursement for out of pocket expenses was very slow and I had to follow up several times. I expected much better from a company like Toyota, and have no desire to apply for any future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who was difficult, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Toyota North America Response

Sep 13, 2016

Thank you for your feedback on the interview process and we are sorry to hear that you did not have a better experience. As part of the Toyota Way, we focus on continuous improvement and recently ... More

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Talent acquisition team is well organized. Process has been enjoyable. Employees are helpful. Parking is ample. Some interviewers participated by teleconference. They met with me in pairs.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview took about 30 minutes on campus. It was very relaxed, and the interviewers were very nice and not intimidating. Positive experience. Only behavioral questions, nothing difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge that you recently faced, and innovative solution you used to solve it.   Answer Question

Lexus Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted to do an assessment at a testing center. Two days after the assessment I was sent an email with times for a phone interview and was told to rank top three times. The phone interview with a recruiter lasted about 30 minutes. I was told I would hear something within the week. Received an email 3 days later saying they are going forward with different candidates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screen - interviewer was quite confusing, as if I had applied to the incorrect position. I applied online, and there were two identical positions listed, so there must've been a mismatch between their online job postings and HR's understanding.

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America in August 2016.

Interview

I did not expect this level of unprofessionalism from Toyota.

I had a phone interview with an HR representative. The interviewer was very friendly – asked a few questions about my background and experience, seemed very pleased with what I said and spent the rest of the interview trying to sell me the company. At the end of the call he indicated that he would recommend me for the next round of interviews and said I would hear back from him within a week. A week went by – and nothing... I sent a follow up e-mail to check on the status – no reply!!! Now more than a month later, there is not even a short ‘no thank you’ response from the HR. So incredibly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Toyota North America Response

Sep 19, 2016

Thank you for your interest in Toyota and we regret to hear that you did not have a better candidate experience. Our goal is to follow up with all candidates within 2-4 weeks of application and to ... More

Export Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I initially submitted the application in June and received a call from a recruiter with Toyota who asked general get to know you type questions. I later received an email with a request for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of two managers and was your typical interview questions. About two weeks later I received a call from the recruiter asking that I fly out for an in-person interview. The interview consisted of questions in the STARS format. Upon returning home I did not hear anything for about a month a which point I emailed my recruiter and he informed me that the team had decided to go with other candidates.

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota North America (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Toyota went to recruit at my university fall career fair. It was very standard, made some conversation and went over my resume with a recruiter and asked me if I wanted an interview. The interview itself was very easy and standard, couple of basic STAR questions. Overall a nice interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision regarding a team member?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Wear a suit and don't stutter or appear nervous and you got the job...Tell them you want to make a lot of money,simple as that and if your a woman don't wear some thing you see at a club and be born attractive..Also bring a resume and smile along and laugh at the jokes,just know it's all contrived but you will get the job it's cake.

Interview Questions

• How.much money do you want to make   1 Answer