Toyota North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.9

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

casual but intimidating, very direct. They wanted direct answers, They kept asking me to refer to 1st person singular and past experiences, not "what ifs". I applied online and received a call from the recruiter the next day and set up an in person interview the day after that. it was very fast. By the next morning I had a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem customer and how you handled the situation   1 Answer

Customer Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. Had an initial phone screening then a follow up interview where I met with a recruiter for about 30 minutes. Received an offer within 2 weeks of the in person interview. They do a great job of explaining exactly what they are looking for in answers to their questions (STAR format).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you took initiative?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this position? What about Toyota interests you?   Answer Question

ITTrainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then with manager. Then set up interview with Manager and his manager. Typical situational questions about your experiences. Then had interview with VP. Overall, was very typical of US corporations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced adversity and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

HR phone screen. Hiring manager phone screen. Panel interview with two on site and two via teleconference. HR follow up phone conversation (benefits and salary range review). Face to face interview with hiring manger, his boss and his boss. Panel interview had open ended background questions followed by a series six situation, task, action and results questions. The final interview with such high level people seemed excessive to me. All open ended questions obviously targeting questions they had about my resume and experience. Not sure how they are going to keep up with hiring needs as they open their Dallas campus with such an involved process, Long delays between each step. Asked before leaving the final interview what their timeline was and they indicated they would be making a decision that day...still took several weeks and follow ups before receiving an auto email rejection. Obviously they made an offer to someone else and were waiting until they accepted and passed the background check before informing the other candidates. That was somewhat obvious and annoying when they could have initially let me know they had chosen to make an offer to someone else first and are waiting for final acceptance...seems more reasonable to me, but possibly that opens up another can of worms.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toyota North America (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiters offered to sign up applicants for interviews during the university career fair. Following this, an appointment was scheduled through the human resources department and for an interview to take place on campus.

Parts & Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Emailed response notifying me of being a candidate for a position from Human Resources and arranging an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. 60-90 minute phone interview. Waited a week with no communication, called hiring manager, an email from a contract recruiter arrived almost immediately. Recruiter arranged an in-person interview at the temporary location in Plano, TX. Interview was with a senior, national manager, lasted a bit more than an hour. Within two days received email from recruiter to arrange final interview in Torrance, CA. Company paid for all expenses plus provided a stipend in the form of a pre-paid debit card upon arrival. Final interview process was with five different team members. Called hiring manager a week after interview to follow up.

Interview Questions

• What role do you play in a team environment?   Answer Question
    • What is your definition of diversity in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a project you were working on did not go as planned.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself within Toyota in 3-5 years?   Answer Question

Supplier Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone. STAR method. Most of the questions were straight forward but they ask follow up questions so be prepared. I was then asked for in person interview which went well. My biggest concern is that they fail to respond with results and lead you on for a long time. This is pretty disrespectful for a company this large to not respond to emails regarding the interview.

Interview Questions

Toyota North America Response

Nov 14, 2016

Thank you for your interest in Toyota and taking the time to interview and share your experience with us. We apologize that you weren’t followed up with in a timely manner as we strive to provide... More

Marketing Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Business attire was requested, noting that regular workday attire would be business casual, if hired. Initial interview was by phone; second was face to face at temporary HQ in Plano, TX.

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

My experience was very positive but the interview is a little bit tough. Just be prepared to answer questions in a STAR format. Dress well and arrive early because in the temporary facility, parking can be a challenge.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were very basic. The harder questions were situational. If you don't have a personal experience that matches the question, just be honest. Make eye contact and smile. This is a happy place to work.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Telephone, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Outside recruiter presented my resume to hiring manager's supervisor. Supervisor held phone screen with me. Then I had a phone interview with each of two hiring managers for two separate positions.

Interview Questions

• "At Toyota we have two pillars: 1.) Continuous process improvement; and 2.) Inclusion. What do you think about those?"   1 Answer