Toyota North America Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Anaheim, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Total three rounds of interviews and one screening phone call. The whole process wasn't bad and the questions that they asked weren't too difficult. The phone call screening just asked about yourself, the next interviews dug deeper on knowing more about yourself and what you've done. The 2nd and 3rd round interviews asked the same questions with more behavioral type questions. Was invited to the TFS day but could not make it. Got a call back after the third interview at the office to say I wasn't accepted but I think the experience was more than fair and everything was handled well.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us a time where you had to take a leadership role and how was it?   Answer Question

Consumer Insights Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Process took about 3 months. Passed initial phone screens with the hiring manager and setup in-person interview in Torrance, CA. Stayed at Miyako Hybrid Hotel next to HQ.

Interview consisted of (3) panel interviews, (1) case study presentation, and (1) one-to-one interview with the team lead.

Was told that I'd hear back from HR within 1-2 weeks about next steps. I reached out 2 weeks after the interview for an update - HR replied that there wasn't an update. After no news for another 2 weeks, I reached out to HR - I never heard back. I finally reached out to one of the hiring managers and was told that I wasn't extended an offer.

Sometimes you get an offer, sometimes you don't - that's the name of the game. It's about the right fit for the role. However, stringing a candidate along is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with research methodologies.
      What me through your resume.
      Why are you interested in Toyota?   Answer Question

Logistics Trainee- Supply Chain Track Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Torrance, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I did an interview at the current headquarters in Torrance,CA that will be moving to Plano,Texas soon I was expecting a more difficult interview process but it was straight forward. I first had a phone interview with the recruiter she asked "tell me about yourself" and describe your work experience. She was very interested in my Data Analytic skills (This is what got me the in-person interview). That same week I went to the headquarters interviewed with three gentlemen, it was supposed to be four. Had me tell them about myself, I described my work experience presented my portfolio from past internships I had and showed them some Linear Programming as well as Linear Regression models I created. They were impressed I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your work experience you have on your resume'   Answer Question

Negotiation

Toyota Motor Sales for this specific position does not negotiate salary. But when making a decision think about the benefits (which as great, opportunity to learn some great skills, the name "Toyota" on your resume' and lastly you can receive a 20% increase in pay after 6-18 months.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Torrance, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

standard, 3 person panel interview that lasted about 1.5 hrs. Textbook PM questions. Emphasis is placed on prior experience. Easy to determine who the lead was and zero in on that person's questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the Change Control process at your previous employer.   Answer Question

IS Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Torrance, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter said feedback 'Over qualified'. Referred me to another recruiter.
    Feedback was 'not qualified' but referred me to another role. Passed initial phone screens and setup in plant panel interview in Torrance, CA. Checked into pre-paid 3 star Miyako Hybrid Hotel
    for pre-paid dinner.
    Worked out in gym, showered, breakfast, lunch and checked out to get ready for 3 pm interview.

Panel interview blind sided me with technical questions as I thought this would be a behavioral type.
    Not told that I was rejected until I followed up 2 weeks later. Interview was in March and Toyota has yet to reimburse me for my mileage submitted. Don't expect check until late May.

I applied online for a similar role and forced to click Arbitration button to continue application.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Interview Questions

• Received a call to set up interview. The interview was more of a skills assessment. They also gave us an introduction of the office space we would be working at. Unfortunately, I did not get past this.   Answer Question

Exchange Specialist/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

You going to have 4 separate interviews and a telephone interview asking you typical behavioral questions such as Why do you want to work at Toyota? What is the most difficult experience you had and how did you solve it? Have you ever done drugs and what do you think if an employee was doing drugs while working? Name three words to describe yourself?

Interview Questions

• What was your worst work schedule?   1 Answer

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Torrance, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email about testing about 2 months after. (Source at the HQ said they had already went through a first group and not enough potential went to second round) Email for testing arrived with date and time of testing and was non negotiable. 2 weeks after testing was completed I received and email advising I was moving on to the phone interview and what times were available. Responded same day , opted for an interview 4 days away. Caller called 1 minute after interview time, interview was 30 minutes and was asked to move onto final interview in the same call. A week and a half later I received an email with information about 1:1 interview .

Shadowed an active associate for 30 minutes, then moved onto the In person interview. Standard interview , with STAR format question.

Interviewer did follow up on many STAR questions

Interview Questions

• Biggest working achievement, Why Toyota and why Toyota Customer Service, What would my Supv say about myself and work and few others I do not remember .   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Torrance, CA).

Interview

1 pre interview with their onsite agency , sort of a screening and 1 phone panel interview and 1 in person interview. Extra typing so I can submit, I have nothing else to add as that was the entire interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult work experience, what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Torrance, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submit a resume and answer some basic questions. Manager will set up interviews with top candidates. Hiring manager will set up follow up interviews with management team. The manager will make the offer if chosen.